101 Reasons Connie and Jason are NEVER Getting Married

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

101 Reasons Connie and Jason are NEVER Getting Married

Bart: "Give me one good reason why not."

Whit: "I can think of several."

Eugene: "And I can supply a multitude."
A Cheater Cheated

I'm sure we anti J+Cists can come up with at least 101 reasons this is not happening. Let the fun begin...

1. Jason was taken out by a toy battle ship
2. Jason is prone to action… which is exactly why Connie left Mitch. Hello.
3. Connie is frozen in eternal youth. Jason will grow old while Connie ages one year every five years. Awk-warrrrd.
4. Jason won’t tell Connie how to make raspberry ripple.
5. Jason has never made Connie macaroni and cheese
6. Picture this: Connie and Jason at the mall.
7. Jason doesn’t know that phone number have to have more than just three or four digits
8. If Connie had children, she would have to be somewhat controlling and authoritative towards those children. This is very different from the relationship she has with kids normally. As friends, and as equals in the children’s way. We would feel differently towards Connie than we do now. She would be fundamentally different.
9. Jason probably has gray hair by now. He’s at least in his late thirties. Probably he’s balding too.
10. Connie tends to throw fits, and Jason tends to stick to his point of view. Marital spats dead ahead.
11. What self-respecting kids would want to have brussel sprout soufflé for dinner?
12. Whit is Connie’s father-figure and Jason is his son
13. Terrorists would raid the wedding
14. Jason has a bunch of evil villains who have tried to get Jason numerous times and who still want him dead. Possible trouble ahead. A marriage between Jason and Connie would be very dangerous. Jason would be risking Connie’s safety and Connie because would be risking the safety of any future children.
15. Jason wears lousy ties

Let's talk it up!
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

16. When they have kids, one of them would have to quit their jobs to take care of them, and I doubt Connie or Jason would be willing to do that.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

1. Jason was taken out by a toy battle ship
???an armed toy battle ship.

2. Jason is prone to action… which is exactly why Connie left Mitch. Hello.

she could change her mind if she loved him. And if Jason loved her, he might settle down.....

3. Connie is frozen in eternal youth. Jason will grow old while Connie ages one year every five years. Awk-warrrrd.

Who says Jason doesn't have some of this eternal youth? I mean, how long has Whit been 60's, 70's( or is he 80's by now?) And other kids have taken a long time to age. Rodney too... Perhaps Jason is stuck in the same vortex inside of Odyssey. He could be in his 30's for a while yet....

4. Jason won’t tell Connie how to make raspberry ripple.

I have a feeling he would at some point...

5. Jason has never made Connie macaroni and cheese

again, he will.

6. Picture this: Connie and Jason at the mall.

lol

7. Jason doesn’t know that phone number have to have more than just three or four digits [???

8. If Connie had children, she would have to be somewhat controlling and authoritative towards those children. This is very different from the relationship she has with kids normally. As friends, and as equals in the children’s way. We would feel differently towards Connie than we do now. She would be fundamentally different.

I don't see that as why she couldn't have kids. One of the complaints of her lately is that she hasn't grown or changed in a while. I think that her mother's death will change her--but she will still be the Connie we know and love. So she can't be with Jason because she can't have kids? That's strange reasoning.
She and Jason would have CUTE kids. :D

9. Jason probably has gray hair by now. He’s at least in his late thirties. Probably he’s balding too.

Why would he be balding if Whit isn't even balding? I actually got my first gray hair when I turned 19. Mom had premature gray hair in her 30's. I don't see why that wouldn't add to his attractiveness.

10. Connie tends to throw fits, and Jason tends to stick to his point of view. Marital spats dead ahead.

Ooh, marital spats! Conflict, the spice of fiction. They'd just have to make up afterwards.

12. Whit is Connie’s father-figure and Jason is his son

Father figure not father. It would just mean they have a close relationship already.

13. Terrorists would raid the wedding

lol. Jason could rescue her.

14. Jason has a bunch of evil villains who have tried to get Jason numerous times and who still want him dead. Possible trouble ahead. A marriage between Jason and Connie would be very dangerous. Jason would be risking Connie’s safety and Connie because would be risking the safety of any future children.

I wouldn't want to risk her children, of course. But there have been evil villains coming to Odyssey, and putting children in danger before (Novacom?) and that wasn't Jason's fault.

15. Jason wears lousy ties

lol. Connie: "Oh, Jason. Here's a better tie. I got it from the mall." Ties it around his neck.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

17. Jason keeps lots of secrets and that would drive Connie ballistic.
Mara
Pistachio

That's a good one Gratia :lol:
Helios
Butter Pecan

I might say that Jason ages once every 1,000 years...but that's too Doctor Who-ish.

18. If you can imagine Monty as Connie's nephew, you are either extraordinarily brilliant or seriously deranged.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

I feel like a lot of the reasons thus far are more so insults to Jason than they are reasons for Connie and Jason not to marry. I mean COME ON! Who wouldn't want to marry Jason Whittaker?... Ok I wouldn't want to marry Jason but that's not the point. What girl wouldn't want to marry Jason? Jason balding? While some of those reasons are hilarious, they're just not good reasons. (I like what ameraka did by commenting on each one. XD) On the other hand I do agree that Connie and Jason should NEVER get married. But my reasons are NOT knocks on Jason.

First, Jasons former life was a lot like Mitch's. Secret spy missions around every other corner. Secrets and deception. Danger at every turn. But now that Jason has left that life and turned to being an Antiques dealer, I feel like those days are behind him.

My actual reasons? Connie and Jason are more like siblings than romantically compatible. Sure Connie probably still likes Jason deep down, but it just can't happen.
Helios
Butter Pecan

After reading Jason's post, I'm inclined to agree with him.

I think Connie should marry Nick Mulligan. :P
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Jason wrote:I feel like a lot of the reasons thus far are more so insults to Jason than they are reasons for Connie and Jason not to marry. I mean COME ON! Who wouldn't want to marry Jason Whittaker?... Ok I wouldn't want to marry Jason but that's not the point. What girl wouldn't want to marry Jason? Jason balding? While some of those reasons are hilarious, they're just not good reasons. (I like what ameraka did by commenting on each one. XD) On the other hand I do agree that Connie and Jason should NEVER get married. But my reasons are NOT knocks on Jason.

First, Jasons former life was a lot like Mitch's. Secret spy missions around every other corner. Secrets and deception. Danger at every turn. But now that Jason has left that life and turned to being an Antiques dealer, I feel like those days are behind him.

My actual reasons? Connie and Jason are more like siblings than romantically compatible. Sure Connie probably still likes Jason deep down, but it just can't happen.
I was feeling the exact same thing! Why do feel a need to insult Jason? Do you not like him? I am inclined to agree-- what girl wouldn't want to marry Jason? That's part of my reason for wanting Connie and Jason to get together; because Connie, as the 'main girl character' on Odyssey, represents all girls in a way, and so it's kind of a wish fulfillment thing. :) On the other hand, I am not all that fussy; I want Jason to get married to someone--someone good (Connie is, of course; I wouldn't mind Tasha either if she became a Christian) because he deserves to have some happiness. At least some girl will be the lucky one eventually. :)

However, I still don't like the idea of Jason settling down totally. I don't see him doing that for long; action seems to be ingrained in his character. I don't want his character to change; I like that part of him.

I don't mind the brother/sister thing....I might have to settle for that, the way things are looking. Sigh.

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ameraca, this is a topic about reasons why they're not getting together, not to debate about. There are already topics for that. Your posts are great, though.

What can I say? When I make fun of Jason, I get on a roll. (Bernard spoof.)

Actually, while it was an accident most of them were wisecracks at Jason's expense, one does get a bit tired of you girls talking about how dreamy Jason is. So it was great fun joking about him. Anyhow, it doesn't matter. Of course I like him, jokes are just jokes. Besides, he's an easy target.

One rebuttal of one of my few quite serious reasons does need to be addressed. To my assertion that if Jason were to marry Connie he would be putting her and their children in danger, you said that kids have been endangered in AIO before. My reply is...
SO WHAT!?
How on earth can that justify a personal choice of Jason and Connie's?

Oh, and to explain the number thing. It happened in A Name Not a Number. It's been a while, so I can't quite remember exactly what happened. But Jason thought something or other might a phone number, and it only had a few digits, no where near enough for a phone number.

Great reasons, Helios and Gratia. That was very amusing.

Good to see you again, Jason.

19. Connie is a bad singer
20. Jason's face looks like a horse
21. Jason, according to the last Nova Com episode, brings Monica flowers every Valentines Day. He hasn't even started dating Connie, and he's cheating already.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

22. Connie and Jana, sisters-in-law??
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I see that this is not really a serious topic, PF, so I won't keep replying to these silly "reasons"; still, I wasn't aware that there were threads where debate was shut down (except maybe the pro- or anti- Emily threads; I haven't visited them, so I don't know). I don't like it when Jason gets attacked, even if it's a joke; few people in real life (including yourself I suspect) can come close to his wonderfulness. ;)
I do wish you would quit misspelling my name however; are you doing it on purpose? The spelling is right above my avatar, or do you not want to look there because it's a picture of Jason and Connie? ;)

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Connie and Jason are just plain incompatible. Too head strong it would be Mitch and Connie all over again. They are one and the same. Jason will never completely settle. I like Jason as a character but he needs someone way more like him than Connie or someone not at all like him.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Helios
Butter Pecan

Maybe PF has some kind of mental block toward Connie and Jason.

Oh, and toward spelling correctly, too. :D

Then again, how many people can spell Arkan correctly? (it's his own fault for picking such a name) :P

Whoa, Gratia, that would just be too weird: Connie and Jana as sisters-in-law. :?
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Helios wrote:After reading Jason's post, I'm inclined to agree with him.

I think Connie should marry Nick Mulligan. :P
Like every. That would be one marriage.
Debate Vampire

Helios
Butter Pecan

It would be an interesting marriage...and no worse than Connie marrying Jason (who's too old) or Monty (who's too young). Nick is just right. :D
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Nick is like 16.
Debate Vampire

Helios
Butter Pecan

He's Aubrey's age...and she's in college (or out). And Connie's the perpetual teenager who's never even BEEN to college (which she doesn't really need to go to, on account of the fact that Eugene is a walking university). But while we're on this topic anyway, why not have Connie marry DWAYNE???? O.o
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Dwayne? I don't remember anyone named Dwayne.
Debate Vampire

Rosy
Cookie Dough

"The name's Bush. Dwayne Bush."
Dwayne was Jared's best friend, before Novacom. And his real name is Dwayne Oswald.
꿈. 희망. 전진.