101 Reasons Connie and Jason are NEVER Getting Married

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

...No, he wouldn't. There isn't an age limit to work at the NSA. There is an age limit to work at the FBI—37—but it might be different for Jason because he wasn't really an FBI agent; he simply worked with them on the Grote assignment in The Labyrinth.

People are saying that Jason is too old for Connie because Connie is in her early-to-mid-twenties, while Jason is probably late-thirties/early-forties; honestly, though, I think people make way too big a deal about age differences in romantic relationships. When you get to a certain point of adulthood, age becomes more of a number than an indicator of maturity. What we should really be calling into question is the maturity level of the characters themselves.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:...No, he wouldn't. There isn't an age limit to work at the NSA. There is an age limit to work at the FBI—37—but it might be different for Jason because he wasn't really an FBI agent; he simply worked with them on the Grote assignment in The Labyrinth.

People are saying that Jason is too old for Connie because Connie is in her early-to-mid-twenties, while Jason is probably late-thirties/early-forties; honestly, though, I think people make way too big a deal about age differences in romantic relationships. When you get to a certain point of adulthood, age becomes more of a number than an indicator of maturity. What we should really be calling into question is the maturity level of the characters themselves.
Great point, Tigershadow (although I must say it's unwise to work for the NSA if you're past 40)
I want you guys to know I am not saying C & J SHOULD get married, I'm saying they have good chemistry and it'd be cool to explore that. And there are going to be some problems, as Milk and Eggs has mentioned.
Girls just wanna have fun!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Wodfamchocsod wrote:(although I must say it's unwise to work for the NSA if you're past 40)
That all depends on what you do. Jason's an analyst, not a field agent, so he wouldn't be putting himself in danger on a regular basis unless he actively chose to do so; while Whit was never on the payroll officially, he did work with them on national security projects like Applesauce. There are things in the NSA that don't involve putting one's life at risk—working with computers, intelligence analysis, cryptanalysis, investigation, and of course, the actual law enforcement.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

39. Jason tends to be serious, Conne? Not as much as him.
40. Connie has a bad temper. Not Jason.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:
Wodfamchocsod wrote:(although I must say it's unwise to work for the NSA if you're past 40)
That all depends on what you do. Jason's an analyst, not a field agent, so he wouldn't be putting himself in danger on a regular basis unless he actively chose to do so; while Whit was never on the payroll officially, he did work with them on national security projects like Applesauce. There are things in the NSA that don't involve putting one's life at risk—working with computers, intelligence analysis, cryptanalysis, investigation, and of course, the actual law enforcement.
Wow. U know a lot about the NSA. :). Cool. Although it seems Jason does ALOT of action in different episodes, which I wouldn't advise if u were past 40
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Haha, mostly I just googled career paths of the NSA.

Hey, forty-year-olds can beat people up pretty handily. ;)
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

42. Jason will annoy Connie.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

John Henry wrote:42. Jason will annoy Connie.
Actually, if anything, I'd think it'd be the other way around.

-- Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:57 am --
TigerShadow wrote:Haha, mostly I just googled career paths of the NSA.

Hey, forty-year-olds can beat people up pretty handily. ;)
You don't give up, do you? :) yeah....I always dreamed of doing FBI work and I'd google it. lol
But it was more than just Mitch working at the FBI that Connie didn't marry him. It wasn't her calling to be in Budapest. And idk if it's the smartest thing for J&C to get married, but it's more than jason and Mitch being more in the FBI. it wasn't Connie's calling.
And Jason isn't like a Mitch 2 btw :)
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

43. Connie will annoy Jason.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Please state legitimate exhibitions for Reasons #42 & #43. By that, I mean actual, bonafide, 24-carat examples of how, if J&C did happen, why there would be annoyances on both ends. Just saying they both would annoy each other is not something that would inhibit them from being a couple. All couples get annoyed at each other, but that's not a detriment to their relationship as a whole.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

The Old Judge wrote:Please state legitimate exhibitions for Reasons #42 & #43. By that, I mean actual, bonafide, 24-carat examples of how, if J&C did happen, why there would be annoyances on both ends. Just saying they both would annoy each other is not something that would inhibit them from being a couple. All couples get annoyed at each other, but that's not a detriment to their relationship as a whole.
I mean (even though I personally like J&C) Connie would go on and on about how Jason needs to change his shirt (or like PF & Amereka said about his tie). I think that'd annoy Jason. But I don't think Jason would annoy Connie, although of course every once in a while couples do have their squabbles. Maybe she'd get ticked off at all the secrets he's kept...idk.
But you're right, Old Judge, just because sometimes they get annoyed at each other doesn't keep them from being a couple if they want to. :)
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

44. Jason is more serious & quiet & clever. Connie is the opposite
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

You do realize that all of your reasons so far can basically be chalked up to "opposites attract" and because Jason and Connie have opposing qualities that make them different from each other, they actually balance each other out and appear to be more compatible?
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

45. Connie has a bad temper.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:You do realize that all of your reasons so far can basically be chalked up to "opposites attract" and because Jason and Connie have opposing qualities that make them different from each other, they actually balance each other out and appear to be more compatible?
Yeah. You hit the nail on the proverbial head. :) (I love Eugene). I also like Jason and Tasha, but I do think with Connie and Jason opposites attract. It depends on the character I guess.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

46. Jason does not know any number above 9999.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

John Henry wrote:46. Jason does not know any number above 9999.
O_o What the? Where'd this come from?

And, I highly doubt it's true... O_o
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Look at the 1st page.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

John Henry wrote:Look at the 1st page.
*blinks*

I still don't understand.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

This whole thing is completely pointless.
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co