Wes sorta sings

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

Wes sorta sings

Hey guys. ;) So for those of you who don't know, I really enjoy singing and have been taking college choirs for about 4-5 semesters.
I'm really hopping that next semester I'll be able to to start taking private voice lessons with the teacher of one of the choirs I'm in now cause he's really cool!
Also, I was able (just yesterday 3/5/16) to sing the national anthem for one of my college's baseball games!
so anyway... I'll try and post some of my stuff on here and if any of you have any requests for me I'll try and do that for you. :D
so yeah, let me know if y'all are interested in me keeping this thread up and running or not. ;)

Until next time, Wes.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

That's really awesome, Wes! What's your vocal style? Rang? Probably would be good to know before I start making request! :twisted:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
yelsew
Fudge Marble

Bethany Shepard wrote:That's really awesome, Wes! What's your vocal style? Rang? Probably would be good to know before I start making request! :twisted:
:D :mrgreen: :D thank ya. Well right now I'm widening my vocal style. but I'm not that great at pop yet (I can do some), I'm okayish at jazz, I've grown up with hymns, I like classical, Disney's pretty easy... ect. so yeah idk if that's exactly what you were asking but hopefully that answers that question? I have a pretty large range depending on the day & time. In the morning I can sing most bass notes, but I'm actually a tenor. So I'm comfortable from around baritone - tenor 2/1. lol
So yeah, hopefully that answers your questions.
(If you want to hear any of a few hundred songs I've done so far, you can check my profile out on the app "Sing! by Smule" ;) here's the link http://www.smule.com/yelsew_t A few of my songs might actually sound okayish. (my playlist are my faves. some of my singing as well as others) :P )
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I would love to hear you sing Proud of Your Boy from the Broadways Aladdin! It's a pretty short song.
-Nicolas Cage
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Wow! That's awesome Wes! You're also pretty good from what I've heard. :clap: :wacky: Your "You Raise Me Up" was really awesome. ^_^

And you totally should do some more Broadway. I saw a few Phantom, but you should do more. ;) The only point of singing is to either be in a choir or a musical... come on! =p
xo eht haiasi-
yelsew
Fudge Marble

Bethany Shepard wrote:I would love to hear you sing Proud of Your Boy from the Broadways Aladdin! It's a pretty short song.
(Lol!! Ok... So much for trying to be active on this thread of mine. :P )
Ok, sorry for taking sooooo long Bethany... But here's my cover of "Proud of Your Boy" from Broadway's Alladin! http://www.smule.com/p/249298271_393884372
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Wow! That's awesome Wes! You're also pretty good from what I've heard. :clap: :wacky: Your "You Raise Me Up" was really awesome. ^_^

And you totally should do some more Broadway. I saw a few Phantom, but you should do more. ;) The only point of singing is to either be in a choir or a musical... come on! =p
:anxious: Thanks man! I have done a bit of Broadway stuff before some on the app and a bunch more in my choirs. If you have anything specific I'd love to at least try it. ;) haha

*Edit*
Oh also, I got the awesome opportunity to be in/sing in a music video made with high school and college students a few weeks ago and it has been released. If you're interested in hearing it, here's the link. ;) O.o :D
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

yelsew wrote:Ok, sorry for taking sooooo long Bethany... But here's my cover of "Proud of Your Boy" from Broadway's Alladin! http://www.smule.com/p/249298271_393884372
O.o O.o That. Was. AWESOME. 0___0 Great job! My jaw dropped just when I heard your first note. :P And you said you haven't had any vocal training? 0_o
xo eht haiasi-
yelsew
Fudge Marble

Isaiah the Ox wrote:
yelsew wrote:Ok, sorry for taking sooooo long Bethany... But here's my cover of "Proud of Your Boy" from Broadway's Alladin! http://www.smule.com/p/249298271_393884372
O.o O.o That. Was. AWESOME. 0___0 Great job! My jaw dropped just when I heard your first note. :P And you said you haven't had any vocal training? 0_o
:anxious: :o ;) Thanks so much man!! So glad ya liked it. ;) it was really quite fun to learn and sing. :) I haven't had any private lessons no. But I've taken choir for 4 semesters now and have grown up with music. ;) thanks again for the request Bethany. ;)
Helios
Butter Pecan

Just listened to your cover of the Aladdin song. Wow....I've never listened to the original song, but if I had heard only your version, I'd dang well think you were the original. O.o High-five, dude! :P
yelsew
Fudge Marble

Helios wrote:Just listened to your cover of the Aladdin song. Wow....I've never listened to the original song, but if I had heard only your version, I'd dang well think you were the original. O.o High-five, dude! :P
Awe... :anxious: thank ya so much, Fear. ;) glad it was pleasant on the ears. :P if you have any requests as well I'd be happy to at least try & learn em. ;)
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Daaaaaaaang, son! That was really good! I'm thoroughly impressed. *handshake*

Have you recorded I See Fire yet? I would LOVE to hear you sing that. xD
-Nicolas Cage
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Ooooooh, I know! I don't know how much of a baritone/bass you are, but you should try "Me" from Beauty and the Beast. :mrgreen: Or, "If I Can't Love Her" from the same musical.
xo eht haiasi-
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Ooooooh! Those are good ones! I concur.
-Nicolas Cage
yelsew
Fudge Marble

Bethany Shepard wrote:Daaaaaaaang, son! That was really good! I'm thoroughly impressed. *handshake*

Have you recorded I See Fire yet? I would LOVE to hear you sing that. xD
:D thank ya muchly. And thanks for the request. Was fun leaning that version of that song. *Handshake back*
I have not. I started learning awhile ago but got caught up in other stuff. So I'll try and start learning that soon.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Ooooooh, I know! I don't know how much of a baritone/bass you are, but you should try "Me" from Beauty and the Beast. :mrgreen: Or, "If I Can't Love Her" from the same musical.
I'm not much of a bass anymore. But I think I can definitely pull that/those off. I'll get on learning em soon. ;)
thx for the requests guys!
Helios
Butter Pecan

Um...I guess I would like to hear you sing that song that Pippin sings in Return of the King? :D It's really short. :P
yelsew
Fudge Marble

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Ooooooh, I know! I don't know how much of a baritone/bass you are, but you should try "Me" from Beauty and the Beast. :mrgreen: Or, "If I Can't Love Her" from the same musical.
Thank you so much for the suggestions! Sorry I'm sooooooo late in replying. I went ahead and learned/preformed "Me" on my singing app just now and it's out as an open call so if someone joins me as Belle, I'll share that link also. ;) (haven't learned "If I can't love her" yet) (There's a few mistakes in here and I'm obviously not a bass. But hey I tried. Lol (oh and I meant "All's well..." Not "All Wells" lol! Oops)
Helios wrote:Um...I guess I would like to hear you sing that song that Pippin sings in Return of the King? :D It's really short. :P
Hmm... Don't know what that is, but I can look it up later.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

xD That was great. :P The creepy laughs were the best. :lol: Even with your higher voice, you still seemed to hit Gaston's part pretty well. =D
xo eht haiasi-