The Many Works of GJFH

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Ooo! I'd like to see that! I've thought about posting a video of me singing on here too. (Though I might get kicked out of the soda shop for it...)
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

PennyBassett wrote:Ooo! I'd like to see that! I've thought about posting a video of me singing on here too. (Though I might get kicked out of the soda shop for it...)
Why would you get kicked out of the SS? :)
Last edited by GJFH on Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

This is a poem called The Sea. I had been writing this a while ago, though apparently it had to be raining for me to finish :inlove: .

What if I said
You are a sea
Shimmering under the light
Brimming with dreams
Moving with a fight
Never ceasing to breathe

You cannot be defined
An adventure and mystery
No simple word will suffice
You are an enchanted melody
Currents dancing always
Darkness beneath your feet

Human you may be
Upon a solid ground
There is more to see though
Underneath the earth
The ash, the clay
Lies a sea of things
You battle every day
Darling take hold
Inhale and release
Cry out if you need
Reach up to your peace
A steady hand
To keep you from drowning

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

If anyone wondered what I look like, I did a quick sketch last night and inked it. It's a self portrait, which I've never done. :)

Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I like The Sea. I can almost hear the rhythm of the rain in it.

Cool drawing too. If your self-portrait is any indication, you're very pretty. :)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

These are all really good! I love them! I love the script about Connie and her family! I love the drawings of Jason! W.O.W.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Ameraka wrote:I like The Sea. I can almost hear the rhythm of the rain in it.

Cool drawing too. If your self-portrait is any indication, you're very pretty. :)
Thank you Ameraka :) .
Kathy0 wrote:These are all really good! I love them! I love the script about Connie and her family! I love the drawings of Jason! W.O.W.
Aww, you're sweet. I'm glad I wrote it.

GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Wash

To make a confession
I am not who you think
Understand please, my question
Who do you see in me?
From my perspective
Dirty shadows underneath
Muscles tight, lips hidden
Gained from a lack of sleep
My head will not silence
These walls collapsing on me
Sedentary movements
A depression crippling
Hello for me is help
Goodbye is simply hell

I am not well
Needy I am clingy
Restless, On Edge
Thoughts are terrifying
Yelling in my head
May I ask another one?
Why the conversation
The continuation
Patience and appreciation
I do not understand
Grace is a foreign thing
In this world a hand
Is solely for one's self
Cold hearts are the ones we envy

See my heart is bright inside
Someone struck a match
I'm waiting to die
See my heart is bright inside
Someone struck a match
I'm waiting to die

The one with the lighter is I

To make a confession
I am burning slowly, hurting
There is no lesson
Only that I need a rescue
Dip my head under please
Raise this victim
Of her own evil
Baptize me
Sanctify me
I do only understand
I have to be clean

Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Wow thats amazing! Great Job!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Wow I love it. And I am not really a poetry person.

GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Kathy0 wrote:Wow thats amazing! Great Job!
*blushes* Thank you Kathy. :)
Ameraka wrote:Wow I love it. And I am not really a poetry person.
Thank you for commenting, even if you don't particularly like poetry, it means a lot. :)

GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I don't know why exactly I wrote this...may I have thoughts please?

love

As if it is air
It fills the quivering soul
Presses your weary heart to beat on
There is always wanting more

A power like nothing else
Cleansing, overwhelming, and pure
A true craving grows with its taste
For love's fulfilling control

Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

REALLY GOOD! WOW!
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Godmother! This is absolutely amazing! I ADORE your poetry. I sang every one, and each felt perfect to the tune. Keep writing, words love you.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Kathy0 wrote:REALLY GOOD! WOW!
Emma wrote:Godmother! This is absolutely amazing! I ADORE your poetry. I sang every one, and each felt perfect to the tune. Keep writing, words love you.
Y'all are so sweet, thank you. :)

GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I listened to "Accidental Dilemma" yesterday and did some little over thinking. This might be sappy yet it did feel good to exercise my writing muscle and focus my attention. Please, tell me what you think. :)
“You’re too sentimental.” She surrendered in a dry tone, turning her face aside. Jason bit his lip. After a moment, Tasha rose to her feet and swept the dust she had acquired from sitting on the dock off her pants.

“You have five minutes.” She said and he was left alone, kicking his feet over the dark water slowly. He couldn’t argue with her, compared to most in the agency, he was incredibly emotional when it came to dealing with loss. This of course had caused enough conflict and controversy, Jason being the instigator, regardless of whether or not he planned on it.

Yet when he moved to Odyssey in the beginning, he felt as if he was the odd one out again. With his excitement to set things forward, people were appalled, visibly. Jason was credited for his ability to tinker, though the failure was in what he produced. His imagination station program, for instance, he told himself he was doing it to help, but his ego stepped in the way. A child had almost gotten hurt as a result. Was he letting emotion in when he just wanted to fix it? Were his intentions pure?

Not much time passed before he became known for having a reckless personality, and felt the tension between him and Jack Allen. It wasn’t wished for, the man had a role in raising Jason, witnessing his childish antics and vulnerability. They had gone separate ways after Jason graduated and Jack remained calm and contained while Jason latched on to danger, as a drug, addictive and pleasing. He didn’t dwell often on things if he could help it, and was not known for being a tenderhearted person.

That was before the shame of finding himself in jail, even if he was wrongly convicted. Seeing Jack’s soft, pitying expression. Though the older man still was kind, and life went on. An unexpected trip to the Middle East worried Jason, as for the first time in a while, his father was in danger. Then his pride struck again and again, nearly ruining an opportunity to minister in Central America, where the people needed a humble figure. Jason still thought about it sometimes, how explosions had ripped through the air and the villagers screamed and screamed.

Odyssey was, is a place where time was frozen. It didn’t matter what happened to you, or what you had seen when you walked into Whit End. The people there were honest and caring. Too soon, Jason had gotten attached.
He now had years of memories. Joking around with Connie, hoarding the secret of Raspberry Ripple, fixing random things, hanging around the Timothy Shelter. Having everyday conversations with kids and dealing with criminals who threatened to disrupt their peace. Sentimentality sprung up with the comfort and security he was blessed with. He wasn’t deserving, but he was sure going to make sure everyone could continue to feel it.

So Jason sat on the edge of the water and thanked God for allowing him to become sentimental.

Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

This is good, Jo, I really like your insight into Odyssey as a whole :yes:
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I love this exploration of who Jason is.
GJFH wrote: Jason latched on to danger, as a drug, addictive and pleasing.[/spoiler]
I like this line because it seems to explain a lot of his personality. In fact, I read an article about CIA operatives which said that they like the danger, it becomes addictive, these are the kind of people that kind of life attracts.
You can hardly do too much overthinking when writing fanfiction. :)

321tumbler
Caramel Crunch

Oh my goodness Jo this is so amazing! I love it so much!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

GJFH wrote:
PennyBassett wrote:Ooo! I'd like to see that! I've thought about posting a video of me singing on here too. (Though I might get kicked out of the soda shop for it...)
Why would you get kicked out of the SS? :)
Oh, I'm just not the best singer out there. :? I write songs tho!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse