Rosy's Artish Stuff

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Rosy's Artish Stuff

Hello, everyone! If you're reading this topic, I'm assuming that you're interested in my art. Either that or you're just trying to make sure you have all the topics read so the little ice cream cones will stop being so brightly colored. Either way, welcome to my art room!

I do some drawings, but lately I have found I much more enjoy editing photos, specifically of Disney movies and such.

Mericcup because OTP.
Anyways, I have a lot of fun making these sorts of things, but criticism is welcome, and thanks for looking.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

You. Did. Not. Draw. Those. Oh, my word they are Great!
Proud K.R.E Member
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Thanks so much! But you're right, they aren't drawings, they're photo edits that I did. I could never draw like that. 0.0
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Oh, its still good!!
Proud K.R.E Member
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I'm back again! I have been trying my hand at digital drawing, and I figured I'd post it here....

I used this piece of Anna's concept art as a base:
Official Anna concept art ~ Not my drawing

And the finished product:
This however, is.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Nice! How long did it take you to make?
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Thanks! I didn't time it, but I'd guess about 4 to 5 hours.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

*Squeal* Mericcup! Pardon me while I clasp my hands and hop up and down. These are all lovely. Lovely Anna, you chose some nice concept art.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Pound Foolish wrote:*Squeal* Mericcup! Pardon me while I clasp my hands and hop up and down. These are all lovely. Lovely Anna, you chose some nice concept art.
*joins PF in happy Mericcup dance*
Anyways, thank you very much! I'm currently working on a Rapunzel, which has proved to be a great deal more challenging.

EDIT:
I finished Rapunzel a few days ago. I'm much more pleased with how she turned out than with Anna:
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Wow, that's a bit of talent! Is it traditional or computer?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Thanks so much! ^_^
It's digital, and done pretty much the same way as my Anna, copied over a piece of concept art, though this time I had to change a few things about the outfit to make it a bit less.. revealing. I also payed more attention to shadows and skin tones as well.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

What program do you have? What's digital drawing like?

And why am I the only commenter on your Rapunzel? Tiger, why are you getting all the comments? :P
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I use Autodesk Sketchbook Pro (an app, which cost $3.99 for the full version). It's much harder than traditional to draw a base and such (hence why I use concept art ;) ) , but for blending and colors it's 100% better. I might also have trouble because it's not a "drawing" tablet, so the screen and other features of my tablet aren't built for drawing and sketching. I would absolutely love to try a professional drawing tablet one day. So overall, digital is great from completing and finishing art, but not to much for sketching and quick doodles.

And Tiger's probably getting all the comments because she's 100/100 better than me. ;)
꿈. 희망. 전진.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

underseasie wrote:I use Autodesk Sketchbook Pro (an app, which cost $3.99 for the full version). It's much harder than traditional to draw a base and such (hence why I use concept art ;) ) , but for blending and colors it's 100% better. I might also have trouble because it's not a "drawing" tablet, so the screen and other features of my tablet aren't built for drawing and sketching. I would absolutely love to try a professional drawing tablet one day. So overall, digital is great from completing and finishing art, but not to much for sketching and quick doodles.
I have Sketchbook Pro as well as Procreate, and I think you're right in saying that a drawing tablet is better for digital work—they're more suited to things like resting your hand on the surface while you draw. I like how polished digital work looks, but I don't like how painstaking it is trying to do projects with it (I've been working on a drawing of Mandy for about a month now in Procreate; the inking has been a nightmare). Meanwhile, I like traditional work because I like how it looks on paper, but then I scan it and the colors look really wonky. :(
underseasie wrote:And Tiger's probably getting all the comments because she's 100/100 better than me. ;)
-ducks head and blushes- Aww, thank you! But don't sell yourself short! Your work is lovely. I really liked your edits, and practicing coloring on concept art is a really good idea.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Rosy
Cookie Dough

So I have been doing more digital art, though this time on my laptop because I sold my tablet. I've also been trying out other art styles, etc, though the following picture is the only thing that came out nice enough to share. It was an attempt at a more simplistic style, with my focus more on lines than on detail. Unfortunately, in the process of cropping, re-sizing, and uploading it, it got a little less sharp than I intended, but here it is anyways:
Rebels Ahsoka Tano
Also I really don't know what I was going for with the background, this was my 5th try at getting something remotely decent. =P
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Whoa, that looks really good! ^_^ I'm still not used to the "new" Ahsoka... >_> But, at least she's back. :P

Oh, and I really like your Rapunzel too. Very creative. :mrgreen:
xo eht haiasi-