Benjamin's Interesting Life

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I think there might be a Whovian or two on here, also he doesn't reincarnate he regenerates.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

The reason that I don't like Doctor Who is because it doesn't interest me in the slightest. And I've been turned off from it simply because of the ginormous hype about it. The whole regenerating aspect is weird. The show is essentially about a Time Lord who raises himself from the dead every few seasons. That in and of itself provokes theological issues that I don't agree with. I understand that the show is cleaner than a lot of TV shows out there but, it's just not the show for me.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Wait, how does regeneration raise theological issues? It's a TV show, I understand it not interesting you but that seems kind of an odd thing to fixate on.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I don't believe anyone besides Jesus can raise themselves from the dead or as the case at hand may be, regenerate. I don't like it because the Doctor's powers don't come from God. If the power doesn't come from God, then I don't want to participate in it. I suppose you could say that for anything, say LOTR or Narnia, but I don't agree with Doctor Who's regenerating abilities.

I understand that it's a TV show and that it's not real. Sure you can enjoy entertainment that's not biblical in the least, but there has to be a line where you decide what's right and wrong for you based on your convictions. And based on my convictions, I don't believe Doctor Who is a show that I want to participate in.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Whose saying the Doctor's powers don't come from God? There are jellyfish right here on earth who regenerate.

RyanCummings
Strawberry

Mmmm...treading on careful ground there ED. In order to make the argument that the Doctor's power comes from God, it must be true that the "universe" or worldview that Doctor Who is founded upon is Christianity. It isn't. I agree with Ben on this point. The Doctor watches the world begin (not by God calling it into existence) and this shows that if the Doctor truly is real, then God isn't, and vice verse. So the argument that the Doctor gets his power from God is absurd. The Whoniverse and God don't coincide.

Now, it is not my view that Doctor Who is a bad show, don't get me wrong. But what Ben is talking about is a principle. His principle is not to watch something he believes is wrong, or against his faith, and I applaud him for that. It is up to all of us Christians to decide what to put in our minds as we continue on our Christian walk. Ben has made a mature decision to not watch a TV show that, while it isn't shoved in the faces of the audience, is based upon the beliefs of evolution and atheism.

~~~Ryan Matlock: Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You make some very good points. Ben I respect your principals.

Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Thank you very much for what you said, Ryan.

And thank you, Eleventh Doctor. For the longest time, I had just been saying I didn't agree with the show, without giving a solid reason. You asking your questions really made me think about what I thought on this subject. And for that, I'm grateful.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Nelson S. wrote:Also, this is directed at Kay. One of the workers at Bojangles' looked pretty much just like you. Except she was like 5 foot tall. XD
I...am like 5 foot tall...5'2", to be precise...

And xD.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wakko
Pistachio

Audrey wrote:YAY! Whovians for the win!

I've been asking him that for quite a while. -_-

Also, just to rub it in a little bit more, non-Whovian, it was 80 today. Just sayin'. 0=) God shines down and warms the earth on those who watch Doctor Who.
You mean 50? Cause the 50th anniversary episode was just a few months ago.
Btw I respect your reasons Ben for not liking doctor who, plus if you don't like a show why should you watch it.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

God's Girl wrote:I...am like 5 foot tall...5'2", to be precise...
Awww, so close. That would've been awesome if that was you. But, I can't see you working at Bojangles' at all. XD
Bobbymac wrote:You mean 50? Cause the 50th anniversary episode was just a few months ago
Haha, she meant the temperature was 80 degrees. Not the show.
Bobbymac wrote:Btw I respect your reasons Ben for not liking doctor who, plus if you don't like a show why should you watch it.
Thank you kindly. :D
Wakko
Pistachio

Oh haha.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Nelson S. wrote:
God's Girl wrote:I...am like 5 foot tall...5'2", to be precise...
Awww, so close. That would've been awesome if that was you. But, I can't see you working at Bojangles' at all. XD
Nah, while I've gotten job offers to be a waitress, I'd rather not be. :P
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Ben doesn't like Doctor Who. Best news I've heard all day. :D XD
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Q1: Are you the brother of Liz'Alike?
Q2: Do you watch Batman?
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

A1. I am Liz'alike's brother.
A2. There are a ton of Batman films. But no. I don't watch Batman. I don't like Batman that much. He's okay, but not my favorite.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Do you like moles?
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I've killed a mole. Does that answer your question? Heh heh.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Oh, because you used to have an avatar of a mole wearing glasses.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Wut? When was this? Like Monty Mole? I don't remember that.