The Adventures of Ben and Andrew (And other stuff)

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Thanks for the comment on here and comments on SoundCloud, CT. I always appreciate comments. :)

I use Pro Tools 10 to create my songs. I also use PT10 for creating my skits. It can accomplish both sides of the audio production spectrum.

Pro Tools isn't really made for creating music, more for producing/mastering it. So making music can be a little difficult. If I wanted to get serious with making music, I would get another program instead. Like Ableton or FL Studios. But like I said, I'm not serious about making music.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Almost a month since posting? Nice. Good job on my part. XD

~~~

Anyways. I decided to change my SoundCloud name because I thought Benjamin Chiles sounded better than Ben Chiles. :P And because that's mostly the name I go by on the internet. On the ToO Chat, I go by Benjamin. Kaida first started calling me Benjamin and I was kind of like meh. But it's grown on me, so I like it. Thanks, Kaida! If you ever read this. XD

I think that's it. I do have a skit all finished and stuffs. But I may have Garrett Vandenberg make some music for it. So, we shall see how that turns out.

THANK YOU PEOPLE.

You're awesome. God bless your faces.

EDIT: I also have 70 followers on SoundCloud now. Image
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Guess what peoples....

I FINISHED A NEW SKIT!! This skit has been quiet a while in the making, but finally, it's done and ready for you to listen to it! :D

Listen, share, enjoy.

Y'all are awesome. Gob bless your faces.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

My newest skit Sunset Boule-BREAD was surprising well received! Observe how many listens I got in two days! :D
And here's the stats on the actual skit:
This is the current status of my skit:
My newest record is 38 listens in a day. 8) So if you haven't already listened to the skit, it's in the post above this one. :)
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Oh look. Something new from Ben. :)

I made this for a friend. He's making a parody of his favorite BBC tv show, Top Gear. So he asked me to recreate the theme song for him.

Everything you hear in this piece... is me. So yeah.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Hey everyone.

~~~

Here's a song by one of my favorite artists, Matthew Parker. If you don't know who he is, he's a Christian electronic music producer. Anyways, he made this song to show that he's not only an electronic music producer, but he can also make other styles of music to worship God.

So this his Christian and Gospel song. It's excellent. Lyrics wise especially.

If you like it, you can download it for free. Just click the arrow pointing down on the track. Or just go to the link right above this sentence and download it from there. :D
~~~

And when you finished that song. ^^^ I've got this song that is like, one of my favorites now. Lyrics wise and chord progression wise. :D This is a Progressive House remix. IT IS WONDERFUL.

Even if you may not like the music, listen to the lyrics. They're really good. Unfortunately, this remix isn't available for download, but I'll ask if he can make it available. :D

~~~

À plus tard! (ah ploo tarh - See you later!) It's French.

And yes, I did know this one. I didn't look it up on Google Translate. ;)
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I'm going to try something new where I post things in categories. So here's an example:

SoundCloud News:

I have something awesome to share.
2,000 plays on my SoundCloud! :D
I made a post like this one when I had 1000 listens, but thank you to all of you who have listened to my stuff. I appreciate it!

Music:

Here's a fun and uplifting trance/dance song. :D

Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

SoundCloud News:

Heyyyyy, I made something cool. I made my own progressive house track. Yes, it's short, it's a work in progress. I will actually be making this one longer and better. Because this is probably one of my favorite songs I've made. Just because it's prog-house.

Look forward to the completed version in the future. Don't know when it will be done, but I will finish it. :D

Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Nice, dude, that's pretty killer! :D
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

*leaves almost two months gap to respond for effect*

Thank you, Metal! XD

~~~

Music:

I figured I'd share some music with you. Over the past couple months, I've gotten super into Electro House, Progressive House and Melodic Dubstep.

So I figured I'd share one of my favorites from those genres.

Electro House: (This song is super catchy! I think you'll like it. "DANCE WITH ME, LAMPY!!" -Awful Alvin)
Progressive House: (Ahhh, this one is so lovely. It's great to listen to while doing homework, reading, or anything.)
Melodic Dubstep: (I imagine looking at the stars as I listen to this song. The thumbnail for this song is awesome)
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

So many of these songs I go to listen to, then realize you've already shared them with me xD

BENNNNN. YOU NEED TO POST SOMETHING NEWWWWW. :P *hides* I kid, I kid. But seriously.

Oh, also, I was showing Abdul my soundcloud, and he saw that I reposted your Sunset Boule-Bread thing and he listened to it. :D He says to tell you he greatly enjoyed it. And he also laughed out loud at the llama meat thing. :P
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I KNOWWWWWWWWW, IT'S BEEN SO LONNNNNNNG.

I'm so very glad Abdul like the skit!! It makes me very happy to hear that people enjoy it! Thanks for listening to it, Abdul!

I did have an idea to do another a Capella song. The song I chose has a relatively easy beat.

Also, I really want to work on another skit. I just have to get in the groove of things. My life has been pretty hectic lately. And really the only thing I can get done is think about making something. :P

So hopefully soon I can start up a new skit.

~~~

Here, here is a song called Blu by MitiS & MaHi.
It's really good. I find it kind of pretty. Reminds me of mountains in China. On a day where it's cool, the air is a little moist and the sky overcast. Ahhhhh, beautiful. (I've never been to China, but I would absolutely love to) :)
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I FINALLY MADE SOMETHING! :D

It's been a while, I know. One of my friends asked me to make something for him for a school project he's making. So I did. He needed an outro for his video. It's a basic hip-hop loop. Kind of fun.

Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Cool! I knew you were making something, but hadn't heard it. ;) Good job! It was coo.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

That's cool! What plugins do you use to make your music?
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Mr. Whit's End wrote:That's cool! What plugins do you use to make your music?
I use Zebra2, Xpand2, and Vacuum.

Zebra2 makes some really great synths. I downloaded it so I could make progressive house plucks, cause progressive house is like my most favorite genre ever! And I attempted to make a progressive house track, but it turned into just a work in progress, and I haven't worked on it since. XD

Xpand2 is solely used in Pro Tools. It only consists of already made plugins. So I can't create any new sounds in Xpand2. Which is okay, because there are SO many premade plugins.

And Vacuum is also solely used in Pro Tools. I use Vacuum for basses. I made the basses in my songs Jellyfish Remix and God is Everlasting with Vacuum.

~~~

But I really do want to use Sylenth1. Cause you can get some SICK sounding prog house plucks from that. But I can't use it in Pro Tools because Sylenth1 is a VST plugin. And you can't use VST's in Pro Tools. You can only use RTAS plugins. Which is really kind of dumb, but it's a third party thing. -_-

I have considered buying Logic Pro or FL Studios. But since I don't really want to make music for a living and don't want to spend $100 to $199, it's really not worth it. :P
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Wow... I have no idea what you're talking about... I got was something about pro-tools... but have fun with that! :o

How long did it take you to make that song, Ben?
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I posted how long it took on SoundCloud. Guess you didn't see it.

I worked on it from 2pm to 8pm. I'm a little ashamed to say it took me that long, but, I was trying to sound close to something else. If I hadn't been trying to replicate something else, it probably wouldn't have taken me that long. :P
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

How did you get Pro Tools? Last I checked, it was somewhere around $700 dollars, and that's probably out of the budget of everyone on this board put together plus Bill Gates.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

The $700 dollars part you are correct on. I saved for 6 months. :P It felt like it was so much longer though. :P

Saved from 10/12/12 to 4/9/13. I've had Pro Tools for almost a year now. :~O

Prices on SweetWater:

• Avid Mbox Mini with Pro Tools Express $199
• Pro Tools 10 Upgrade from Pro Tools Express $399
• Pro Tools 10 $700

Technically, I could have bought Pro Tools 10 for $700 dollars, but the guy that I called that works at Sweetwater (Bob Furlong), is a friend of Kevin McCreary's. Kevin said that if I told Bob that Kevin sent me, Bob would give me a discount of some kind, but Kevin didn't know what kind of discount he would give me. So when I called, I didn't know what to expect. He didn't technically give me a discount, but he told me a way to save money by buying the Mbox with Express, then buying the upgrade! So I wound up saving a hundred bucks! :D

~~~

Then I saved another $250 bucks for my microphone. XD I bought it 5/31/13. But I got money a lot faster somehow. I'm not sure how I did though. O.o