The Labors of Liz

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Re: The Labors of Liz

These are some of my senior pictures. My sister and a bester took them for me :D
This last picture is a joke they played on me. We were up against that wall taking pictures when my bester told me to turn around and do a spider man pose. So I did... But little to my knowledge she wasn't really interested in taking a picture but making me stand there like an idiot for all to see. She also kept me in that pose by saying "Wait just a sec... My camera needs adjusting... Hold that pose..." etc. lol
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

This is about the senior pictures that you posted, Lizzy. >> WOW! I loved them!! Great choice of scenery and you look just beautiful! (And by the by...YOUR. EYES. AAHH!)
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

haha Thanks Renau! I really like them too :D I thought they turned out great ;) (And yes, they are very blue ;))
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Dear SS,
I just wanted to say that I'm planning (if I can muster the time) on writing you some letters. I really wanted to find a way where I could keep all my friends posted on my summer :). So I hope some of you can read them and enjoy! (I'll have Ben or Bethany scan and post them for me.)
I love you my friends!
Lexi
Renae
Fudge Marble

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! O.o O.o O.o
Oliver
Cookies & Creme

Totally awesome idea, Lex!
LOTR IS AWESOME
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Thanks Metal!

Well... Farewell my friends! I am now leaving this fair world for another. I will miss you all so very much! *hugs all*
Bye!
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

My Dear SS friends,

Surprise! I found internet and a friend willing to share her laptop! Whoopie!

I miss you all so much! You have no idea how many times I've wanted to share my fun life with y'all! I really am having a great time!
So, what all have I done.... So much!

These past two weeks have been staff training and for me that was basically learning the ropes of the kitchen (and baby sitting the staff kids.)

Speaking of ropes... You will all be so proud! On one of my off hours I did a high ropes course!

It was a little scary but not to bad! Though I do have three tons of bruises on my legs and arms ;) haha

I have made so many great friends while I've been here... It just amazes me! God is really stretching me and showing me things about myself.

Funny story! Okay, the other day I got into the kitchen and nobody was there yet. I decided that I would help the process along and start making the coffee! Great idea, right? Wrong. So I hadn't technically made the coffee yet... So I really didn't know how to make it...
So here I am in the kitchen filling this huge coffee container with water. I carry out the container and set it where its has to go to brew. By now some of the counselors are coming in and standing over me like vultures practically screaming "COFFEE, COFFEE!" So as if there wasn't pressure enough of making this stupid brew of wonderful coffee, I now have an audience.
I press the brew button and the water starts to filter through to the big container I just filled with water (anyone seeing the problem?)
Oh the trama of it all when the coffee/water started to pour out onto the counter and floor! I felt like the kids that Connie talks about who just sit there and stare at the mess in progress! I think I was in shock! haha
Anywho... I have since learned how to make coffee the right way! In fact I made it this morning at breakfast :D (and it worked great!)

It is right now 11 o'clock. I am REALLY tired.... These past to weeks seemed to drag and at the same time fly. It's been tiring yet rewarding. I'm so glad I'm here!

I love you all so much!
Lexi
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

*sniff* Two and a half weeks... COME BACK!!! I need my big sister! :cry:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Renae
Fudge Marble

A POST FROM LIZZY! :O

How are you doing, dear? Your story sounds awesome...hehe..sorta like something I'd do! :oops:
I'm always praying fer yah, and I can't wait for you to come back to us (which, by the way, had better be soon..or else! :evil: )

Love you! :D
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

My Dear SS Friends,

Renau! IKR! So a Lexi move! haha Thank you for your prayers, my friend :D

So an update... Well I have officially survived 1 week of actual camp. We had our first day campers :) They were all so cute! Though in all actuality I was in the kitchen a lot of the time... Or baby sitting the staff kids.

Life at camp has been crazy busy! I've been getting up anywhere from 5:30am to 6:00am every morning to cook breakfast... I then go into the gym and greet the kids coming in for the fun day of camp (this only applies to day camp, which was only this one week,) then go and see if anyone needs help, then go to the kitchen and see if the ladies on lunch need my help.... Then I may or may not (depending if the kitchen ladies needed me for lunch) organize and coordinate the volunteers to set up for lunch. I'm a very good delegator haha
After that I watch a little boy named Mathias until dinner... Yup. That was my week! (or at least a glimpse of it ;))

I really can't post that much... I must go and socialize with my family. (I came back for a little while this afternoon.)
I love you all SO much! *hugs*
Lexi
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Wow, sounds like you had a hectic week! Thanks for giving an update. I liked your coffee story. :)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Sounds awesome!
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Renae
Fudge Marble

LIZZY :D
What an awesome week!! Did you make a lot of friends? Did they all faint over your terrible beauty and witty personality?!?! Are you coming back with a boy friend? *hides* :mrgreen:
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I don't think so!!! I've got my baseball bat for whatever happens! :twisted: :mrgreen:
-Nicolas Cage
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

My Dear SS Friends,

I'm sorry it's been SO long since my last update. Life has truly been BUSY at camp. So much has happened, yet at the same time it's hard to recall any of it. It's all blended together into one blob in my mind.

I have but three more weeks of camp life left. It is such a sad thought. Where did my summer go? It feels like I just left! Yet on the other hand it feels like I've been gone for such a long time! Though I will say that i'm staying an extra week.... Now don't hit me *cringes into corner.* The camp administrator asked me to work a week retreat and I said yes... So yeah. But hopefully I'll have better access to the internet at that point.

Okay, I have a funny story!
A few weeks ago I went down to the paddle boat dock with a couple of guys to power spray the boats. I'm just going to say now that I'd never done this before. I was completely ignorant of all things involving power sprayers and paddle boats.
So anyway... One of the guys yanks a paddle boat out of the water and stands it up. Then he says "Hold this, Lexi." And I'm like "Um, say what?"
So I go to grab the boat-
I'm going to pause there for a moment and rewind to something I said about 30 seconds before. Quote: "I'm going to take off my shoes off before something happens."
So I go to grab the boat and he lets go. I saw my life flash before my eyes as the weight of the boat came crashing towards me. I take a step back (which was a mistake) and fell off the dock and into the water!
Yes.... It was a typical Lexi move!
And yes, the guys did laugh at me haha.

Well that's all I have time for today... I love you my SS friends! You are all in my prayers!
Lexi
Renae
Fudge Marble

Before I say anything......BWAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: That story was hilarz Lexi!

*cough* Now, ANOTHER WEEK?! *hits Lexi* :x How could you?
JK :roll: You can stay another week, but that's all, you hear? I'll be waiting here on the SS for you and if I die from missing you I hope you feel sorry! :mrgreen:
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I love u so much Renau! I promise it's only one week! And yes, that story is quite funny ;) at this exact moment I am suffering from an illness. I'm using one of the other "beautiful kitchen ladies" iPad. Still trying to get used to it... I feel so old fashioned!
I am at this exact moment feeling quite sad yet quite excited camp life is almost done. This short chapter in my life is about to end. Yet at this same time it is just beginning. I've been invited to work retreats here, and plan on doing so. So even though my summer is ending, my life here at camp really isn't. Praise The Lord!
This week has been quite epic because 1:a lot of my outside friends have been volunteers this week! And2: I have some funky weird illness going on. So about half way through my morning I start to feel nauseous... Oh great! So I come up to where I stay and fall asleep on my bed. I wake up and feel fine. Praise God, I'm not sick!
Not! So later in the day I'm out at the pool (that sounds so lovely!) and start to feel sick again... Again I go up to the house and lay down and fall asleep... Again I wake up and feel better. But I won't be fooled this time! So here I am, laying in bed feeling like a complete bum. This is the first time I've actually taken a rest all summer... Besides the weekends.
Tonight has also been one of the few times I've watched a movie! What a busy summer!
Enough about my illnesses and woes! Lets have a funny story... Hmmmm..... Which one, which one....hehe
So the other day(ie last week) I decided to make cookies for the counselors. So I make them chocolate chip cookies and write each of them a brief note. I then seal each note/cookie into a ziplock Baggie. I then ( by this time it's about midnight, which for me is really late) take the bags of cookies to each cabin door and place them on the door steps.
Okay, so the crux of the story is that the cookies did t make it... You want to know why?? Because th stupid squirrels took them! Yes, the squirrels! The tragedy i faced when I woke in the morning to find the evil fiends had wrecked my plans! Granted, they only took about 3-4 of the counselors cookies, but regardless! I once thought that squirrels were cute... And now I don't!
I must go now... Bed is calling my name... I love you my SS family!
Lexi
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

MY BOBBY POSTED!! JOHN!

I'm gonna sing you "S.I.M.P.! Squirrels in my pants!"
Have some compaction, Lexi!
-Nicolas Cage
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Thanks Johnny! I am very happy the squirrels got a good meal :D

I did it again! Remember the coffee story?? Well..... This time it was the iced tea! I was preoccupied! What can I say?? And the funny part about this whole story is that every time I do this a certain guy is always there... (no not a guy i like, renau :) it never fails! This is the FOURTH time I've done this! And he's ALWAYS there! I press 'brew' and walk away then he yells "Lexi, the coffee!" Or this time "Lexi, the tea!" *sigh* Life of a beautiful kitchen lady...

So I had an epic 'Christy' day yesterday. Have any of you seen the series 'christy' based on the book by Catherine Marshall? Well anyways there's this one episode called 'green apples' where this whole school house gets scarlet fever.... Well my camp didn't get scarlet fever, but we did get a fast moving virus. It really hit us Thursday night when there were three or four puking kids. Then they started streaming in... I stayed up till midnight cleaning pukey bathrooms and changing and sanitizing trash cans.
By friday morning when I got back to the cafeteria there were so many more kids! They just kept streaming in. All with the same illness. Puking stomach bug.
It was the longest day of my life. Looking back on it I can hardly remember what happened that morning. If I wasn't cooking a meal or belaying at the climbing wall I was picking up puke.
The Lord really helped me through that day though. It was really hard to see all those kids being so sick. To see them go home was one of the saddest things I've seen this summer. Yet God helped me through it! He gave me the grace to do what needed to be done and to do it with a good attitude. (Though I will admit that I felt like I was on a VERY big struggle bus!)
Though the climax of the story is that.... We had to shut down the entire camp. We couldn't contain the virus. It just kept coming. Kids kept getting sick. It was a black hole that we couldn't see the bottom of.
Now we will have camp again next week (the last week) but last week got cut a little short :?

Wow, that was a long winded story! Haha

I'm going to go to bed now... I love you guys!
Lexi
P.S. will you guys pray that we won't have another break out of this virus next week? I would really hate to end this summer like this :? Thanks guys :)