An Arkán Chronicle

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

An Arkán Chronicle

This is where Arkán posts major events in his life, and other things.
Last edited by Arkán Dreamwalker on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:Hah! Natural alliteration! I'll put something on here some other time. Just setting it up right now.
Cool! I'll come back then! :)
Don't forget Sonic ;) :lol: Lol
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I was on a Teen Jury! For real!

Peer court, also known as youth or teen court, is an alternative approach to the traditional juvenile justice system. A youth charged with an offense has the opportunity to forgo the hearing and sentencing procedures of juvenile court and agrees to a sentencing forum with a jury of the youth's peers. Youth court is under the supervision of a judge, and youth defendants and volunteers play a variety of roles in the judicial process, such as district attorney or public defender. Youth courts are youth-focused and youth-driven and are designed and operated to empower youth.

In simpler words, Teen Peer Court is a court run entirely by teens except for the judge. A teen, who has admitted to guilt of a crime, ranging from fighting at school to shoplifting, can choose to have their sentence judged by a jury of their teen peers. Youth court is under the supervision of an adult judge, and teen volunteers perform all the other roles in the judicial process, the Prosecution, Defense Attorney, Bailiff, Clerk, Jury and spectators (Although some parents watch also). You have to have special training to be a lawyer, but the jury is chosen randomly from volunteers. The Bailiff and Clerk volunteer beforehand. I was juror number four. After hearing the evidence for and against the character of the individual (since they admitted guilt prior to arriving in teen court, the only question is how severe of a sentence the defendant should receive), as well as for what happened, the jury retreats into the jury room to assign a punishment that can (-not include a jail sentence) include: Monetary remuneration to victim(s), writing a letter of apology to victim(s), hours of community service, and serving as a Teen Peer Court Juror at future trial(s). Whatever penalty the jury decides on is really legal and official and has to be carried out. I was unanimously elected the Foreman of the jury. More than that I cannot reveal about the trial, because they made as take vow of secrecy. A person who reveals any details could be fined $175. Ask me anything about how it works, but not about that exact trial. The trial took place at the courthouse, in a real courtroom with special places for the jury, clerk, bailiff, defense, prosecution, viewers and judge.
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

You told me all about this and it just keeps sounding better! You were truly blessed to get to do this! I am so excited for you! I bet you were awesome at it! Way to go. ;)
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Question...
Are you going to start a Q&A?
(Sorry for the double post.... Image )
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

A sneak preview...
~ Walker in Dreams
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:A sneak preview...
Errrmerrrwerddddy! Really? This is awesomesauce.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I applied, and was accepted! As of July 2013, I am an official member of the International Brotherhood of Magicians!
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Way to go, A! =D

Now, which one is you? ;)
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

Today, after over two years of waiting, I finally got the blue username I have wished for! And I became a Moderator to-boot!
~ Walker in Dreams
Rosy
Cookie Dough

*throws confetti at Arkán*
Welcome!
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Congrats fellow mod! *throws confetti with Seasie*
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

*throws confetti at underseasie and Stella*

*gives Arkán a celebration truffle*
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

1,000th post.
Finally.
With the exception of jokes and some games, every post has been a carefully written, poignant post.
I hope.

-----
Total SS Posts: 1,000
Total CC Posts: Old-511 New-31
Total ToO Posts: 772

Tri-Forum Total: 2,314
-----

Quite a lot has happened. I have gotten older and wiser.
My magic business has had it's one year anniversary.
I have in the works a blog, a podcast, a forum, and possibly even a Youtube channel.
I met, dated, and married the girl of my dreams.

Wait.

That never happened.

I am still helpless as far as romantic relationships.
I will shortly be on practically every social media site or such in existence, (Except for Instagram. That requires a smartphone.) so that I will be able to contact almost anyone anywhere.
I am writing novel. I expect to have it finished and published in about ten years. I might make a supplementary blog to it.
I got new computer! With a touchscreen!
I have completed my four years of cross country mountain bike racing. I never finished in last place. In fact, I always finished in the middle or better. For four consistent years. I am quite content.
I have taken up Parkour. I was born for it.

And now for the biggest change.
I have applied to, and been accepted to, my dream college, and will be attending in the Fall.
Woohoo!
Except.
Y'all have probably noticed that I haven't been around much lately. College is going to seriously affect my SS attendance.
So this also serves as my notice of semi-retirement from the Soda Shop. Y'all will likely not see an exorbitant amount of me during the next four years.
I will still moderate and post as I can.

I have seen the Soda Shop since the pretty-early-years. It's come a good ways, mostly good. I have seen the founding of the Emily Rules Klub, and the former Emily Stinks Klub. (As well as a plethora of middling Emily clubs & klubs.) I remember when we had SuzyLou as a constant poster. Yep, both the SS and I have come a ways. Love you guys. I'll be sure to stick around.
And in all this time, I never used an avatar that wasn't from Kingdom Hearts.
~ Walker in Dreams
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

We shall be sad to see you go. Hey, is your kollege anywhere around here?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

Define "around here" mein herr!
~ Walker in Dreams
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Ahem. I'm not a herr, a herring, or any other water creature. I'll pm you
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I am at college! I have had my first day, convocation, and all sorts of things. It is amazing! Lots of fun and lots of hard work. Don't expect to see much of me.
~ Walker in Dreams
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Congrats Arkán! Have fun!
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

{Insert As Yet Non-Existent Shop Logo Here}

One of my lifetime dreams is happening. I am now partial proprietor of a magic shop.
A couple magician friends of mine are founding a brick-and-mortar magic shop, and I have been invited to be involved. It will open next year. I will be doing work on the website, including design, inventory, and upkeep. I am head adviser, will likely be selling effects that I invented, and will be working in the physical shop during the summer. ($ 4 college you know.)
I am currently working on concept designs for the word logo and the image logo. If you guys know any really great artists, let me know.
And I can basically make my own job title, be it serious or playful. Doug is Co-Founder and CEO, and Josh is Co–Founder and CMTO (Chief Magic & Technology Officer). What do you guys think I should choose?
~ Walker in Dreams