The Adventures of Ben and Andrew (And other stuff)

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Yup, that's me, Totally His. I'm Ben. :D

Well... I currently can't make any new productions for about two more weeks. Because the computer I use to make my productions is gone for that long. :/

Anyways, I made this a couple weeks ago. I had only shared it with a few people. But yesterday I decided I'd just share it on Soundcloud. And surprisingly enough I got some great feedback for it. :D

Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Hello my fantabulous friends.

I finally have something new for you! YAY!
This is one of the audition scripts for Get in the Show. (Thanks, Shamwow) And while I totally loathe the whole idea of GITS, I did happen to like the Gum skit audition script. So I thought I would record it, and throw my own spin on it! :D

Hope you enjoy!

Leave me a comment! (On here or on SoundCloud) I'd love your thoughts and opinions!
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

haha, nice. Do you use Garageband for your recording?
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Nope. I use Pro Tools 10 and I use a Studio Projects C1 microphone. I used to use Garageband, but I've moved on. ;)
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Nelson S. wrote:Nope. I use Pro Tools 10 and I use a Studio Projects C1 microphone. I used to use Garageband, but I've moved on. ;)
Yeah, I'm not surprised. I envy you. :D
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I love how Andrew is like "Sure!! No..." through all of the skit.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Haha, thanks, Beth. I would say it's one of my favorites skits, though I've heard it so many times. :P I did laugh out loud at myself several times during the making of it.

----------------------------

So I've been looking for new CD's to listen to. (When am I not? ;) ) I just put $12.32 into iTunes, and I need to buy something. Haha.

I'm contemplating whether to buy Ocean Eyes Deluxe by Owl City or Made by Hawk Nelson.

Why I want these CDs:
Well, I have all Owl City's albums except this one and "Of June".
"Made" is super catchy and it has great lyrics. And the lead singer that they used to have (Jason) is no longer the lead singer. The band is just so much better with him gone. :D (I didn't like his singing)

On Thursdays, my sisters and I go to our friend's house for a Bible study every week. And it takes roughly 30 minutes to get to their house. And what do we do on the way there? We listen to music.

Well, a large majority of music I have on my iPod is either electronic or Christian rap. :P (I do have some Christian contemporary, but that's about it)

My sisters can take about (_) <- this much of electronic music without getting irritated. And any kind of rap is out of the question for most of them. So, I need a new to listen to.

If you have any music suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate anything. I'm really looking for a Christian pop album or if you have anything else that you think I may like, just tell me. :)

I was listening to the "Made" album on Youtube to preview the album to see if I'd like it and I found this song that I think is just absolutely awesome!! You may like it as well!

Thank you guys, bless your face. If you sneezed while reading this, bless you. ;) (Tobuscus reference)
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Nelson S. wrote:Haha, thanks, Beth. I would say it's one of my favorites skits, though I've heard it so many times. :P I did laugh out loud at myself several times during the making of it.
I know. I heard you. :lol:
-Nicolas Cage
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

WHAT IS UP EVERYBODY?

Guess what... I made a new song!! And it's actually longer than one minute. :P I'm very proud of my newest production!

CHECK IT OUUUUT:

GET READY TO DANCE YOUR FACE OFF. (If you're up for this kind of music, that is.) Haha!
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

For those of you who have listened to any of my productions on SoundCloud:

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I really appreciate you guys listening to my skits and songs!

God bless your face.

P.S. I tried to get it right on 1,000 listens, it said it was on 12 listens for a while, then all of a sudden it went to 20. I wish I could've taken a screenshot of 1,000. But I'm not complaining, 20 listens in a day is great! :D
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I have a new song ouuuuut!
I made a remix for a little contest my friend is holding. He goes by Seth Beatz and I just couldn't pass this contest up. I'm super happy about how this one turned out. And I think you will be too. :D Enjoy it! Please...

I had ventured out at first to make a dubstep song. But just like every... single... one... of my other songs, it turned out to be something other than dubstep. Which is okay, I guess. I'm just not completely sure how to go about making dubstep, so I just went with the next best thing: House music. :D

The reason there's a little voice and a low voice saying "Jelly" and "Do the Jellyfish" is because that's what I was supposed to integrate into the song. Haha. The point of the contest is to make an entirely different song from Seth's original, while still using the vocals. So that's what I did.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

These were so epic, Benster! Nice job! =D
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I'm fighting a cold. Well, isn't that just... Peachy. -_-

Anyways, oh look, more music. Who doesn't like music?

Elevator - Hawk Nelson (Pop)
For My Good - Trip Lee (Rap)
Enter Jesus - Onnyx (Dubstep)
Doin' It Right - Daft Punk [Nocolor Remix] (Dance)
One More Time - Daft Punk (House)
At Church with a Keyboard - GameSofter (Chillstep)
The Legend of Zelda - Zedd (Electro House)
Ice - DJ Toussels (Progressive House)
Sunshine and Celery Stalks - PinkiePieSwear (Trance)
Yeah, I like house music.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

-_- back to you.

Song is cool. I double dog dare you to post one classical song. (that's not technified) *sticks tongue out* Hehehe
-Nicolas Cage
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I triple dog dare you to post a classical song! Now you HAVE to! MWAHAHAHAHA! *fist bumps with Bethany.*
I knew about your head phones... You used my card to buy them...
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Here. -_-

One of my favorite versions. Yes, I know everyone else in the world likes this song. Move on.
~~~~~

A friend of mine on SoundCloud re-posted this song on his wall and I saw it. It's amazing. Listen to it. It will blow your face in.
(I didn't post the SoundCloud version because of people's comments on it. Not appropriate for Soda Shop. :P)
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

BAHAHA! I had a really really good laugh over that "i know everyone else in the world likes this song. Move on."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm still laughing..thanks for that cousin!!
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I'm so very glad you enjoy my humor, Cuznae! :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I found an awesome Christian artist that I really like. He name is Tricia. I already knew about her, because she's the singer for Superchick. (One of my favorite rock bands.) But her style is very pop oriented. Which I love. :D

Check her out:
Even though it's kind of a girl song.... I still like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

God bless your faces.
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

God bless your faces.
Just our faces?? :? o_O

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I really enjoyed your songs, (I can see the craftsmanship you pour into them, plus it's interesting to hear modern electronic songs played as instrumentals) and I'll check out the skits as soon as I can. What software, if any, do you use to create the music? I commented on a couple songs, by the way...
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.