Campbell County

All the cool kids on the block are making AIO websites, here's the place to check them out!
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I've never been on the CC, so I couldn't say exactly if this applies 100%, but....

Having another AIO forum is probably going to cause problems. I'm assuming that most of the members of the CC moved to the SS or ToO, if they were interested in talking to other people, and people they know from the CC, about AIO, etc. The SS and the ToO really do not have a whole lot of activity (the SS actually is rather busy), and adding one very similar forum, with similar or the exact same members, is going to drop activity on all boards, in my opinion. If people want the CC to be active just because of its games/activities, start them in the game rooms on the SS/ToO, or give ideas to the admins of either boards.

*hides*
xo eht haiasi-
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

It sure seems weird to not have anything happening during the holidays over at CC after doing it for about 5 years. I sure do miss hiding the leaves and throwing snowballs. Image
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

So, Bren, did you officially take down the whole forum? I tried to get on several times in the past month and a half, and the link on my iPad won't work anymore.

A delightful little tune that in today's world is mostly associated with the Merrie Melodies cartoons and the Mummers' Day Parade. (1927)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

It should still be up, to my knowledge.

http://campbellcounty.co, for reference.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

So, is it still retired or whatever? And what was the deal with it in the first place? Were not enough people getting on?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Yeah, it's still in retirement. Campbell County was revived a few times, but there's just not enough people in the online AiO community to keep three boards active. Activity would spike for a while after revival, and then die off as time went on.

To my knowledge, people can still post there, but CC leadership isn't actively trying to get more members.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

It doesn't really require much to throw a holiday house together, so I'm curious if anyone wants to do this for Christmas. If not that's cool. I just think it'd be nice to have for the holidays. Snowball fights (RPG style) are a blast.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I'm in. \:D/ It sounds like loads of fun. :mrgreen: From what I hear throwing snowballs at people sounds like an opportunity I don't want to miss. :twisted:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Connie G. wrote:So, is it still retired or whatever? And what was the deal with it in the first place? Were not enough people getting on?
Ugh, this is where I feel old. Let me try to explain what happened at least from what I know. Bren here started the Campbell County Message Boards on October 6, 2009, several months before I got into Adventures in Odyssey. A number of ToOers came over to try it out, and it developed a nice little base of people. But it went through phases of activity, just like we have on here. The difference is, we have the backing of The Odyssey Scoop. This forum survived infancy because it is protected by a mother organization: the largest active Odyssey fan site. That is what brings a lot of members here, and what brought me here all the way back on May 10, 2012. CC was completely independent, with help of course from The Whit's End Podcast, which Bren also ran. As such, it eventually died in the spring of 2012. A storm of fan activity in the late spring and summer of 2012 caused such a surge in the burgeoning AIO fandom that the CC was relaunched. I was a moderator there for a month or two. But, real life kicked in for a bunch of people, including Bren, and the CC has gone back to a state of inactivity.

A risqué song released in Trinidad two years previously, but Americanized to include only vague suggestive comments. The Andrews Sisters' recording is still well known in musical circles today. (1945)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

TOJ pretty much nailed it. I will say that I did decide to have a Christmas board though. The holiday doesn't feel right without it.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Oh. Thank you Toj that was very helpful. And yes, feel old. What else can you expect? You have "Old" in your name, and you have Whit as your profile picture.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

As I've been reflecting on getting my start on ToO, I realize how empty life feels without CC as a part of it.
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Maybe we could have a Christmas celebration here on the SS. :D
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!