The Official Adventures In Odyssey Podcast

Some people like to talk, and for some, the topic of choice is obvious: AIO! This is the place to discuss the podcasts.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

The Official Adventures In Odyssey Podcast

It's been around for seven years and it's still going!

Bob and Jesse are the hosts. Bringing a certain lightness and carefree feel to talking about AIO... and really corny jokes that will make you want to slap someone. With great news to totally scripted episodes to silly videos every now and again. This is a podcast for any Adventures in Odyssey fan!

What are your thoughts on this podcast?

I really love this podcast. It's introduced me to so many Adventures In Odyssey podcasts. It's what's brought me here. If it wasn't for this podcast, I probably wouldn't be here today. I've been a fan of this podcast for over 4 years now. This podcast actually introduced me to the Ceiling Fan Podcast way back in September 2011. :~O

Though I do miss their old podcasts way back in 2009 through 2010. That's my favorite time period in Odyssey history. Albums 48-50. (50 being my absolute favorite album) Their podcasts were really funny, just a little bit more laid back then they are now. Yes, they were still scripted, but funnier. They would talk to each other and discuss stuff and go off on tangents and stuff like that. Now they're just so "Official Podcast Host-y". And it's sad to see them move on from old, fun, heart lighted podcasts. It's been like that for the past two years though. But I still miss the good stuff.

~~~

And why was there not a topic about this already?
Wakko
Pistachio

If it weren't for OAIOP I wouldn't have started to listen to Odyssey. O.o The reason why 6-7 years ago my church played this video series called Adventures in Odyssey. So I went home, found out there was a podcast. I listened to the podcast and the it was one of the free episodes, then I realized it was an audio drama. So then I discovered the REAL Adventures in Odyssey, and also all the fan podcasts. I also do agree that earlier felt less scripted, and more casual.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Before GITS: Interesting, pretty cool.
After GITS: Shona this, WesleywhateverACTSwinner that, OAC club this, bla bla bla.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I agree wholeheartedly with Mr. Whit's End. For about a year I was a devoted listener to the Official Podcast. But times changed, and I moved on. My favorites were always the Averys. GITS really did ruin the Podcast's reputation in a lot of people's minds, because they wasted so many episodes talking about the blasted contest.

(I had heard that due to financial difficulty, FOTF let Bob go. I take it that's not true?)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I heard that as well, OJ! I'm honestly not sure if it's true. I think he could still stay on the podcast like Evan did on the Social Shout-out, but I mean, if you're not getting paid, why stay on?

But I wonder who would replace Bob if the rumor is true? Maybe Brock? Diane? Hope not.
Maybe Chris and Sarah will come back into the Odyssey podcast world and host the official podcast! I think the podcast would be so amazing if that happened.

Who do you think could be a replacement for Bob if he's replaced? :cry:
Helios
Butter Pecan

I like Brock and Diana...they're simply hilarious.

What if they replace Bob with Shona? That would get the ratings up...

I used to love the AIO podcast (known as the WE in my vernacular), but now it's kinda dead for me. Guess I grew out of it after a while. Still, it's a good source of official AIO information (my only source, hehe) :D

BTW, how can the official AIO podcast be classified as "fan" if it's the official one? :?
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Helios wrote:BTW, how can the official AIO podcast be classified as "fan" if it's the official one? :?
Because there was nowhere else for it to go. Haha.
Helios wrote:What if they replace Bob with Shona? That would get the ratings up...
Haha. No. I would have revolt. Plus, having a young girl with a creepy guy like Jesse wouldn't work...
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Helios wrote:What if they replace Bob with Shona? That would get the ratings up...
If that happens, I'm taking a permanent hiatus from the OAIOP. :twisted:
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

I heard about Bob being replaced. =/ I liked him better than Jesse. Jesse always sounded (even more) scripted.

I don't even listen to the OAIOP anymore. It got boring. And full of promotions for the various contests/books/winner/whatever. :P
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

GITS updates were enjoyable. It was great to get updates, considering, oh, it was the first and possibly last time they'd ever done something like this, it was huge nation-wide project with stores participating in every state (again, a first for AIO) plus, well, a kid, a fan, one of us, was getting in the show! One of us little listeners was about to break through into the actual Odyssey world, meet Katie Leigh and the rest, be part of an AIO Live Show, and talk to Connie, Eugene, Whit Penny and the rest in an actual show through an AIO character all your own. Live the total AIO dream. It was awesome, and it's impossible to understand why people give it such a bad rap.

As to the second contest... Hang it. Phooey to it, phooey to the podcasts, phooey to the winners. What did it have to do with AIO? Zilch. Nada. Goose eggs. Sure, it's great to inspire kids to get out there and do good. But couldn't they have tied it to AIO in some way? Tacking Shona and Chris onto AIO adds and podcasts does not an AIO contest make.
*chortle* That would actually be rather cool. I have to admit, I for one would not object at all. Who agrees with me? No one? Oh well.

If Bob leaves, I'll certainly miss him. But they mustn't replace him with Brock. A lot of the charm of Brock and Dian is that you're surprised and pleased when you see them. They're not a built-in part of every podcast, seeing or hearing them is almost like getting a surprise gift.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Helios
Butter Pecan

I agree with you, Poundy.

And Ben, what's creepy about Jesse? I mean, this is coming from the guy who posted a pic of himself with duck lips. *chuckles* There is nothing creepy about Jesse and Shona hosting it together! It'd be like...a father and daughter thing.

Or something.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Helios wrote:And Ben, what's creepy about Jesse? I mean, this is coming from the guy who posted a pic of himself with duck lips. *chuckles*
Ho ho ho, low blow… XD

And I guess Jesse isn't really that creepy. What I guess I should have said is, I don't like him that much. His acting is kind of…. mehhhh.

I'd just prefer if they got new people all together. Maybe after 7 years it's time for a change.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Nelson S. wrote:
Helios wrote:And Ben, what's creepy about Jesse? I mean, this is coming from the guy who posted a pic of himself with duck lips. *chuckles*
Ho ho ho, low blow… XD

And I guess Jesse isn't really that creepy. What I guess I should have said is, I don't like him that much. His acting is kind of…. mehhhh.

I'd just prefer if they got new people all together. Maybe after 7 years it's time for a change.
I actually like Diane...but then again, I got to meet her for a short time at Focus last time I went..she actually took the group picture of us and Nathan. :o

But, I don't really listen/watch the podcast anymore...I loved it when they did the Q&A sessions and such..but to my knowledge, they haven't done one of those in a while. :/
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Refresh my memory: Jesse is the one with the high-pitched voice, and Bob is the one with the beard, correct?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Wakko
Pistachio

The Old Judge wrote:Refresh my memory: Jesse is the one with the high-pitched voice, and Bob is the one with the beard, correct?
Yes. (Not a one word post.)
Helios
Butter Pecan

We of the official podcast once debated whether Jesse breathed helium because his voice is so high. He finally told us it isn't that high. (but he was blowing up balloons that flew away!) O.o

Jesse acts? I didn't even notice! *snickers*

They could get Anya and that other girl (the one with glasses) to be the new hosts...er...hostesses. That'd be fresh blood in a stagnant...oh great, I'm sounding like Valerie here. But seriously, if you're tired of the old hosts, Anya and that other girl (is it Annelise?) are a perfect fit. ;)
Wakko
Pistachio

Helios wrote:We of the official podcast once debated whether Jesse breathed helium because his voice is so high. He finally told us it isn't that high. (but he was blowing up balloons that flew away!) O.o

Jesse acts? I didn't even notice! *snickers*

They could get Anya and that other girl (the one with glasses) to be the new hosts...er...hostesses. That'd be fresh blood in a stagnant...oh great, I'm sounding like Valerie here. But seriously, if you're tired of the old hosts, Anya and that other girl (is it Annelise?) are a perfect fit. ;)
Start a petition! Anya and Annelise for podcast hosts!! :lol:
Helios
Butter Pecan

I likey the sound of that, Bobby! We should collect signatures and email them in (or better yet, send it to someone living in Colorado and have them deliver it personally) :D
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

I am THE BIGGEST fan of the Official Podcast. I used to listen to it all the time, until my mom limited my AIO time.
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!