Candid KOnversations with Josh and Ally!

Some people like to talk, and for some, the topic of choice is obvious: AIO! This is the place to discuss the podcasts.
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Candid KOnversations with Josh and Ally!

Hey guys!

Me and my sister are producing a new podcast, a faux spinoff of Candid Conversations with Connie, called Candid KOnversations with Josh and Ally! Here's a short description:
When Mr. Ralph Adams, station manager at Odyssey 105, hears Candid Conversations with Connie, he convinces Mr. Whittaker to give him the rights to start a national spinoff on internet radio, as long as he finds the right hosts that know their Odyssey. Introducing...Josh and Ally!

Candid KOnversations with Josh and Ally is an engaging, engrossing conversational podcast who bring on fascinating guests and talk candidly with them on a variety of topics. As well, the opening and closing segments are hosted by Josh and Ally's stuffed animal friends, Puppy and Woofy, who provide a "Chris"-like role to the show, and feature a story element that aims to teach listeners important truths, in the same spirit as AIO.

Puppy Norman is a 9-year-old media mogul. He is arguably the most popular stuffed animal on the face of the earth, rivaling Elmo and the Beatles. While self-centered, rich, blunt, and occasionally bratty, he's also funny, sweet, and smart. Woofy Doggy is a 11-year-old puppy media mogul, and co-owner of the Puppy and Woofy Company, as well as being Puppy's best friend. Woofy is the best counterpart to Puppy's character. He's old-fashioned, slow, formal, and kind, much like the animal version of Tom Riley.

Candid KOnversations would be a non-profit podcast created and produced by Ko Media inspired by Focus on the Family's popular radio drama Adventures in Odyssey. It combines the bro-sis, friend-sis relationship of The AIO Blogcast, Abby and Mandie, and The Boredom Buster; the storytelling and humor of The Ceiling Fan and The WodFamOdPod; the analysis of JAAIOP, the Whit's End Blog, and the Unofficial Podcast; and the conversational conversations of Connie! During these segments, the Kos will also engage in adventures that translate over to the interviews, creating a story element to the podcast. Combining all the great elements of a fun AIO podcast, from interviews to outrageous, hilarious stories, to human, realistic characters, to important life lessons, Candid KOnversations is a podcast you're not gonna wanna miss!
We're released the first of two promos (the second featuring a somewhat mysterious AIO actor if you haven't seen our blog) on YouTube and would to love what you think as we get ready to release the first episode on December 30! You can see the first promo here:

http://youtu.be/I0hYPkRKFNo
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Hey, this looks pretty cool! Look forward to hearing it! :D ;)
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

This is amazing, guys! If it's at the level your blog is, this will be fantasmoragical! Please, though, try and put the episodes on iTunes, because that's about the only way I can listen to them.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Really TOJ? That's really sad..... :(
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

This is very exciting... oh wait, You Tube? Oh dear. My parents have that blocked. Yet another AIO-cast I can't listen to. Arrgh, and you guys are my favorite. Oh well, congratulations anyways. Just letting you know I won't be listening to this, but I'm sure I'd love it... Sorry.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

This intrigues me... I will be a loyal listener, most likely.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

We're putting the podcast on iTunes and the blog, so you're good, PF and TOJ! We just have video promos on YouTube, but the actual podcasts won't be. Thanks guys! I'm finishing up our second promo and pilot episode!

I'm definitely gonna try and use the word "fantasmoragical" in a sentence today.
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Awesome!!! Thanks for putting it up on iTunes. When do you think the pilot will be out?

(And yes, fantasmoragical. If I remember correctly, it's from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

when will your first one be out?
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

The goal is for Monday or Tuesday, and I'll release the promo for the next five episodes after that - which was really fun to make!

But TOJ, I'm trying to create our promotional image for iTunes, but I can only use Illustrator/Photoshop at school 'cause I don't have it, so it won't be on iTunes probably till the end of the week.

Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

PUPPY AND WOOFY ROCK!
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Can't wait! Oh, and what is the URL for your blog? I am so dumb... sorry :oops:
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Nah, nahhh. People ask me! It's on my signature. Happy new year!

Recording for the pilot is abou halfway complete and sound design/music is in the beginning stages. We'll push hard for Tuesday but be prepared to wait till later in the week, unless we suddenly gain extra hours during the day in the new year.

-- Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:55 pm --

Promo #2 is up on YouTube! Just to clear it up, the podcast will NOT be on YouTube; I just like making video promos. The plan now is to premiere the pilot 1/7 on the blog and on iTunes, but here's something to watch while you wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb-id2-KehE

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

That. Was. Amazing.
I listened a few days ago. Thanks so much for doing that. I laughed a great deal, and grew to like the characters very quickly. The plot you got going with that quick drama toward the end is hilarious... I won't give it away, but the idea of it...! So original. I just cracked up during that, and at many points. And it was technically well put together. A marvelous work, and I hope we can look forward to more.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Thanks much PF!

If you're interested in listening and haven't yet, the pilot episode is available forreals now and coming to iTunes sometime soon - check it out!

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com ... -goes.html

-- Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:13 pm --

The Yak With Zach: Shepherd Ambassador

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com ... l?spref=tw

whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been on as much lately - college apps have been taking up a lot of time. But I wanted to let you guys know that Ally and I are working on our first Christmas special for Candid KOnversations with Josh and Ally and we're planning an episode that spoofs Medical Center of Love, the very popular Odyssey soap opera from Soaplessly Devoted and interviews Odyssey fans to hear their opinions on the Odyssey Adventure Club. All with Christmasy goodness!

Anyways, if you're interested in being a part of it, and I hope as many of you guys can, let me know on this thread or PM me!

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Oh. Em. Gee. By Emily, what can I do!? This is the best thing since ceiling fans! It would be an honor to work with you two. (Understand, until you tell me just what I'd be doing, I can't commit of course.)
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

If it can be in text form, not just voice/video, I'd love to be apart of it.
I <3 Wooton
Caramel Crunch

Oh Yes Yes Yes Yes YES!
Raggedy Man I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!