What kind of clothes do you wear to church?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.

What type of clothes do you typically wear?

Formal
25%
Casual
24%
Moderate (somewhere in between)
42%
Other (please specify)
9%

Total votes: 67

Oliver
Cookies & Creme

Ok I'm going to say what i wear for real: I wear skinny jeans with a T-shirt,sleevles shirt,or a semi nice shirt with boots or my fake convers
LOTR IS AWESOME
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

I don't have many skirts, but I wear usually a gray skirt (not for any particular reason...just because I have it) and a nice shirt, with either dress shoes, my nice flats, or my good boots. A lot of the time, I wear an every day shirt that just looks nice! I'd wear a dress sometimes, but I only have one.
I wear the same for Wednesday night prayer meeting. Mostly it's the same for everyone else.
UNCLEBITTLES
Vanilla

Skinnys and whatever tee I wanna wear, and a hoodie.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Usually short shorts and a bikini.
Wow, crazy... that's what I wear.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Floral Filly
Caramel Crunch

Like Star said, our church is formal or casual. I'm a casual chic. I don't like dresses, or skirts, PERIOD. I usually wear a nice T-shirt, and skinny, or boot cut jeans, (in winter) and boots, or my wheelies. :) I actually mostly wear my wheelies! We haven't been at this church in summer, but I'll probably wear the same, except shorts and short sleeves! LOL! And, I would NEVER wear muddy boots. EVER. It's either nice boots, or tennis shoes. (or wheelies if u happen to have some!)
Love God, and Love Horses. ~My motto
Shtakji
Cookies & Creme
Location: On a 3-dimensional blue, green and white sphere suspended in outer space

I wear either dressy or casual.Usually dressy on Sunday morning, and more casual Sunday night.And on Thursday night it really depends on what mood I'm in , but usually casual. It's often a dress with a jean jacket over it and boots. Or a skirt with layered undershirts and a blazer or something :lol: like I said, depends on what mood I'm in
"A battle can be considered lost only when you cease to fight."~Shtakji
Jimmy Barclay
Caramel Crunch

Wow this topic seems to be dominated by the female sector, save Garrett's bikini of course. Umm for me I usually wear dress pants and a nice button up shirt on Sun. morning. On Sun. night's and various church functions I'll wear Boot cut jeans with a cowboy style button up shirt(I love dressing western). I rarely wear t shirts, I could if I wanted to, but I think cool button up shirts are awesome. Dressing stylishly is kind of a hobby of mine, no this does not mean I wear suits and tuxes around, lol. I like wearing stuff like jeans and cowboy shirts, but still looking refined and stylish.

P.S I'm going to post a Q/A/about me thread, in the Gallery, so I'll post some pics of my wardrobe. :D
Last edited by Jimmy Barclay on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy Barclay: Faithful companion of Drama Queen, aka Renae.

"And besides, it's salmon patty and broccoli night.......yulghth"
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

This might be awkward...but I like how guys look in button ups too!

Can't wait to see your topic! :D
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I usually wear a skirt and a solid shirt. However, if I'm in nursery, I'll wear navy jeans and and a fancy blouse. I believe it's a good idea to wear something nice to church, to show respect for the One we're worshipping, but if we start to add rules for dress or start judging people by what they wear, we aren't showing the love and acceptance of Jesus Christ. I go to a Presbyterian church that is pretty laid back, but most generally wear something nicer than everyday clothes. For instance, most of my friends wear skirts most of the time, but two of my friends will occasionally wear sports shorts and tshirts. My pastor does wear formal black robes, but that's to keep people focused on the service rather than on his clothes. This is just me, though, and I hope I haven't offended anyone.
Ryliebug
Vanilla

Casual pants and a tee :mrgreen:
I'm a happy person!
arwen
Caramel Crunch

I wear a paper sack and boxes for shoes.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Boxer shorts, a tank top and long socks with flip flops...
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Oliver
Cookies & Creme

arwen wrote:I wear a paper sack and boxes for shoes.
guys you should all wear what Ar wears she looks AWESOME!!!
LOTR IS AWESOME
Sage
Caramel Crunch

I wear formal clothes to church. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with being casual. However the members in our church dress up a lot, and I'd feel disrespectful or something...in their eyes. But in God's eyes, I don't think he's taking note on my shoes or the brand of my dress.
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Sage wrote:I wear formal clothes to church. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with being casual. However the members in our church dress up a lot, and I'd feel disrespectful or something...in their eyes. But in God's eyes, I don't think he's taking note on my shoes or the brand of my dress.
I agree. I dress pretty casual. In fact, the majority of my shirts are band shirts, and a lot of them *cough* have skulls. :P But no one at my church has complained to me so far... :D
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Leetastic
Vanilla

Jeans. Whatever shirt. Doesn't matter to me; if I'm not going to dress all fancy for my daily communion with the Lord, why should I change that just to please other people? :P
"You cannot erase God with an edict!"
Oliver
Cookies & Creme

so, Metal, are you like emo? cause the way you dress sounds like it...
LOTR IS AWESOME
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I personally wear something a little more dressy. My Mom and Dad(I love to wear em' anyway) prefer dresses and skirts, but I can wear jeans if i have a nice shirt with it =D
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

I sang with le sisters in church today :mrgreen: Here is a photo...this is basically how people dress in my congregation and this is how I feel most comfortable when going to church.

Beige dress. Pink belt. Me.
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Oliver
Cookies & Creme

Renae wrote:I sang with le sisters in church today :mrgreen: Here is a photo...this is basically how people dress in my congregation and this is how I feel most comfortable when going to church.

Beige dress. Pink belt. Me.
I thought you couldn't show your ankles, Renae.
LOTR IS AWESOME