Memorization

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Kaida wrote:When I was younger, there were these videos by Steve Green that I used to watch. He would take a verse like, "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones." and then stick them in a catchy song. I just watched a few of them and so many memories came back. I remember that when I was scared, greedy or I was complaining, my mind would go to those songs and they'd help.
Oh, I LOVED those tapes! they were so fun!
I also do AWANA, and to memorize, I type up my verses (which is also a good way to memorize)
and stick them on the mirror above the bathroom sink. Then i read them while/whenever I wash my hands, brush my teeth, etc. (My "verse paper" often has to compete with my siblings' papers also taped above the sink! And don't ask what it sounds like to quote verses whilst brushing one's teeth...)
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates