Popularity..

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Popularity..

What do you think? For me I think it's messed up. The Popular kids are Mean,Bullies,Un Christian, bla bla.
I say what in the world is are world gone too. Why aren't the Nice,Christians the ones who are popular? Look at a child with Special Needs and Autism they are picked on every day for something or other. I know I have a friend who has this problem. I would rather have the Love of Jesus instead of popularity some people give up Jesus. WHY? It's sad.
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

Popularity can definitely be bad, but you can also use it to influence others to do the thing that god wants them to do!!!!!
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

I guess the reason the bad kids are popular is because they along with the crowd... its sad. some are popular cause they are pretty or handsome...
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Umm, most people aren't Christian, after all. So it makes sense most popular people aren't Christian. And of course they're good looking. That's one of the biggies with getting people to like you. It's annoying, and somewhat unfair, but true. And, hey, most people are fairly attractive. Just work with what you have, and you can shine. People like to moan "Oh, man, those good looking people. Humph. What lucky jerks." But people don't just snap their fingers and look nice.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Well, in most social setting I'm pretty popular.... And I like to think I'm a pretty solid Christian.
It's just public school with all the adolescent kids trying to figure out who they are and how they fit in to the world.

It's unlikely that an ideal social system will ever exist within public school, mainly because the majority of the people in it aren't Christians (as Pound Foolish said), but also because most of the people in those social setting are just too immature to know any better. They deem things "popular" and "cool" by mutual consensus and corrupted worldviews as a result of a sin nature.

In short, things will never be as they should until Jesus comes back.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

AMEN!! Popularity can be used in good ways at youth groups, and at public schools to influence people around you though, so if you have the opportunity to sway the crowd towards the better, go for it!!
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Aaron Wiley wrote:Well, in most social setting I'm pretty popular.... And I like to think I'm a pretty solid Christian.
It's just public school with all the adolescent kids trying to figure out who they are and how they fit in to the world.

It's unlikely that an ideal social system will ever exist within public school, mainly because the majority of the people in it aren't Christians (as Pound Foolish said), but also because most of the people in those social setting are just too immature to know any better. They deem things "popular" and "cool" by mutual consensus and corrupted worldviews as a result of a sin nature.

In short, things will never be as they should until Jesus comes back.
AMEN! Wow.
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

I don't think popularity itself is bad. No matter what there will always be some sort of popularity since we are in a fallen world. At school, in college, in careers, even in church. I think there are some people that naturally make others feel comfortable, or someone that someone is naturally attracted to.

What I think is bad about popularity is when the popular person gets put on a pedestal or when they are causing people to stumble and sin.

Popularity can also be good, if the person isn't exclusive or mean. But someone that is cool and gracious and nice can be just as popular as someone who is mean and fashionable. You can be a good role model just like you can be a bad one. It's just a whole lot harder to be a good popular than a bad popular.

(yes, topic bumping. Trying to add life and conversation back to SS)
Odyssey Fan Wiley