Revelation

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

Revelation

What do you guys believe about the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation? Rapture, or no rapture? Who's the anti-Christ? When will the millennium happen? I won't post my beliefs because this is one of the big teachings of my church and I've heard that people don't like long posts, so unless someone asks, I'm not going to post my beliefs.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

sheltiez wrote:What do you guys believe about the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation? Rapture, or no rapture? Who's the anti-Christ? When will the millennium happen? I won't post my beliefs because this is one of the big teachings of my church and I've heard that people don't like long posts, so unless someone asks, I'm not going to post my beliefs.
I believe there will be a rapture... and no one knows when the things are going to happen.. and i would be interested in hearing your beliefs long post or not...
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

There is gonna be a rapture! It clearly states it!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Please post your beliefs! There are a lot of people who put up with my posts, so I don't think one more could hurt.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

All right, if you want me too. As a Seventh-day Adventist, the very foundation of my beliefs has to do with end times. First off, I do not believe in the Rapture. I know that everyone is going to point me to Matthew 24:40. Let me explain. The Bible makes it abundantly plain that Jesus' coming is not a secret event (Rev. 1:7, Ps. 50:3, 1 Thess. 4:16-17; Matt. 24:27). When the Bible speaks of those being left, it does not say they will be left alive on earth. The extended passage in Luke 17:26-37 describes the event in detail. In Noah's day there were two classes, "one taken (saved), one left (destroyed by the flood)"(verse 27). In Lot's day there were two classes, (one taken out of the city and saved, one left in the city and consumed by fire). It will be similar when Jesus comes (Luke 17:30-37). One class will be taken to heaven with Jesus and the other class will be destroyed. In Luke 17:37, the question is asked, "Where, Lord? Where are these people left." Rev. 19:11-18 clarifies the point that the wicked are destroyed when Jesus comes, (see also 2 Thess. 1:7-9, 2:8). The other verse people try to use to prove the rapture is 1 Thessalonians 5:2 that says Jesus will come as a thief in the night. Each Bible reference to Jesus coming as a thief is in reference to the unexpected time of Jesus' coming, not the manner of the coming. The Bible makes it clear that the Second Coming is as lighting with triumphant glory. (see Matt. 24:42-44, 1 Thess. 5:1-5, Matt. 24:27.)
I'll just say that for now. I could go on and on with the beasts and the anti-Christ and 2,300 days, but I'll say more in another post.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

sheltiez wrote:All right, if you want me too. As a Seventh-day Adventist, the very foundation of my beliefs has to do with end times. First off, I do not believe in the Rapture. I know that everyone is going to point me to Matthew 24:40. Let me explain. The Bible makes it abundantly plain that Jesus' coming is not a secret event (Rev. 1:7, Ps. 50:3, 1 Thess. 4:16-17; Matt. 24:27). When the Bible speaks of those being left, it does not say they will be left alive on earth. The extended passage in Luke 17:26-37 describes the event in detail. In Noah's day there were two classes, "one taken (saved), one left (destroyed by the flood)"(verse 27). In Lot's day there were two classes, (one taken out of the city and saved, one left in the city and consumed by fire). It will be similar when Jesus comes (Luke 17:30-37). One class will be taken to heaven with Jesus and the other class will be destroyed. In Luke 17:37, the question is asked, "Where, Lord? Where are these people left." Rev. 19:11-18 clarifies the point that the wicked are destroyed when Jesus comes, (see also 2 Thess. 1:7-9, 2:8). The other verse people try to use to prove the rapture is 1 Thessalonians 5:2 that says Jesus will come as a thief in the night. Each Bible reference to Jesus coming as a thief is in reference to the unexpected time of Jesus' coming, not the manner of the coming. The Bible makes it clear that the Second Coming is as lighting with triumphant glory. (see Matt. 24:42-44, 1 Thess. 5:1-5, Matt. 24:27.)
I'll just say that for now. I could go on and on with the beasts and the anti-Christ and 2,300 days, but I'll say more in another post.

Interesting.... Do u believe in the ant-christ? I
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

HannahJ. wrote:There is gonna be a rapture! It clearly states it!
I believe that too ...
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

I do, but I believe in it as a system, not a person.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

sheltiez wrote:I do, but I believe in it as a system, not a person.
No Offense but that sounds weird..
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

I know it does and I would explain it, but the mods probably would not like who I think the anti-Christ is.
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

What do you guys think of the mark of the beast? My other question is what do you think the 2300 days are?
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

sheltiez wrote:I know it does and I would explain it, but the mods probably would not like who I think the anti-Christ is.
Why wouldnt we may I ask? I don't want to sound rude but your theories don't click with me…
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

SO u beleive its a System and not a person... okay...
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

I believe that the anti-Christ is the Roman Catholic church. I know many Catholics and they are good people. It is not the people that are the anti-Christ, but the system. In there teachings, the Pope replaces Jesus in the sense that his word is above the Bible, God's Word. I did not want to post this because it might be considered intolerance on a denomination by the mods. Please realize that I do not hate Catholics, simply there teachings. The Catholic Church is the only thing that meets the seven requirements to be the anti-Christ.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Wow. I never thought about that before. I don't believe in Catholic teachings either. But I'm not sure there the anti Christ.. Wanna know what's cool? In my sunday school class we were talking about.. I can't rember his name bit him an Elijah were the only 2 men who didn't die but were brought to heaven. And in the Bible it says they'll be 2 martyrs that will preach then die. We got thinking that possibly they could be the same people.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

sheltiez wrote:I believe that the anti-Christ is the Roman Catholic church. I know many Catholics and they are good people. It is not the people that are the anti-Christ, but the system. In there teachings, the Pope replaces Jesus in the sense that his word is above the Bible, God's Word. I did not want to post this because it might be considered intolerance on a denomination by the mods. Please realize that I do not hate Catholics, simply there teachings. The Catholic Church is the only thing that meets the seven requirements to be the anti-Christ.
interesting... I'm Methodist.. do u think Methodists have a weird teaching? Im not trying to sound rude just curiosity but like Hannah I beleiebe there is anti-Christ
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

Adventism has its roots in Methodism, so many things are similar between our denominations. Only two things that I disagree with when it comes to Methodist teachings: Sunday sacredness and the immortality of the soul. I don't think that they are weird because almost every denomination believes and teaches those things. Other than that, I agree with Methodism. I still am curious as to what other Christians think of the 2300 days in Daniel 8:14.
By the way, HannahJ, my school (which is run by Baptists) teaches that same thing about the two witnesses. It is a popular idea. No offense, but I don't believe that because of some other verses. I believe that they are the Old and New Testaments. If you want to know why I'll post about it.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

sheltiez wrote:Adventism has its roots in Methodism, so many things are similar between our denominations. Only two things that I disagree with when it comes to Methodist teachings: Sunday sacredness and the immortality of the soul. I don't think that they are weird because almost every denomination believes and teaches those things. Other than that, I agree with Methodism. I still am curious as to what other Christians think of the 2300 days in Daniel 8:14.
By the way, HannahJ, my school (which is run by Baptists) teaches that same thing about the two witnesses. It is a popular idea. No offense, but I don't believe that because of some other verses. I believe that they are the Old and New Testaments. If you want to know why I'll post about it.
cool! I didnt know that!

I would put what i believed about the 2300 days but i havent really thought about it
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

The other person was Enoch. He is one of the first people I would try to greet after Jesus comes back. Your theory about the Roman Catholic Church is interesting, but I don't think it's true. Thank you for sharing your opinion though.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

So sheltiez do you believe in Revelation at all? You don't believe in the 2 messengers either?
What do you think about Pentecostals?