Revelation

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

I believe in Revelation very much! I do believe in the two messengers just not like you do. With the two witnesses, I believe that they represent the Old and New Testaments. Here's why. In John 5:39, Jesus identified the Scriptures as, "these are they which testify (witness) of me."
In Matt. 24:14, Jesus said the gospel would be preached to the world as "a witness to all nations."
In that verse in Revelation that talks of the two witnesses, it says that they are the two olive trees and two lamp stands. In biblical times, olive oil was used to light lamps. Psalm 119:105 states, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:130 says, "The entrance (understanding) of Your word gives light."
The two witnesses are called olive trees and lamps because The Old and New Testaments are our main sources of spiritual light.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

sheltiez wrote:I believe in Revelation very much! I do believe in the two messengers just not like you do. With the two witnesses, I believe that they represent the Old and New Testaments. Here's why. In John 5:39, Jesus identified the Scriptures as, "these are they which testify (witness) of me."
In Matt. 24:14, Jesus said the gospel would be preached to the world as "a witness to all nations."
In that verse in Revelation that talks of the two witnesses, it says that they are the two olive trees and two lamp stands. In biblical times, olive oil was used to light lamps. Psalm 119:105 states, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:130 says, "The entrance (understanding) of Your word gives light."
The two witnesses are called olive trees and lamps because The Old and New Testaments are our main sources of spiritual light.
Interesting. Sounds Different. Can you answer my other question?
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Maybe you should make your Denomination a Q&A like Pentecostal Q&A..
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

I do not know any Pentecostals personally, so I have never seen them in person, nor have I seen speaking in tongues or prophecies in person. So, I cannot make a definite conclusion about you guys. From what I have heard and read, I believe that Pentecostals are (no offense, just by beliefs from what I know of your beliefs) confused Christians. We both agree on these things: The Bible as the only rule of faith and practice, Salvation through the blood of Jesus, The fact of Jesus' soon return, Baptism by immersion, The Lord's Supper and foot washing, the virgin birth, and that the gifts of the Spirit will be manifest in the church today including the Biblical gift of prophecy. Here's where we disagree: you believe the secret rapture, immortality of the soul, once saved always saved, Sunday sacredness, speaking in tongues as the sign of the Holy Spirit. So, as you can see, we hold a lot in common, and there are a lot of differences too. I believe that Pentecostals are Christians, just I cannot believe in the fanaticism.
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

I think since this has become like a SDA Q & A I should start a thread for it so this can be for discussing end times.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

sheltiez wrote:I do not know any Pentecostals personally, so I have never seen them in person, nor have I seen speaking in tongues or prophecies in person. So, I cannot make a definite conclusion about you guys. From what I have heard and read, I believe that Pentecostals are (no offense, just by beliefs from what I know of your beliefs) confused Christians. We both agree on these things: The Bible as the only rule of faith and practice, Salvation through the blood of Jesus, The fact of Jesus' soon return, Baptism by immersion, The Lord's Supper and foot washing, the virgin birth, and that the gifts of the Spirit will be manifest in the church today including the Biblical gift of prophecy. Here's where we disagree: you believe the secret rapture, immortality of the soul, once saved always saved, Sunday sacredness, speaking in tongues as the sign of the Holy Spirit. So, as you can see, we hold a lot in common, and there are a lot of differences too. I believe that Pentecostals are Christians, just I cannot believe in the fanaticism.
You've never seen a Pentecostal in person :shock: or seen people speak in tongues :shock:.. What's Sunday Sacredness?
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

Sunday Sacredness is the belief that since Jesus rose on Sunday, all Christians should worship on that day.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

sheltiez wrote:Sunday Sacredness is the belief that since Jesus rose on Sunday, all Christians should worship on that day.
We also have Church on Saturday night. It's 20 minutes from the main church but same church.
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

I myself take from the bible. I believe in what the bible says, and if it says that there's going to be a rapture, then there will be. That's thing. Many branches and denominations except parts of the bible, and add there own beliefs. That's wrong.

What are you thoughts?
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

I agree wholeheartedly with you C-guy. Every belief of a Christian's should come from the Bible. I think it is clear that it says there will not be a rapture, therefore I do not believe in the rapture. I think a Christian should think about there beliefs and compare them with the Bible. Keep the ones that line up with it and get rid of the ones that don't.
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

sheltiez wrote:I agree wholeheartedly with you C-guy. Every belief of a Christian's should come from the Bible. I think it is clear that it says there will not be a rapture, therefore I do not believe in the rapture. I think a Christian should think about there beliefs and compare them with the Bible. Keep the ones that line up with it and get rid of the ones that don't.
Exactly...

Emily's Okay...
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

C-guy wrote:I myself take from the bible. I believe in what the bible says, and if it says that there's going to be a rapture, then there will be. That's thing. Many branches and denominations except parts of the bible, and add there own beliefs. That's wrong.

What are you thoughts?

Do u guys believe that woman are allowed to cut their hair or wear pants or that men can have long hair? or do u not agree with it?
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
C-guy
Fudge Marble

gabbygirl17 wrote:
C-guy wrote:I myself take from the bible. I believe in what the bible says, and if it says that there's going to be a rapture, then there will be. That's thing. Many branches and denominations except parts of the bible, and add there own beliefs. That's wrong.

What are you thoughts?

Do u guys believe that woman are allowed to cut their hair or wear pants or that men can have long hair? or do u not agree with it?
Honestly, I'd rather see a girl wear pants than short shorts.
And yes, women can cut their hair. What's wrong with that?

Emily's Okay...