What Denomination Are You?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.

Baptist
24%
Methodist
8%
Pentecostal
8%
Lutheran
No votes
Catholic
10%
Nazarene
No votes
Non-Denominational
29%
Seventh-Day Adventist
4%
Other
16%

Total votes: 49

The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I'm sorry I took the first one off and that if you had it before you'll have to post it again. I just thought it would be easier to start anew than revive a dead topic. And this time there's a poll!

Well, I am an Independent Fundamental Premillenial Baptist. We believe that Jesus died on the Cross for our sins, that he hasn't come back yet, but he will return,(Thus the premillenial part.), that the Bible is the sole "holy book", and that its contents are God-breathed, and our two ordinances are baptism and the Lord's Supper. (Only after you are saved!)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

As you know I'm Pentecostal. And you can go to Pentecostal Q&A to learn more!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I am just a conservative, born-again Christian who reads the bible thoroughly and does whatever God requires of me. I attend a (very liberal) Mennonite church that believes woman should dress modestly and cover their hair when they pray and/or prophesy. I also believe that Christ came down and died on the cross for our sins and that some day He will come back for us. Hallelujah! Anything else-- just ask me:)
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

I'm a Bible Methodist
Last edited by gabbygirl17 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

gabbygirl17 wrote:I'm Methodist
My dad's family was Methodist in his growing up years.:)
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

I'm Pentecostal, and have grown up in a Pentecostal church. I believe in Jesus, and that he died on the cross for our sins, and is going to come back someday.
I also believe in The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

suzylou wrote:
gabbygirl17 wrote:I'm Methodist
My dad's family was Methodist in his growing up years.:)

cool!
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

JoyfulG wrote:I'm Pentecostal, and have grown up in a Pentecostal church. I believe in Jesus, and that he died on the cross for our sins, and is going to come back someday.
I also believe in The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Cool! It's nice to know there are more Pentecostals! You can join in answering questions in the Pentecostal Q&A! It'll be cool hearing from a pentecostal that believes in the trinity.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I am Methodist, though I've noticed there's not a huge difference between denominations.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

CreativeThinker101 wrote:I am Methodist, though I've noticed there's not a huge difference between denominations.
Really? I think it's like that with some denominations but for some denominations there's a big difference. I think that churches have the same believes way down in History but have broken up and gotten there own believes!
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

I'm Seventh-day Adventist. HannahJ, you are right about denominations all coming from a common source and breaking off from each other. My church was made from Methodists and Baptists. We believe like other Christians (Trinity, Bible, etc.) except that we believe in the Fourth Commandment as still in place and we believe differently about Revelation.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

suzylou wrote:I am just a conservative, born-again Christian who reads the bible thoroughly and does whatever God requires of me. I attend a (very liberal) Mennonite church that believes woman should dress modestly and cover their hair when they pray and/or prophesy. I also believe that Christ came down and died on the cross for our sins and that some day He will come back for us. Hallelujah! Anything else-- just ask me:)
Sorry that this is so old but do you have a specific way you dress? I know most Mennonite churches wear long dresses that are simple patterns. And cover there hair ALL the time. Why do you cover your head? I've never heard of that before.
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

Suzylou, I just noticed that you are a Mennonite. My great-grandmother and all of her family were (and are) Mennonites. Last year when I researched my genealogy for a school project, I found out that I am a direct descendant of the first Mennonites to come to America.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

sheltiez wrote:Suzylou, I just noticed that you are a Mennonite. My great-grandmother and all of her family were (and are) Mennonites. Last year when I researched my genealogy for a school project, I found out that I am a direct descendant of the first Mennonites to come to America.
Wow! That's really interesting! So is there anyone in your family that are still Mennonite?
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

Probably, but I do not know for sure. My great-grandmother died in 1979, so I never knew her. I have never met any family from that side either. She became a Seventh-day Adventist later on in life (talk about a change!). My grandpa never talks about her family, so I only know what I found on the internet.
AIOluver36
Chocolate Chip

I attend a baptist church but I am also a Christian..... I believe with all my heart that Jesus died for me and loves me. Whatever the Bible says I believe, some people say that not all of the Bible is true but it's God's word to us........ "For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes......" - Romans 1:16
"Never Be Afraid To Trust An Unknown Future To A Known God" ~ Corrie Ten Boom
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Quick question: What do you mean by, 'I am Baptist, but I am also Christian'. I am a Baptist and 100% percent for sure of my salvation.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

That's terrific, AIOluver! I'm learning to love your in depth posts on non-AIO subjects... although I wish you'd extend that in depth-ness to the AIO topics. ;)
suzylou wrote:I am just a conservative, born-again Christian who reads the bible thoroughly and does whatever God requires of me.:)
Suzy, are you trying to say that, though you belong to a certain church, you're basically open to whatever God wants you to believe, and am not afraid to differ from that group in your beliefs? Or what? Anyways, interesting about the covering hair when prophesying thing. Do people prophecy often where you come from? ;) Seriously though, your denomination sounds terrific!
I am a Catholic. Catholics are, at least according to pretty much all statistics, the largest church in the world, consisting of approximately one billion. It's pretty well known what the basics of our belief are, so unless someone happens not to know, it's needless go over all that. Of course, if any one has any questions (or accusations of cannibalism ;) ) I'd be happy to reply! Suffice to say, it's very fun, I meet toooooons of people with the exact same beliefs as me, since it's such a large religious organization, and I love it and am so proud of it!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
AIOluver36
Chocolate Chip

I am also 100% percent sure of my salvation as well..... but sometimes people say that they go to this church or that church but they are not really Christians...... just telling everyone that I am a Christian....... hope I haven't offended anyone in any way!
"Never Be Afraid To Trust An Unknown Future To A Known God" ~ Corrie Ten Boom
Whittifer
Raspberry Ripple

I am a baptist. I'm saved and I'm sure of it. ;)
Nothing.