What Denomination Are You?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.

What Denomination Are You?

Baptist
24%
Methodist
8%
Pentecostal
8%
Lutheran
No votes
Catholic
10%
Nazarene
No votes
Non-Denominational
29%
Seventh-Day Adventist
4%
Other
16%

Total votes: 49

HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Whittifer wrote:I am a baptist. I'm saved and I'm sure of it. ;)
That's good that your sure. It's nice to be sure that were saved. I'm sure I'm saved too. I'm know with all my heart that I'm going to Heaven!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Cute thought. How convenient for you, Hannah. ;) I realize MANY people think the same way you do. Most Protestants, in fact, I believe. Please allow me to say though, people in general having the ability to know beforehand one is going to Heaven is debatable.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Pound Foolish wrote:Cute thought. How convenient for you, Hannah. ;) I realize MANY people think the same way you do. Most Protestants, in fact, I believe. Please allow me to say though, people in general having the ability to know beforehand one is going to Heaven is debatable.
Yes I would agree but I know I've done what I can so I pray I go to Heaven.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Aah, PRAY you'll go to Heaven. Very different! That, naturally, is admirable. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Pound Foolish wrote:Aah, PRAY you'll go to Heaven. Very different! That, naturally, is admirable. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
I don't think you understand. I'm sure I'm going to Heaven cause I'm Born Again, I love him with my heart,etc.. I have peace that I'm going I praise Jesus for letting me in his Family. That kind of thing. He's filled me with his spirit and I know it.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Yes, you're born again and are in God's family, and that's just terrific. But what does that have to do with definitely going to Heaven? You can just as easily break off from the plan God made for you as you accepted it, after all.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Pound Foolish wrote:Yes, you're born again and are in God's family, and that's just terrific. But what does that have to do with definitely going to Heaven? You can just as easily break off from the plan God made for you as you accepted it, after all.
I pray I won't do that. I don't want to do that. I have a sibling that broke off. It ruins lives.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Completely true, and yes, I'm I read about your brother in the prayer request section and am praying for him. That's indeed terrible. I was only saying such things are not impossible and happen, not they're ever a good idea.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Pound Foolish wrote:Completely true, and yes, I'm I read about your brother in the prayer request section and am praying for him. That's indeed terrible. I was only saying it's such things are not impossible and happen, not they're ever a good idea.
Amen to that. And thank you.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

I go to an Independent Baptist Church, and I am a born-again Christian. I believe that the Bible is the supreme standard that all human conduct, creed, and opinion shall be tried. I believe in the Trinity, that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, equal with God the Father, and God the Son. I believe that in order to be saved, one must (a) believe that he is a sinner (b) believe that Jesus died on the cross, and rose from the dead, thus saving a person from eternal punishment and (c) fully surrender his heart to Christ. Also, after a person is saved, he then may: participate in communion and be baptized. And, once a person is saved, he CANNOT lose his salvation. I could go on, but I think I will stop there for now.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

So interesting to see everyone's beliefs. So far in the pole the Baptists are the majority which is a surprise to me. I thought it would be the Pentecostals.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well, this is a very narrow range of people, after all. If the poll was of a significant amount of individuals, who knows who'd be on top.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

I'm Pentecostal, and I go to an A G church. Does anyone else go to Assembly of God Church?
brittany k
Peanut Butter Cup

i'm pentecostal! i believe in one God! we have the holy Ghost! we dont cut hair, we dont watch tv, we dont wear make up or jewelry we only wear dresses & skirts! iv'e been pentecostal my whole life!!!!!:) i'm not ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
I'm a crazy gal! :)
I love life! :)
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

I am a Mennonite and our church has decided to waer ankle length dresses and the head covering. The only time you would catch me without my covering is at night. We have 18 articles of Faith and study them in preparaition for baptism.
Last edited by dolphinlovr4ever on Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

I'm non-denominational. =]
^^ Props to Belle ^^
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I'm Presbyterian, but I'm not sure how that differs from other Protestant denominations.
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

I am Messianic / baptist / non-denominational.
Its a long story, don't ask. I do not like the fact that the church is split amongst itself, I like to think of all of us as "christ followers" or "believers".

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

NateVONgreat wrote:I am Messianic / baptist / non-denominational.
Its a long story, don't ask. I do not like the fact that the church is split amongst itself, I like to think of all of us as "christ followers" or "believers".
That is agood way to put all denominations simply "Christfollowers"
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I'm Brethren... and the only one here, apparently xD Our Church website is www.braidwoodbiblechapel.ca is you're interested :) And the site got a sweet new update too! Which I've been bugging an elder about for the past five years xD