Pentecostal Q&A!

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

I have no Idea who Nicene Creed is.

But we take Communion once a month

and we have open communion, we just ask that you know Jesus Christ, and you have allowed him to come into your heart.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

The Nicene Creed is not a person but a document http://www.antiochian.org/674

Could a Catholic or a Mormon take communion at your church?

What are some of the key doctrines you believe are non-negotiable?

What does your average Sunday service look like?

Do you have any interaction with other churches in your area?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Smile Awhile
Cookies & Creme

Any more Q's so we can post some more A's?
What do you want here? You can move along to the next post now; nothing fun here in my signature.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Nope, just answer the seven Q's I already asked then maybe I'll have some more :P
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Smile Awhile
Cookies & Creme

I didn't understand any of them except the last one. We are mainly the only Pentecostal church in our city, so no. Not much interaction.
What do you want here? You can move along to the next post now; nothing fun here in my signature.
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

I will take the liberty of hijacking this thread. And answering some of your questions. First off, I'll explain a tiny bit about our church. We're a part of no great Penecostal organization, though we are a part of a small organization that has a few churches in different places.
Eleventh Doctor wrote:
Could a Catholic or a Mormon take communion at your church?

What are some of the key doctrines you believe are non-negotiable?

What does your average Sunday service look like?

Do you have any interaction with other churches in your area?
Q1: I am not sure, as something like that has never come up.
Q2: Baptism of the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues, the Trinity, that Jesus died to save us, that God still has a plan for Israel. We believe in giving tithes. Also, we don't believe in rock music in the church, at least. I think those are the key doctrines. I might be missing some. Know that I will try to answer all of the questions as possible, but being only 11, I won't know all there is to know.
Q3: Average Sunday service would be Sunday school at about 9:30, adults and kids. Our church is rather small, but we have three classes. When you turn 13 you go into adult Sunday school. Then a few minutes before 10:30, the Sunday school classes go back into the sanctuary (gym, we rent a school) From there we have a (roughly) 30 minute worship time. During that, we also have open worship and speaking in tongues. Then tithes and announcements, then our pastor speaks for an hour, maybe more. After that (12:30ish) we either have potluck, then someone speaks, a quick lunch, then prayer, or an evening service at 6 or 7.
Prayer meetings at different homes on Wednesday night, and CMP (church ministry program, we go through classes, then take tests)

Long answer, I know.

Q4: Like I said, we're part of an organization. We interact with churches in the States sometimes, there's a ministry for Israel in the area, which we put out an offering for sometimes, and then a church a part of the same organization a little ways away we interact with occasionally.
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

You're going to have fun when you get to Bible class in 9th grade of BJU. :D The third module of that year is all about the doctrine of the Holy Spirit--and the teacher is certainly not sympathetic to your view. :P
Formerly Christian A. :)
Jeremiah 13:23
Ezekiel 36:26-27
Ephesians 2:4-10

God has done the impossible! He has, in effect, changed a leopard's spots into stripes! He turned me, one who was accustomed to do evil, into one who can walk in good works! He brought me to life from the dead and gave me His Spirit, in order to cause me to walk in His statutes! He has totally changed me, and it is all for His glory!
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

Christian A. wrote:You're going to have fun when you get to Bible class in 9th grade of BJU. :D The third module of that year is all about the doctrine of the Holy Spirit--and the teacher is certainly not sympathetic to your view. :P
That there is a Holy Spirit?
Then that's too good then, because I'm not with BJU anymore, fortunately.
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

Joy wrote:
Christian A. wrote:You're going to have fun when you get to Bible class in 9th grade of BJU. :D The third module of that year is all about the doctrine of the Holy Spirit--and the teacher is certainly not sympathetic to your view. :P
That there is a Holy Spirit?
Then that's too good then, because I'm not with BJU anymore, fortunately.
No, he just isn't very fond of Pentecostals and their views about tongues and healing and prophecy and stuff. ;)

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Oh well. I guess you'll miss out on the harassment. :P
Formerly Christian A. :)
Jeremiah 13:23
Ezekiel 36:26-27
Ephesians 2:4-10

God has done the impossible! He has, in effect, changed a leopard's spots into stripes! He turned me, one who was accustomed to do evil, into one who can walk in good works! He brought me to life from the dead and gave me His Spirit, in order to cause me to walk in His statutes! He has totally changed me, and it is all for His glory!