Pentecostal Q&A!

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

C-guy wrote:
HannahJ. wrote:Oh Cool! Wait you have? so you do or don't or did?? Sorry but I'm a little confused!
Yes, I have speaken in tongues before. Have you?
Sorry for my confusion.

Yes I have Spoken in Tongues before. It's a amazing experience don't you think?
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

HannahJ. wrote:
C-guy wrote:
HannahJ. wrote:Oh Cool! Wait you have? so you do or don't or did?? Sorry but I'm a little confused!
Yes, I have speaken in tongues before. Have you?
Sorry for my confusion.

Yes I have Spoken in Tongues before. It's a amazing experience don't you think?
Yes, indescribable. It's amazing.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
AIOluver36
Chocolate Chip

HannahJ. wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote:Okay.
You believe in the gift of tongues as a sign of the Holy Spirit, right? How many times have you seen this happen? Is this a rare occurrence, or does it happen frequently? Do you believe in other powers given by the Holy Spirit? What do you believe about healing?
Yes, that is right. I have seen this happen my whole life! Nope it's not that rare it all depends the last time someone spoke in tongues for the first time was in April(it was me:) There are powers in the holy spirit but mostly in the name of Jesus! I totally believe in healing! My mom has had many healing's and others too. As to your other questions I'll see if Bren responds.
Could you explain about the whole healing thing? I don't understand?!!! :?
"Never Be Afraid To Trust An Unknown Future To A Known God" ~ Corrie Ten Boom
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Well Healing is when God Heals like a Pain or a Sickness. Sometimes people have the Gift of Healing and Say In Jesus Name and your healed. Very few have this gift.
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

HannahJ. wrote:Well Healing is when God Heals like a Pain or a Sickness. Sometimes people have the Gift of Healing and Say In Jesus Name and your healed. Very few have this gift.
Another thing to add: Look throughout Jesus' life. What did he love to do? Heal people. That's what brings joy to him. He loves to heal people, and he loves it when people heal in his name.
Just like when someone prays for you to be healed, that's a special gift God can choose to give people. But it not like he sends a super-power to you. No, he answers your prayer to heal someone.

Did I get this right Hannah? I'm only a young teen, so I may have gotten some parts wrong.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

C-guy wrote:
HannahJ. wrote:Well Healing is when God Heals like a Pain or a Sickness. Sometimes people have the Gift of Healing and Say In Jesus Name and your healed. Very few have this gift.
Another thing to add: Look throughout Jesus' life. What did he love to do? Heal people. That's what brings joy to him. He loves to heal people, and he loves it when people heal in his name.
Just like when someone prays for you to be healed, that's a special gift God can choose to give people. But it not like he sends a super-power to you. No, he answers your prayer to heal someone.

Did I get this right Hannah? I'm only a young teen, so I may have gotten some parts wrong.
I think you did. I'm not even a teen yet but it sounded good. I agree that He loved healing people.
Smile Awhile
Cookies & Creme

T.S. (myself) wrote:Okay. I know that you have already answered this, but I still do not understand your viewpoint on the Trinity. Could you explain this in a little more detail? Thank You.

You believe in the gift of tongues as a sign of the Holy Spirit, right? How many times have you seen this happen? Is this a rare occurrence, or does it happen frequently? Do you believe in other powers given by the Holy Spirit? What do you believe about healing?

When was the Pentecostal curvy founded? How many people belong total? How many people belong to your church? How interconnected are all the Pentecostal churches? How old is your church?

Sorry for all the questions. You may take them as the highest sign of my interest. (please tell me if I in any way offended anyone)
I could explain the trinity if you would tell me where you got that idea, but please PM me about that. I'll post my answer on here.
What do you want here? You can move along to the next post now; nothing fun here in my signature.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Got what idea? I was just interested in what HannahJ.'s church believed on the Trinity. Thank you, though.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

this lady at my church said she hasnt gone to the doctor in 30 years she has trusted God to heal!
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

gabbygirl17 wrote:this lady at my church said she hasnt gone to the doctor in 30 years she has trusted God to heal!
Amen Totally believe in that!
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

Do you believe it's idolatry when someone believes in a god that is not the God of the Bible?

In other words, if someone worships and trusts in a God who is not the God which we see described in Scripture, are they unsaved?\

Say, if someone believed that God has a wife who helps Him create all humans. Would that disqualify someone from salvation, since they believe in a different god?
Last edited by Striped Leopard on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly Christian A. :)
Jeremiah 13:23
Ezekiel 36:26-27
Ephesians 2:4-10

God has done the impossible! He has, in effect, changed a leopard's spots into stripes! He turned me, one who was accustomed to do evil, into one who can walk in good works! He brought me to life from the dead and gave me His Spirit, in order to cause me to walk in His statutes! He has totally changed me, and it is all for His glory!
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

HannahJ. wrote:.
Independent Oneness Pentecostals: It really depends on the Church in this one.
What we believe: Well some churches are basically UPC. Others Like mine believe Acts 2:38 is the Plan of Salvation. That Modesty is Very important but don't have a specific way of dress. That the Trinity is Not real. We can wear Make-Up but I really can't and that you can wear Jewelry but most of us don't have pierced ears cause we don't believe in piercing our bodies.And also believe that Speaking in Tongues is the sign you've received the Gift Of The Holy Ghost.

wait..... so you don't believe in the Trinity????

-- Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:58 pm --
gabbygirl17 wrote:this lady at my church said she hasnt gone to the doctor in 30 years she has trusted God to heal!

also.. another question.. do you think it is a sin to visit the doctor?

-- Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:30 pm --

could someone pleases answer my questions, I've been waiting for a while :D thank you :D
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

No I don't believe in the trinity. I did. I got confused. Satan did his best to keep me away from the truth.

No Way It is no Sin. My mom was a nurse. But we believe God can heal. I think people should trust God,but if you need a doctor you need a doctor!

Sorry it's taking me so long to reply.
Renae
Fudge Marble

So can you tell me what you DO believe about the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit? and thats fine, I understand :D
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

What is pentecostal?
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Okay pentecostal is a denomination. And Ranae we believe the Jesus is the Father Son and Holy Ghost. They are not separate. They are just titles.
Renae
Fudge Marble

ok, then I have a question:
in I John 4:8 it says "God is love." This states that God is love, has been love for all time, and will continue to be love forever. This also implies that he loves something, or someone right? Well, if there was no trinity, who did God love before the beginning of time, before he had created humans? just a question I was wondering about..... thanks :D
God's little Artist
Caramel Crunch

Does your church do "five-fold" ministry? That is Apostles, Evangelists, Teachers, Prophets, and Gifts of healing. (This is taken from 1 Corinthians 12:28)

This means that everyone has a different calling in the Church. My church believes that everyone is called into a specific ministry. (it's not always one of the five)
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

So if Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are just separate titles, how is it that Jesus was praying to the Father who was in Heaven? Was Jesus kneeling and praying to Himself sitting on the throne in Heaven? And now that Jesus is in Heaven is He standing at His own right hand? How does that work?

And what about when the Holy Sprit descended down on Jesus after He was baptized, while the Father was speaking from Heaven? They can't be all the same person. The Bible distinctly portrays them as separate entities, yet all having the fullness of God.
Formerly Christian A. :)
Jeremiah 13:23
Ezekiel 36:26-27
Ephesians 2:4-10

God has done the impossible! He has, in effect, changed a leopard's spots into stripes! He turned me, one who was accustomed to do evil, into one who can walk in good works! He brought me to life from the dead and gave me His Spirit, in order to cause me to walk in His statutes! He has totally changed me, and it is all for His glory!
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

uhhhhhhhhhh It says in the bible that the trinity is true, :/ I'm baptist and i believe the trinity is true, why doubt what the bible says? God said that the bible was true, so we need to obey it, not just assume things and be like "OH, i think it means this!" no, no bad idea
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31