Baptism!

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

I've been baptised.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Well The Great Comission says baptize in NAME not TITLES.
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

Bren wrote:Well The Great Comission says baptize in NAME not TITLES.
That is true. The bible is the truth, so I don't disagree.

Emily's Okay...
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

C-guy wrote:
Bren wrote:Well The Great Comission says baptize in NAME not TITLES.
That is true. The bible is the truth, so I don't disagree.
:o Someone agrees. Not many do when I bring that up. He did say he comes in his fathers name and the comforter would come in his name.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

We're all biased here, as it seems we've all been baptized in certain ways, but I was baptized as a baby and here's my take on that. A lot of people frown on child baptizing because, of course, the baby has no idea what the heck's going on. This was never much a problem in the bible. Often, whether we're talking about the Apostles or John the Baptist, the Bible speaks of INFANTS being baptized. More than that, logic backs it. People are able to decide for themselves if they want to be Christian. Naturally, throwing away a baptism their parents have stuck on them can make this harder. But that's not entirely a bad thing. I am sometimes annoyed that I've been handed Christianity on a silver platter, rather than making a spiritual journey, considering different religions, and logically coming to the conclusion Christianity is right. But that comes more from being born into an awesome, very Christian family than anything else. I have reasoned many times through Christianity, and I've more than accepted it for myself. I LOVE it, literally!! (The word literally gets thrown around a lot, but I mean the word literally in the literal sense.) Being baptized as an infant hasn't made me devalue the baptism, or the Christianity it initiated me into. On the contrary, I'm glad that, from the start, my parents and God gave me such a priceless gift.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Whay denomiation are you? I completly disagree.
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Disagree away, girl, but unless you have FAR more convincing refutations than "I disagree" you aren't going to be very convincing. ;) I know you have your reasons, and it's fine you disagree with me, but unless you back your disagreement with those reasons, I don't find your statement very interesting.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Are you Catholic? I have proof that baptizem when you are older and being baptized in Jesus name makes 100% differnce.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

What denomination are u Pound Foolish?
Last edited by gabbygirl17 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well, how nice. This will be interesting. What is it, Hannah?
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

PF, please just answer Hannah's question. What denomination are you?
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Sorry, I kept being distracted by the debate. As some have suspected, I'm a Catholic! (Horrors!) Oh, and I'm actually proud of it, and enjoy it. Shocking, huh? ;)
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

HannahJ. wrote:Are you Catholic? I have proof that baptizem when you are older and being baptized in Jesus name makes 100% differnce.
Very interesting! Even more-so, though, had you actually accompanied this post with said proof. :)
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Proof? What do you mean? My last post, as you know, just said I'm Catholic. What does that hafta do with Hannah's proof?
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to leave the part of Hannah's message that was directed at you still in there. I was simply asking her to present the proof that she has.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Proof that it changes lives. Proof that it sets you free. Proof that it washes your sins away. That's what baptism means in my church. It A. Buries you in the "blood" of Jesus. 2. Washes your sins away and they are forgotten. Not saying your way of baptism is terrible. It's just confusion. I also believe that Jesus name Baptism is the right way cause Acts 2:38 says so. I know there is a verse that says the Father, Son, Holy Ghost but who are all those People? Jesus and they were written in two different languages. That's my proof.
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

Wooton Bassett wrote:I believe in baptism and infant baptism.

Have you been baptized Katrina?
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''
C-guy
Fudge Marble

Pound Foolish wrote:Sorry, I kept being distracted by the debate. As some have suspected, I'm a Catholic! (Horrors!) Oh, and I'm actually proud of it, and enjoy it. Shocking, huh? ;)
I always thought that it was weird that Catholics almost honor Mary as much as Jesus. Is that true?

Emily's Okay...
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

I was wondering the same as C-guy.. DO they believe mary is holy?
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

gabbygirl17 wrote:I was wondering the same as C-guy.. DO they believe mary is holy?
Yeah I heard that too.