End of the world

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I agree this has happened numerous times in the past, and it is pointless. As it does say in the Bible that "No one will know the date or the hour" so I assume that means that when the Rapture comes will be a time that nobody will guess.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:I agree this has happened numerous times in the past, and it is pointless. As it does say in the Bible that "No one will know the date or the hour" so I assume that means that when the Rapture comes will be a time that nobody will guess.
How do you know there is a rapture?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Also, historically speaking, even people in the middle ages thought Christ's return was imminent. (if my facts are correct)
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You are correct Penny

Also the Rapture isn't found in Scripture and isn't a thing that will happen
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Eleventh Doctor wrote: Also the Rapture isn't found in Scripture and isn't a thing that will happen
...I thought you claimed to not understand the book of Revelation. Now you know what it isn't?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I'm not claiming to understand Revelation, I'm saying that the Rapture is not a scriptural event.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

But think over the last 100 years world war 1 and 2 have happened and not in any of whose times when people have said Jesus is coming back it has just been in one place. Noiw its all I've the disasters I mean and 100 years to God is like a week. Sooooo.... What's rapture?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So your argument is that because it's all in America that makes the second coming more likely? Or are you saying the world wars are part of the reason Christ is coming back? I'm confused

The Rapture is a 19th century idea that says before the second coming Christians will be taken up in a sudden flash or float up into the sky. It was popularized in the Left Behind novels.

Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Eleventh Doctor wrote:So your argument is that because it's all in America that makes the second coming more likely? Or are you saying the world wars are part of the reason Christ is coming back? I'm confused

The Rapture is a 19th century idea that says before the second coming Christians will be taken up in a sudden flash or float up into the sky. It was popularized in the Left Behind novels.
I don't think that's going to happen just my opinion.

I just mean before people have said that Jesus is coming back but the disasters that made them say that where just in one country now its all over and in the bible it says there will be wars, disasters, and things like that and 100 years is like a week to god and there has been many wars and things in that time.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I just mean before people have said that Jesus is coming back but the disasters that made them say that where just in one country now its all over
I would dispute this, back in the 1200s Genghis Khan conquered most of Asia and part of Eastern Europe as well. Black Death spread over entire continents. Back during the 1700s at the same time as the American Revolution there were other wars going on between Britain, Spain, and France. I mean think about the fall of the Roman Empire and the world wide impact that had. Think of the spread of Islam throughout the Middle East, India, and Europe. There have been wars and disasters all over the world before, this is not a unique time in history.

Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

But was there natural disasters during all that and what if it is this time? I will give some sighs from revulsions let me writer them all up. My question is how do you know that it isn't what proof dok you have?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You think natural disasters are a recent thing?

My point has always been that since Christ left people have been positive that He was returning very soon. We should live our lives like He is but saying that "this" time is the "real" time is ignoring history.

Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Eleventh Doctor wrote:You think natural disasters are a recent thing?

My point has always been that since Christ left people have been positive that He was returning very soon. We should live our lives like He is but saying that "this" time is the "real" time is ignoring history.
Yes all the huracanas and fires.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So the past didn't have hurricanes or fires?

Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Well right now there's has been 3 huracains and 100s of fires Jesus said things like this would happen.

-- Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:21 pm --

Well right now there's has been 3 huracains and 100s of fires Jesus said things like this would happen.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Sure but there have been hurricanes and fires before. Let's redirect this a bit, let's say you knew with reasonable certainty that this was the End Times. What would you do differently?

Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Sure but there have been hurricanes and fires before. Let's redirect this a bit, let's say you knew with reasonable certainty that this was the End Times. What would you do differently?
I would try even harder to get people to Jesus. But in a time in history has there been all at one time there are fires,huracains, wars,rumors of wars,attacks and murders, and all of these things in all different country's?

Edt: opps lots of mistakes
Last edited by Katie10 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Yeah, those things have all been pretty constant throughout history.

Okay cool, go out and share the Gospel then!

Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

But all at once and think all that's happend in 100 years and there have never been sighs from revulsions.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Yes, all at once. What signs from Revelation do you think are specifically happening in the last 100 years?