End of the world

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

I am writing them up I will have them tomarow. But how do you explain the sighs if there are ones?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I've explained it by saying there have been natural disasters, war, disease, and famine throughout history. But my more important point is if the change you're going to make is spreading the Gospel then good for you! Don't worry about whether the world is ending or not.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

What about you if it is coming?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I try to live my life like today is my last day currently. I don't worry about the date of the end.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

But why not its exciting!! Don't know if I speld that right but now I fell like being silly we are now closer then 1 minute ago and just keep reading this ever minute
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I think it's a waste of time to be guessing about whether current events are signs of the end time.

Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Eleventh Doctor wrote:I think it's a waste of time to be guessing about whether current events are signs of the end time.
You have a point but in some ways it can be good and I am not guessing it could be in the next 100 years I am just saying soon as in years span I mean that guy still has to take over.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

In what ways can it be good?

Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

https://youtu.be/xSsfuLcmIOY

I'll just . . . Leave this here.
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Samantha14 wrote:https://youtu.be/xSsfuLcmIOY

I'll just . . . Leave this here.
Oh my gosh. lol :lol:
*Finger guns aggressively*
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Eleventh Doctor wrote:In what ways can it be good?
Some people might try harder to get people to Jesus and more people acapet him because they see all of it.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

To be fair, we will hear of "wars and rumors of wars", and the 20th century has been one of the most violent, if not the most violent, century in history. World Wars I and II happened, of course (killing an estimated 16 million and 50-70 million people, respectively), but there was also the Korean War, the Holocaust, the Khmer Rouge, the Great Leap Forward, the Vietnam War, the Soviet purges, the Armenian genocide, the Rwandan genocide, and South African apartheid. Now, disease has, historically, been a considerable threat, but while the death toll from the Black Plague, for example, numbered in the 30-50 million range, nowadays, modern medicine is a thing, the hospital is your friend, and some diseases like smallpox and polio have been completely eradicated. It may indeed be significant that as disease has waned, violence has waxed.

Also, while this hurricane season has been pretty active, it isn't that unusual. Tropical cyclone seasons rise and fall just like phenomena always do. The most active hurricane season overall was actually 2005 (it got so busy that they actually ran out of alphabetical names; they started calling them by Greek letter names), and the season with the most major hurricanes was back in 1950. Yes, the fires in California are terrible, but so were the Great Fire of London in 1666, the Great Fire of New York in 1835, and the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. These things come and go.

One thing that I thought was a good reminder was something I read not too long ago with respect to eclipses and blood moons and other astronomical events: they can't be a sign that Jesus is coming back, because those events can be predicted down to the second, and no one knows the day or the hour. Ergo, not only are eclipses and blood moons not signs of the Second Coming, they could actually be the opposite.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

TigerShadow wrote:To be fair, we will hear of "wars and rumors of wars", and the 20th century has been one of the most violent, if not the most violent, century in history. World Wars I and II happened, of course (killing an estimated 16 million and 50-70 million people, respectively), but there was also the Korean War, the Holocaust, the Khmer Rouge, the Great Leap Forward, the Vietnam War, the Soviet purges, the Armenian genocide, the Rwandan genocide, and South African apartheid. Now, disease has, historically, been a considerable threat, but while the death toll from the Black Plague, for example, numbered in the 30-50 million range, nowadays, modern medicine is a thing, the hospital is your friend, and some diseases like smallpox and polio have been completely eradicated. It may indeed be significant that as disease has waned, violence has waxed.

Also, while this hurricane season has been pretty active, it isn't that unusual. Tropical cyclone seasons rise and fall just like phenomena always do. The most active hurricane season overall was actually 2005 (it got so busy that they actually ran out of alphabetical names; they started calling them by Greek letter names), and the season with the most major hurricanes was back in 1950. Yes, the fires in California are terrible, but so were the Great Fire of London in 1666, the Great Fire of New York in 1835, and the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. These things come and go.

One thing that I thought was a good reminder was something I read not too long ago with respect to eclipses and blood moons and other astronomical events: they can't be a sign that Jesus is coming back, because those events can be predicted down to the second, and no one knows the day or the hour. Ergo, not only are eclipses and blood moons not signs of the Second Coming, they could actually be the opposite.
How could they be opposite just as they are not a sigh he is coming back ( its not in revulsions) how could they Be a sigh he is not coming back?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Katie10 wrote:How could they be opposite just as they are not a sigh he is coming back ( its not in revulsions) how could they Be a sigh he is not coming back?
I just explained that. Look at how accurately NASA can predict those events—solar and lunar eclipses can be predicted down to the second. And not just with a few months notice; those events have been predicted out for the next few decades. Total solar and lunar eclipses are regularly-occurring natural phenomena; they happen all the time. They may not happen to where we can see them in America, but they happen all the time. That tells me two things:

One, that the "sun being darkened" and the "moon not giving light" will be different events. They'll be far more noticeable than eclipses. The second coming of our Savior is going to involve a lot more fanfare; we're going to know, without a shadow of a doubt, that He's here. Things will occur that are outside the norms of nature, so things occurring that are within those norms can't be signs of the imminent return of Christ. Total eclipses are within the norms. They're really cool, don't get me wrong, but that just points me to how awesome my Creator is, not that His Son is coming.

Two, that whether or not we see eclipses won't have anything to do with Christ's return. They happen so often and so regularly that they can be predicted down to the second, and as has been said multiple times, nobody knows when Jesus is coming back. So whether or not Jesus is coming back cannot be predicted by eclipses; the events occur too regularly.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

TigerShadow wrote:
Katie10 wrote:How could they be opposite just as they are not a sigh he is coming back ( its not in revulsions) how could they Be a sigh he is not coming back?
One, that the "sun being darkened" and the "moon not giving light" will be different events. They'll be far more noticeable than eclipses. The second coming of our Savior is going to involve a lot more fanfare; we're going to know, without a shadow of a doubt, that He's here. Things will occur that are outside the norms of nature, so things occurring that are within those norms can't be signs of the imminent return of Christ. Total eclipses are within the norms. They're really cool, don't get me wrong, but that just points me to how awesome my Creator is, not that His Son is coming
If your saying that those to things will happened the sun and moon things witch I think will if I understand rervaltoins right how could they predict that its not going to happen? Also I am not saying its going to happen supper soon just we might be getting closer to it.