Churches

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Churches

If you had to pick one of these two church interiors to use for your church which would you pick?

King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I'm going to be annoying and ask if there's an option in between the two.

My first impressions: The second picture screams 'generic non-denominational church,' which is an environment I'm used to, but am trying to move away from in my current search for a church. The first picture is incredibly ornate and visually interesting, but it's also intimidating and perhaps unnecessarily expensive. Personally, I would prefer something like this

or this

Last edited by Tea Ess on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Nope just those two choices, which would you choose?

But for the purpose of discussion what do you like specifically in the two examples you gave?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

That's mean. :(

In that case, I'll rebel against my origins and pick the first church. I'd like to broaden my horizons and experience something new.

I think they would be the most conducive to my personal worship by reminding me I was in a church while not being overly distracting.
321tumbler
Caramel Crunch

I would agree with T.S. as far as some sort of mixture between the two. However, I would probably pick the first one. For one thing, it would be fun to sing in there. I'm sure the acoustics will be really great. Also, I'm not exactly sure why, but I prefer sanctuaries with pews. I don't have any problem with chairs I just like pews better. It's really weird.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

The first one to me seems like it would be extremely distracting during the service. I also agree with Tea that it's probably more expensive than it needs to be. My church sanctuary is closer to the first pic than the second, but the second is almost exactly what the yg sunday school/awana room looks like (be it somewhat smaller).[annoying comment] Anyway, the building isn't really the important part anyway.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What is the important part?

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Definitely the steeple. Otherwise the little kids can't do the fun song with their hands. :(
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

T.S. (myself) wrote:Definitely the steeple. Otherwise the little kids can't do the fun song with their hands. :(
Yeah the song is totally flat without that. :(
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Personally, the second church. I'm more inclined to less formal settings. Personal preference. I'd probably like a bit more formal and less... boring.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

That's a conference hall not a church.... I mean, I would prefer at least a cross or something to differentiate it from any other type of building. You can tell a home by it's beds, kitchen, etc., you can tell gym by it's basketball hoop and volleyball net, shouldn't you be able to tell a church from it's interior too? Especially if the only use of the church building is for "church" stuff, there is literally no reason not to have an interesting beautiful church, instead of a dull white wall that makes me want to fall asleep when I enter the building. Now, obviously I see you chose two extremes. The first is a bit overboard in it's images and icons, to the point that I'm distracted just looking at the picture. And the first one is a bit overboard in it's entire dullness, where the only proof you have it is a church is... well, nothing? besides the "church chairs" which could just easily be concert/conference chairs.

As for the first church, I would probably prefer, I suppose. I like the fact that everywhere you look or stare at, you can learn from (as they obviously depict a Christian person/Bible story). I would assume it would be quite overwhelming and distracting at first to have so many things to look at, however. And, if one visited the church a lone, you could never think you are alone with all those people looking down on you, reminding us that those who have departed aren't dead or gone, but alive in Christ in heaven and looking down upon us.
xo eht haiasi-
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Blitz wrote:Personally, the second church. I'm more inclined to less formal settings. Personal preference. I'd probably like a bit more formal and less... boring.
What did you think of the two examples T.S. gave?

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Eleventh Doctor wrote:
Blitz wrote:Personally, the second church. I'm more inclined to less formal settings. Personal preference. I'd probably like a bit more formal and less... boring.
What did you think of the two examples T.S. gave?
Out of those two, I'd prefer the first one.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Of those two churches, the top is definitely my favorite. It looks so beautiful and regal, and I'm just imagining the beautiful hymns echoing through that huge ceiling. It's also the type of place I would honestly love to get married in, though maybe a slightly smaller one, compared to the second.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

For Eleventh Doctor's, I prefer the top image, it reminds me of the Notre Dame. :) It is quite majestic, and though God is everywhere, and I can feel him anywhere, I'd probably be filled with a sense of awe walking through.

Out of T.S's...well, the second picture reminds of my Grandmother's church, I would choose that one then. :) Although I'm not planning on having a wedding inside.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Hermione
Chocolate Chip

My church at home is held in a high school cafeteria. I'd definitely be more at home in the second church. :P However, the first one is lovely as well.

If you really must know, though, Puritan churches are where it's at: Image

Also, I really like my school's chapel.

"The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." - Flannery O'Connor
NinjaHunter
Raspberry Ripple

Oooh, I'm with you on the Puritan church design. That's a pretty good in-between design right there.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

NinjaHunter wrote:Oooh, I'm with you on the Puritan church design. That's a pretty good in-between design right there.
Why should it be in-between?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I agree with Hermione, and not that it "should" be in-between, I would say we just prefer it O.o
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
NinjaHunter
Raspberry Ripple

I'm lost, but what Connie G. said.