Signs of the End

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Signs of the End

Mark 13:8 ~ For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

Edit: apparently YouTube tags don't function anymore.

GG Edit: You have to take the 'S' out of the https.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

All things that have happened before now
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

I never said that things hadn't happened before now, and I agree that they have. It only concludes to reasoning that we are in the end times. =p

I simply posted the video to plant a seed. Not as much as a scare tactic, because I don't believe in that form of saving, but simply to get people thinking ~ "If something happened to me today, would I go to Heaven? Would my friends? Family? The people around me?" Because, as much as our lives could literally end any second, we don't automatically think that way until we see signs of a major catastrophe. And then we start pondering our relationship with Christ, and what we could be doing for Him, for others.

It's just something to think about. Whether this massive quake happens in reality, is up to God to decide. I actually do believe it, because I've read the passages about major storms and earthquakes. But even if it doesn't, we should still have concern over our, and others' salvation. To be fully secure in our walk with Christ, because, honestly, we are never promised tomorrow~Would we go to heaven, today?
Woody
Cookies & Creme

I love how your 1998th post(the year I was born) is about a natural disaster that would affect an area very near to me :P

The good news is, if this happens, my house becomes beachfront property! \:D/ We're pretty near the east side of I-5. ;)

But seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happened. I've heard a lot in the past year from friends and family concerning the topic of a Californian super-quake. My cousin(who is three times my age :? ) in particular has been keeping up on this topic. Apparently she's had some kind of premonition/prophecy about it. Not sure what I think of that, but I suppose it's certainly possible. The Bible does say that prophecy will be more common in the end times(Acts 2:17).

Whatever the case, I'm totally on board for the end times happening ASAP. :P I've gotten pretty tired of the stupidity of our world. ;) Just maybe no earthquakes in my immediate area? xD

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm not excited for this particular quake, cause I live in Portland, and if everything goes as predicted I just might get killed. :( This will catch a lot of people off guard and destroy/kill a heck of a lot if this takes place.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Why do you suppose God would choose for this to happen?
Paula
Peach Cobbler

I think this is a great thread for the season of time that we're in. And honestly I do believe that God will come in this current (our) generation. I'm not sure who that question was at, but I think that this needs to happen in order to fulfill God's plans for the Heaven on Earth. God isn't just wiping out all of humanity for nothing. He's judging the world to see who will stand with Him through all that is in store for us. We as Christians need to focus our eyes on Him and even if it's hard we shouldn't be afraid of death. The best is yet to come and living here on earth is only a tiny tiny tiny fraction of how amazing heaven will be, and my heart goes out to all of those people out in our world who are living for the world and not knowing what's happening. As for the signs of the end...They're everywhere. Prophecy's are getting fulfilled more than ever and I think we should be aware of that. Sooo...Yeah...
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Out of curiosity, what are your denominations beliefs on eschatology/end times?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What is so special about right now?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

The world will ends when it ends, I just want to figure out how to be alive.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

*agrees with Paula 100%*

Open your eyes, you can see prophecy being fulfilled everyday. It may not happen in this specific generation, it may happen in the next, maybe even in the next. But I do, truly believe it's going to happen, sooner than we can imagine or believe.

It's not just guessing anymore, nor is it that crazy, white steeple style "Oh! I heard there's gonna be a storm, that means Jesus is coming! Jesus is coming! It's going to be the year 2000? I bet Jesus comes on the first! Oh, better get ready! Bow down, you worthless sinners, repent! Jesus is coming!" ...-_-" People that obsessed with the end times, especially being "right now", are missing out completely on our God given mission, here on earth.

But, that's the very thing. We can't be so obsessed with it, that we miss the very point of our existence. However, we can't be so unaware of it, that we slack on our duty as believers, to spread the Gospel to all four corners of the globe. Whether it starts right in your neighborhood, or in Nigeria, we have to be aware that the end is coming soon, and there are souls all around us that are in desperate need of saving.

And that's our job, our mission as believers. To be fishers of men, a light unto all the earth, because Christ is our fire, who burns inside of us. Who works in us, and through us, and we can't be afraid to share that light. What better way to remind us to keep our fire lit, uncovered, and burning brightly for this dark world to see, than realizing that it IS a dark world, in need of a light, before they're incapable of ever having hope of truly seeing again? Would we really want that for our nonChristian friends? Neighbors? Relatives? Anyone? We shouldn't, and we can't. We have to accept our duty, and fulfill it, one soul at a time.

We also have to be constantly aware of our own hearts, and souls. Our relationship with God is so, so important. We can't truly share the light with others, if we have areas in our personal lives, dimming our light. Putting it out, slowly. We have to be sure that we, too, are ready, before we can go out and help others to be.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Starting with the Apostles every generation has been convinced *theirs* is the last generation and the end times are nigh.

Paula
Peach Cobbler

Most of what I believe comes from my parents. They told me that when Israel becomes a nation that generation (ours) will not pass. Well Israel became a nation (again) on May 14, 1948, so every single person born from that day on is apart of "The" generation that will not pass. Once again I was only informed that, but I decided to do some research of my own to see how exactly and where the Bible states this. So I'll try to construct my sentences to some point of understanding =P

Okay...So God compares Israel to a fig tree, and it represents Israel in two key parables.

Matthew 24:32-34
32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[a] is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Luke 21:29-38
29 He told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30 When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

32 “Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

These two passages are only the key ones, but The whole chapter(Luke 21 and Matthew 24) is very important if you want to get the full concept, and I suggest you do read them. But for a quick over view, the verses before are talking of the signs of the End Times and then The Lesson of the Fig Tree is told. The thing I find most interesting is that The Fig Tree Lesson is told not once, but twice. Both are stated after "signs of the end." Anyway I think that those verses are so important and that God was really trying to get the point across that Our Generation...Will. Not. Pass... until these things are fulfilled. Now I might read this and come with a whole entire different idea of the verses than any one else, but this is what I believe regarding Signs of the End. If anyone wants to read anything else regarding this topic I came across a website that explains the fig tree thing in depth and I found it rather interesting sooo...Yeah.

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/symbolfigtree.html
Now I don't believe everything that is stated ^ but I agree with most of it.
Last edited by Paula on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Starting with the Apostles every generation has been convinced *theirs* is the last generation and the end times are nigh.
Using that excuse, you could be thrown right into the end times, and you'd never acknowledge it. There would be nothing great enough to convince you otherwise either. Actually Jesus commanded us to "Watch." We are to live as if the end times were upon us.

You sound like the scoffer from 2 Peter 3.
knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers fell asleep all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation. For this they are willing ignorant of
So please, don't be willingly ignorant if the last days have truly arrived. Because they will sometime.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

So? We should always live as though the end times are nigh. But you still can't argue with how many prophecies have been fulfilled as it is. Yes, there are still plenty of prophecies yet to be fulfilled, but there have been several come to pass already. Even if it isn't in this generation's life time, which I believe it will be, even if much later, it still is close enough. And we should live accordingly, whether it be reasoned by the end of time, or the end of our time. We're never promised tomorrow.

Also, once again, I agree with Paula ~ albeit knowing you're going to construct a fair argument about beliefs coming from parents and not herself. Though if she believes that herself, then I don't see an issue. She did her own research and reasoning, so... Honestly, though, I do believe that we are coming upon such a time. Too many signs have pointed towards it, and I won't hesitate to remind people that tomorrow is never promised for anyone. So, surely we should fulfill our destiny in Christ, and be living witnesses to a world soon to pass away.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I am not arguing with that. I agree in fact, with you and Paula that many things are coming to pass right before our eyes.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Haha, I apologize, MF. I meant 11th would likely point out that she believed what she gained from her parents. He often challenges people to believe what they believe, not what their parents believe or told them to believe~Which is fair, and true. But I still agree with what they/she had to say =p
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

We are to live like we are in the end times, not endlessly obsess over whether we are in the end times or not. Nor see end time prophecy in every event. That is all I'm saying. I am not scoffing around after my own lusts doubting the promises of God.

Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

I never said "overly obsess". I even pointed out that we shouldn't believe in everything being the next thing before the rapture. I do believe, however, that I disagree with you to a point; we should be aware of what's going on around us, what prophecies are being fulfilled. Knowing in our heart that the end is near, and act upon that. Not to keep us from fulfilling our roles, as Christians, but to emphasize the very point in our roles. I'm not saying be that person that stands on the street corner with a sign that says "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL, SINNER." And has a random scripture stamped to it. But we should choose to open our own eyes, and help others eyes open as well. It's not something we can remain ignorant about.
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

MF I think your comparison of 11th and the scoffer was a little harsh.
Matthew 24:36 "“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only."
Just because we don't know for sure when it will happen doesn't mean we aren't ready for it. I believe as long as you trust in Jesus you will be ok.