Signs of the End

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

How would we act different if we knew in our heart that the end is near? As you've also said we should act like the end times are coming anyway, so why does it matter if we interpret the prophecies correctly or not?

This is all even assuming that the rapture is a thing and that the book of Revelation is about future events.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

I mean people are either going to die or the world is going to end. Either way it is important to tell others about Jesus and walk out his love so I don't really see what exactly being aware that then end is upon us would change.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

My only comparison with Eleventh and the Scoffer was this part "And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers fell asleep all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation." I was not saying he was walking after his own lusts, that was just part of the verse.
Eleventh Doctor wrote:This is all even assuming that the rapture is a thing and that the book of Revelation is about future events.
Jesus himself talks a lot about End Times and the last days, completely outside of the book of Revelation. Which is what I look at, more than trying to interpret what John saw and wrote.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

Yeah but Eleventh doesn't seem to be saying what that guy was. He doesn't seem to be saying the world will never end (although he does seem to be questioning whether or not previous interpretations of how and when that will happen are true). There is a difference between asking why we are focusing on the end, or say hey it might not end in our life time and saying "where is the promise of his coming?" I don't know about 11th but I believe in the promise of His coming. I just don't know if it is going to happen in my life time or not and I don't think it is super important to focus on. Anyways lets just be careful about what we say about each other.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I personally enjoy studying the end times. I don't obsess over them despite have a pretty decent knowledge of the end times. We remember the end times as reminder to evangelize that is the sole purpose of the end times to us. The more you see the less you want any one to go through it.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So you would increase the amount of evangelizing you do if you thought the end times were upon us?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Blitz
Moose Tracks

They are on us. ;)
That does motivate me to witness as much as I can.
Debate Vampire

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So if you had lived 500 years ago you wouldn't have been as motivated to witness?

Blitz
Moose Tracks

I would be because I probably would have thought I was living in the end times.
Debate Vampire

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Reviving this thread @Paula where does Jesus compare Israel to a fig tree? And there has been more than one generation since Israel became a nation, so which one are we talking about here?
sing
Raspberry Ripple

I can't watch the video... :-( it won't let me

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
Paula
Peach Cobbler

SirWhit wrote:Reviving this thread @Paula where does Jesus compare Israel to a fig tree? And there has been more than one generation since Israel became a nation, so which one are we talking about here?
The whole chapter of Jeremiah 24 is about God comparing Israel to a fig tree. Every person that was born after/when Israel become a nation.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?