VBS Themes!!

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

EugeneforPresident wrote:Does any body's church have VBS for kids in middle school? Mine does.
do u mean a separate VBS for middle school kids?
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
jennakyler321
Cookies & Creme

I'm to old for VBS :cry:
Jen
Gods love is like a warm cup of coffee you can't get enough
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Me too! :( But I can still volunteer!!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Me three, and I can volunteer too
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Guy from our church got me excited for a bit. He said we were doing AIO VBS, but it was just called something like "Odyssey VBS" and has nothing to do with AIO.
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

Our church isn't big enough for VBS, but our family and several other families from church and CC go to one called KOV(kids of victory). It's basically VBS on steroids. There are so many kids that they have to do three different weeks. I am a leader now that I am in jr. high but it can really wear you out.
Floral Filly
Caramel Crunch

Last year we had a sky theme, and this year we're having a kingdom theme!!! I can't wait. All my friends'll be there, cause last year was the first time we had even seen anyone at that church! It was the first time we had ever set foot at that church! Anyway, I had had only 1 FRIEND THERE! This year I'll have...*counts on fingers* 16 FRIENDS!!!!!!! Cause now we go to that church. :D :D :D
Love God, and Love Horses. ~My motto
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry
Location: The Warner Bros. Water Tower with Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.

My Church did this VBS called the Incredible Race: Racing Towords God's Word.
Wooton: Penny?
Penny: Yes?
Wooton: Will you marry me?
Penny: *gasp* WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?! O.o
THIS MOMENT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
I love Rueben :)
Patterson
Strawberry

Our VBS themes were normally themed around the life of a bible character. Like one year we'd do the the story of the apostle Paul and and all the activities would be based on ancient Rome. Sometimes their attempts to be biblically accurate were really confusing as a kid. I mean your average seven year old gets confused when one day you're calling your main character Joseph and the next day you're calling him Zaphenath Penea (His Egyptian name). We've had a few other minor problems over the years as well. One year, a kid was freaked out because his mom was playing a Non-Christian character and he thought that she actually wasn't saved. In hindsight, using the wasp infested toolshed as Jesus's empty tomb was also a bad idea. Once I had to run an arts and crafts booth because my sister called in sick. I was supposed to teach the kids how to build foam butterflies, but nobody had shown me the proper way to build them. Building foam butterflies can be deceptively hard and my butterflies were crazy mutant looking things. By the second day, I'd figured out how to build them properly, but my mutant butterflies were popular enough that people had me build more. My dad really wanted to keep the crafts biblically grounded, so he used the mutant butterflies to teach about mutations being a part of the curse of sin. Fun times!

Anyone else have wacky VBS stories?
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

greatkindheartedbush wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:48 am
Once I had to run an arts and crafts booth because my sister called in sick. I was supposed to teach the kids how to build foam butterflies, but nobody had shown me the proper way to build them. Building foam butterflies can be deceptively hard and my butterflies were crazy mutant looking things. By the second day, I'd figured out how to build them properly, but my mutant butterflies were popular enough that people had me build more. My dad really wanted to keep the crafts biblically grounded, so he used the mutant butterflies to teach about mutations being a part of the curse of sin.
:lol: That's hilarious! One year, we had a craft of dyeing T-shirts with potato stamps. The potatoes smelled terrible after a little while. Not to mention, they attracted a lot of flies...
Most of my VBS experience was as a volunteer. I remember several years ago, we were helping with a smaller church VBS. They didn't have sets to decorate the church, so our family made some life-sized trees out of cardboard, construction paper, and hot glue. We spent a lot of time cutting leaves out of construction paper, then sticking them on the cardboard branches! The easiest one to make was a palm tree, which was basically a long carboard tube with an umbrella stuck in the top (covered in huge, green paper leaves). Unfortunately, the umbrella kept falling out, so during VBS, you'd look on the stage and see a palm tree trunk with nothing on top. :mrgreen:
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."