VBS Themes!!

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

wow 200 to 400 kids!
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

gabbygirl17 wrote:wow 200 to 400 kids!
Yup, our church isn't BIG MEGA CHURCH, its more on the medium size. I wouldn't even call it Big. Idea. :lol: :lol: Okay, that made no sense. Bye!.............Not forever though! Just temporaly.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

The Old Judge wrote:Our VBS started tonight!! We had an approximate total of 185 kids!!! The church bus I help on had 25 riders!!! Pray that we have at least 200 kids at VBS tomorrow!!!
Prayers! That's Great!
And C-Guy that's nuts..
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I have been to four different churches (moving), and have experienced completely different kinds of VBS's. The first one I remember had around 200 kids, and maybe 40 volunteers. The boys and girls always had a competition to see who could raise more money for the mission that year for Niciragua?. The next one had around 150 kids, and instead of using it as an outreach, they tried to bring families closer together. My parents signed our family up to be on the craft committee, and we found out we Were the craft committee. Our current church had 490 kids (big outreach) and 200 volunteers. Our offering goal is 3500 (most of which comes from the vounteers like T.S. (myself)). It's funny, our church doesn't seem that big, but when everyone is in a room, you wonder where all the people came from!
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Well, our church uses it as an outreach, too. We had 149 bus riders last night for VBS!! Our bus had 35 riders, and another of our buses had 50 riders! Hopefully we will continue to grow in numbers.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

The Old Judge wrote:Well, our church uses it as an outreach, too. We had 149 bus riders last night for VBS!! Our bus had 35 riders, and another of our buses had 50 riders! Hopefully we will continue to grow in numbers.
WOW That's great!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

T.S. (myself) wrote:Last year, my church did a panda theme. I got to be a crew leader for a group of preschoolers. I get to help again this year, and we will be doing a sky/flight theme.
Umm. Wow. Same here. And I was a leader for preschoolers, too. And were doing the same VBS this year.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I am a Actor and am leader for the dancers they like keeping the Adults as Team Leaders..
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

for my vbs my mom hasnt decided what i'll be doing as a helper.. Im excited though!
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

gabbygirl17 wrote:for my vbs my mom hasnt decided what i'll be doing as a helper.. Im excited though!
Hope it's fun!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Godsgirl6153 wrote:Yes, I know T.S., It is just funny. Just out of curiosity, where is your church in general? Mine is in Colorado.
Sorry, I didnt see your post. We live in the Midwest, so that's where our church is. We're pretty much smack in the middle of the Midwest.

It's pretty funny, because our first church had a total of around 300 people (less on most Sundays). The VBS had around 200 kids, though. I never really thought about it until now, but we must have had a lot of people who didn't go to our church regularly. At this church, the whole VBS seems so big! I still can't get used to it. My group got rated the noisiest! We also have a little boy who wants to be held the entire night! Please pray that we can make the offering goal. All the funds will go the a family of missionaries in Kenya. (the children's pastor also agreed to dye his hair blue!!!)
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

T.S. (myself) wrote:
Godsgirl6153 wrote:Yes, I know T.S., It is just funny. Just out of curiosity, where is your church in general? Mine is in Colorado.
Sorry, I didnt see your post. We live in the Midwest, so that's where our church is. We're pretty much smack in the middle of the Midwest.
Wow..
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Wow??
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

T.S. (myself) wrote:Wow??
That you live in the midwest..
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

Our theme for VBS is national parks. But there is actually a VBS for the junior high(7 and 8th graders) called extreme teens that i am going to.
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

EugeneforPresident wrote:Our theme for VBS is national parks. But there is actually a VBS for the junior high(7 and 8th graders) called extreme teens that i am going to.
That sounds cooL!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I take it back, we're not in the middle of the Midwest. I am more in the eastern Midwest.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

we live in the eastern part of the U.S.A in the country side
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

Does any body's church have VBS for kids in middle school? Mine does.
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

EugeneforPresident wrote:Does any body's church have VBS for kids in middle school? Mine does.
Nope we have a Youth Camp though..