Does God Hate Sin?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Does God Hate Sin?

Actually yes. Some don't know, others have a very twisted view of what you believe, and others may know what you believe but have not heard it in a kindly manner at all and are very reactionary toward you. For example, they'll say "God loves gays! Stop judging us!" So its hard to impress upon them that yes, God loves you, but He doesn't love your sin.etc. Somehow that thought doesn't make sense to them.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Why does God hate their sin?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Do you believe He doesn't?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Do you? If you do, why?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

God hates all sin. Not just theirs, but yes, it includes the sin of homosexuality. Why? Sin is an outward act of disobedience to God.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So God can't stand outward acts of disobedience to Him?

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Maybe it would be better said, God can't stand the damage we are doing to our souls by doing Satan's will instead of His own. He has our best interest in mind, and yes as part of his nature He hates disobedience.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

God can't stand the damage, so God is chained to that feeling by what? A force or necessity more powerful than Himself?

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I wouldn't call love "chains" and more powerful then Himself. Love is also part of His nature. You can't separate the love from God, neither can you separate the hate for disobedience. Its just part of who He is as God.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So hate is part of God?

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Yes. To love righteousness means to hate sin. In the same way if you love children, you hate abortion.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I just don't see God as hate, I'm sad you do.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I actually don't view God that way at all.

I'm sad you have adopted the popular yet twisted view that God is only love and doesn't care about sin.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I never said God is only love and doesn't care about sin, I only said God is not hate.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I never said He is hate either. In fact I emphized the love of His nature, I just made it clear He hates sin. I'm not sure how that translates into God being hate.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You said that as part of His nature God hates disobedience. I said I disagree.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Well where does it come from then?

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Hate comes from perversion of Gods nature. The phrase love the sinner hate the sin comes from Ghandi

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You just called God perverted? Do you realize you are comparing God to sinful humanity? That is so twisted it makes me sick.

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

He didn't call God perverted. He called hatred a perversion of God's nature, and therefore he does not believe that God hates sin.

I can't say I agree with that, though. If God doesn't hate sin, Eleventh, what does He feel about it? If sin is not anathema to Him, why did He turn His face away from Jesus on the cross such that Jesus cried out that He had been forsaken by the Father? Why did He feel the need to flood an entire planet if not because they were committing sins, which He cannot stand in His presence? If God doesn't hate sin, why did we need to be saved from it in order to be reconciled to Him in the first place?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love