Papua New Guinea - A Christian Nation

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

Papua New Guinea - A Christian Nation

Today, a first edition of the KJV Holy Bible was presented to the prime minister of Papua New Guinea to be taken to their parlement building.

http://livestream.com/holinessonline/ihc15
Last edited by Mr. Yorp on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So you are saying Papua New Guinea is now a Christian nation cause they have a Bible around?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

No, but they want to be officially Christian.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I see. Well its cool to be a "christian nation" because America supposably is one.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

I have put the link to the video at the top.

The U.S. is no longer a Christian nation.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What makes a nation a Christian nation?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Jumping in because this is kind of a pet peeve of mine—America was never a "Christian nation". It was never founded that way, and it was never intended to become that way. That's the entire point of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I agree with Tiger.

The USA was never "Christian" and no nation ever has been.

Some countries like to tack on a religion status, so that's why US has been referred to as a Christian nation. Am I right?

Blitz
Moose Tracks

*Claps lazily*
Ghana is a 'Christian' nation, and we are on the top hundred list of corruption way up.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Um, guys, this might sound kinda obvious, but nations aren't Christians. People are Christians. :P Nations are just nations.
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Gooey is right tho...I don't know how many of you were in the chat when we were debating this, but Tenth said something along those lines that a few of you might find interesting...
Tenth wrote:There cannot be a "Christian Nation", because nations don't have souls.
Idk if that's quoted to perfection, but you get the picture.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Perfectly quoted!

Paula
Peach Cobbler

MissFriendship wrote:Perfectly quoted!
Awwwww...Thank's ;)
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
Happy now?
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

I was at the place where the Bible was presented. You'd think that when a nation is wanting to base themselves on God and His rules people would be happy.. not arguing that "no nation is Christian"...
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

The thing is that nations don't have souls. :P I suppose if the majority of the population is Christian you could call it a Christian nation.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Nations do have souls.. in them. The parliament of PG is founding their beliefs on God's word. If you know about PG's history then this is an AMAZING thing that us Christians should be celebrating that God has started to enter a nation and the people in it. The leaders are basing everything off of the Bible. That should makes us extremely happy and praising God for the change.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

If that's the case, that's a good thing. I don't know a whole lot about the situation there so I guess I'll take your word for it :p and google's
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Haha! Sorry, I got a bit hyped up. But it bothered me that everyone was arguing what a Christian nation was.. haha! They didn't just claim to be one, it's different then that. :)
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Just because the Parliament is basing their beliefs on the Bible doesn't make the Nation a Christian Nation.
Happy now?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So what are some ways the parliament are basing their laws on the Bible?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie