Tradition

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Hmm, this has been a consistent theme for you that we shouldn't take scripture lightly. Can you expand on that? Do you think some of us aren't taking it seriously enough?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

@Pound Foolish

Yes, yes, my wedding will have those elements I am sure. I love beautiful things and my wedding will be no exception. :) I was just pointing out that you can skip all the tradition and still have a marriage occur. And I wear only dresses, so of course I will be wearing one on my wedding day. Just it might not be purchased with a 500 dollar price tag.

@Eleventh

That's up for you to decide. Just giving my opinion. Not sure how else to expand on this... I think everyone should be able to see that if we don't take the scripture seriously, we might fall into compromise.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Of course we should take Scripture seriously but does that mean airing on the side of extreme caution?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Well for me it does...
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Okay, I can respect that conviction as long as it's not an expectation you put on others.

Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

MissFriendship wrote:...it might not be purchased with a 500 dollar price tag.
Yeah, it seems like it is tradition in the U.S. to have expensive, grand, huge weddings. Ugh.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I once read some statistics that couples who chose cheaper weddings often had better marriages.

Eleventh, don't ask me for a source, cause I don't remember where I read it. CNN maybe?

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I believe you, I agree that big expensive weddings don't make sense.

Rosy
Cookie Dough

Mr. Yorp wrote:
MissFriendship wrote:...it might not be purchased with a 500 dollar price tag.
Yeah, it seems like it is tradition in the U.S. to have expensive, grand, huge weddings. Ugh.
*coughcough* $500 wouldn't get you much as far as average wedding dresses. ;)
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

*Ahem ahem* I can make a dress for under 30 dollars.... So guarteened I could make a wedding dress for under 50...

Rosy
Cookie Dough

I was under the impression you were talking about store-bought dresses? Sorry. =P
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

Yeah, some people make their own clothing, as odd as it may seem...
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Some people do but not many, it's odd but odd doesn't mean bad it just means uncommon

Rosy
Cookie Dough

Mr. Yorp wrote:Yeah, some people make their own clothing, as odd as it may seem...
Okay, sorry, we're getting off topic (and it's kinda my fault) but there's no need to be so condescending. I thought Miss Friendship was speaking of store-bought dresses in her original post. That is all.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

underseasie wrote:
Mr. Yorp wrote:Yeah, some people make their own clothing, as odd as it may seem...
Okay, sorry, we're getting off topic (and it's kinda my fault) but there's no need to be so condescending. I thought Miss Friendship was speaking of store-bought dresses in her original post. That is all.
I was actually, and my point was I wouldn't be buying one of those. So yeah, you got the right impression :)

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

underseasie wrote:
There's no need to make such a statement to a girl whose older sister is a seamstress either.

To speak to sewing a dress though, it is getting harder and harder to make a special occasion dress for under $30 with the price of fabric going through the roof. Even if I was going to sew a wedding gown whenever I get married, I doubt I'll be able to get all the fabric and essentials for under $100 at least.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

True Belle. I am talking about a non-occasion dress for under 30.

Uhh, why are we discussing dresses and prices anyway?