Men & Women, Who Should Be Ordained?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

@MF I'm talking about in the church.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

A woman leads us in women's bible studies too. I hope I never implied the women do no teaching... I only meant in church with the men.

That's a good standard to keep. I'd agree. I've seen some crazy things happen to the guys that preach too! Although a yelling heckler, especially when preaching at a college, draws a crowd. So that can be a good thing.

@ Mr. Whits End Well I think I answered that then, didn't I?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

MissFriendship wrote: Although a yelling heckler, especially when preaching at a college, draws a crowd. So that can be a good thing.
Yeah. We noticed. And thank you for clarifying about the teaching. I agree; women should not teach in mixed crowds. But what about not in church, and not in the streets? Like, say, a childrens or teens group?
Last edited by Ashley on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Yeah you did.

I don't understand why it would be OK for women to preach in one meeting but not OK For them to preach in another. Since the Bible says women shouldnt teach in church, wouldn't that apply to all of the meetings and not just your weekly service?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I'd have no problem with that... what kind of revival meeting? We have revival meetings which last all week, with a special speaker. Women wouldn't speak in that...

MWE, the Bible does say that the older women should teach the younger. So I'm talking about women to women meetings.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Mr. Whit's End wrote: I don't understand why it would be OK for women to preach in one meeting but not OK For them to preach in another. Since the Bible says women shouldnt teach in church, wouldn't that apply to all of the meetings and not just your weekly service?
I think the verses that were stated before are talking about your average Sunday service, that would include (Christian) men. Teaching to the unsaved is a different thing. Witnessing is a form of teaching; so The Great Commission is for men only? I don't think so.

I honestly don't know what kind of revival meeting, I don't even know why I wrote that. *edits post*
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I would agree with that too. Witnessing is for everyone. :)

Mandy
Peach Cobbler

At our church during our meetings, only the men preach but the women can pray or share a testimony.

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I believe to preach you should be ordained for the reason of keeping doctrine as clean as possible. And dude can teach but not every one has their doctrine down hence ordaining people.
I do not believe in female preachers simply lower level teachers.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Blitz wrote:I believe to preach you should be ordained for the reason of keeping doctrine as clean as possible. And dude can teach but not every one has their doctrine down hence ordaining people.
I do not believe in female preachers simply lower level teachers.
What do you mean by lower level teachers?!

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Maybe like "sunday school teachers" ?

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Yes etc. You'd be surprised at how many different kind of teachers you can have.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I think that women are allowed to be Sunday School teachers, etc, as it's not teaching the men, and it's also a form of witnessing. You go in to teach Sunday School, where you go under the assumption that the children are unsaved, therefore it's a ministry. (I'm talking about like an under 10ish Sunday School. For a teen SS, I don't know.)
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

So women are only allowed to teach if the person they're teaching isn't saved?

A question I have about that is this: Say there's a women's meeting every week. One woman leads out. Now, all of the women in the class aren't saved. Shouldn't a man teach that meeting since women can't teach saved people?
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Yes and no; it's just that they can't teach [saved] men, as it says in Scripture.

No, because they're teaching other women.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Where does it say they can't teach saved men?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

That answer your question?

I Timothy 2:11-1
"11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What about Romans 16:1-2 "I commend to you Phoebe our sister, who is a deaconess of the church in Cenchrea, that you may receive her in the Lord in a manner worthy of the saints, and assist her in whatever business she has need of you; for indeed she has been a helper of many and of myself also." So wait how could a woman be a deaconess?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

My Bible says this (KJV) So a debate about versions or is there a way to go back to the Greek? a servant and deaconess is a big difference...

"I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also."

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Yep the word in Greek is diakonos