Biblical Inerrancy

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Gods Word is perfect and was written by God Himself so if God meant 300 cubits you better believe it.
Girls just wanna have fun!
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I disagree that it was written directly by God. I think it was inspired but not written directly.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Eleventh Doctor wrote:I disagree that it was written directly by God. I think it was inspired but not written directly.
Of course it was inspired by God; quite a few verses prove that. God simple used people such as Moses to write down what exactly what God wanted. It is Gods Word to man.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

That is the Dictation theory and is one of three main views on how the Bible was inspired. I don't hold to the Dictation theory.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

For one thing, some the books have different styles and some Gospels lack important information provided in others. If God dictated the Bible, he's remarkably inconsistent.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Pound Foolish wrote:For one thing, some the books have different styles and some Gospels lack important information provided in others. If God dictate the Bible, he's remarkably inconsistent.
How so?
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Pound Foolish wrote:For one thing, some the books have different styles and some Gospels lack important information provided in others. If God dictate the Bible, he's remarkably inconsistent.
Each gospel was written for a different purpose. Mark was for the Romans, John to prove the diety of Christ, Matthew to the Jews, Luke to the Greek and to portray Jesus as a man. I believe in plenary verbal inspiration.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

Which is why there are two "different" times given for when Jesus died. Roman time vs. Hebrew time.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Blitz wrote:
Each gospel was written for a different purpose. Mark was for the Romans, John to prove the diety of Christ, Matthew to the Jews, Luke to the Greek and to portray Jesus as a man. I believe in plenary verbal inspiration.
I believe it is inspired by God and that people like Moses wrote what God wanted them to.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I would more say they were inspired by God but not verbal inspiration