Why Do You Think God Created Us?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

MandyStraussberg wrote:Ugh! now everyone thinks i'm this hotheaded know it all! should i even continue in this nice interesting discussions or does everyone want me to stay away from the Soda Shop? :'(
Reading through your posts, I can say that you did not come off as a know-it-all to me, and I doubt that anyone wants you to leave the Soda Shop.

To get back on topic, I think that God might have created us because he enjoys blessing people and seeing them happy by giving them life.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Thanks Novatom but i did delete some of my posts in the debates i was in. and Arnold's stab at me didn't make me feel very welcome! but i forgive you Arnold! :) I guess i will continue in this discussion. I think God created us for a lot of reason but He is ultimately the most important thing in the world which is why i think the main reason for our existance is to bring glory to Jesus. but i'm sure there's lots of other reasons we could come up with too! :)

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I didn't make a "stab" at you, at least not intentionally. And while it's true that some of the debating users (including myself) could be a bit more sensitive to users who aren't as used to debates, you can't just go onto a debating topic, make a post, and then expect not to get any replies (even some that might politely disagree with you or ask you to expand on your beliefs). I am sorry for (unintentionally) hurting your feelings, and I certainly hope you don't feel that people don't want you here, or that ANYONE thinks you're hotheaded (if anything, we were the hotheaded ones). :)
Last edited by ArnoldtheRubberDucky on Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Thanks. i'm okay now. :) i think i'll be fine if i stick to topics that i don't have a decided view on and know more about. :)

I should beware of her.

Jared DeWhite
Strawberry

Created? Evolved! -says 11th
[url=ttps://archive.org/details/OperationNorthwoods]9/11 was an inside job.[/url]
Football is a massive god
Disney is a satanic propaganda spewing company.
Sponsored by iPhone 5nSa
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Don't feed the troll

Bringing glory to God is an oft quoted reason for our creation but does God really need us to bring glory to Him? Also wouldn't that set up His love as conditional since we bring something to the relationship?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Don't feed the troll

Bringing glory to God is an oft quoted reason for our creation but does God really need us to bring glory to Him? Also wouldn't that set up His love as conditional since we bring something to the relationship?
yes we do need to bring glory to him! He wants a people who will lift up His name and be examples to the world of what He is like. God loves us unconditionally. but to have fellowship with him we must do our part. God didn't create us to live our lives out the way we want. He wants a people who are absolutely devoted to Him and His cause.

I should beware of her.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So His love is unconditional but His fellowship is conditional?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Didn't God create man, because He wanted companionship? Also I don't think He created man just to glorify Himself.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Eleventh, you should know that! Its a simple truth. God loves us always, but if we walk away from Him and live in sin, we are out of fellowship with Him. You said yourself sin is something that separates you from God.

-- Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:55 am --

Paula, couldn't God have created us for both purposes? Comapnionship and also so we could glorify Him!
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I was asking it to clarify Mandy's position. I would say that sin is something the separates us from God but I wouldn't say that worship is the reason for our relationship.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

When it comes to God, you can't fully explain with words. So I would say our relationship with Him is worship, companionship and a whole host of other things too. Simplifying it down to one word is impossible...

Mandy?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I would agree those things are part of our relationship with God just not sure that's why He created us.

MandyStraussberg

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Not sure why He created us in the first place...we are such rebellious creatures, and deserve absolutely nothing but wrath from Him.

Mandy J. Straussberg

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

sigh, well I disagree about the wrath part but that's another topic

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Yeah don't start...I don't believe I have ever in my life discussed issues with someone who I disagreed with on almost everything. :)

-- Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:57 am --

The Names of God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NscHCa395-M

Maybe off the subject a bit... but you can't watch this without being amazed at Who we are discussing.

Audrey
Cookies & Creme

To me, the reason God created us is similar to why I play the Sims. I have control over a bunch of tiny humans who basically worship me, even if they don't know I exist. I can make them do anything I want, and act out experiences that could never actually happen in MY world. You get to create things and mess with humans, real or computer generated. Then, after three days, you get bored of it and put it away for ten years. That's when humanity ends.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

I believe God created us to display his glory and for us to glorify him as well. I'm pretty sure he is more devoted to us than you are to your Sims, Audrey. ;)
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Sorry i tried to reply to you Eleventh Doctor but for some reason my post didn't show up. i don't know how i said that our relationship with God is for worship. its for a lot of things. and God created us for a lot of reasons too. i'm only trying to explain why i believe one reason He created us is to bring Him glory. Yes i believe God's love is unconditional. if we turn our back on God, He does not stop loving us but the fellowship we once had with Him is broken. for instance, when Adam and Eve first sinned their close fellowship with God was no more. but we can have fellowship with God when we give our lives to Him and walk in His truth and love. i hope i'm making sense. my mind is muddled by all the different deep subjects i've been thinking on. i hope you dont think i'm saying what Audrey just said cuz i don't agree with that.

I should beware of her.

Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Just to clarify, I was joking. xD
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.