So what does your church do for outreaches?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
FlyingRider
Strawberry

So what does your church do for outreaches?

Well what do you do? Our church does a backpack giveaway and a vbs. We do other things like wednesday night community kids night thingy. And we have missionaries come sometimes....
The cold never bothered me anyway!!!!! ( just kidding i hate snow)
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

We do a backpack give away around August. Vbs. Wednesday night G.L.U.e. for all ages. Missionary services. We did a Biblical Easter egg hunt at Easter. Christmas programs. Ect :)
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

We do stuff like pack hygiene kits for C.A.M We also help out with disaster relief in Jamaica Mexico, and around here!
Proud K.R.E Member
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Our church has three outreach times each week (Teen/Staff, Churchwide, and Bus) where we all go out and do some doorknocking, passing out literature and inviting people to church. Prescribed visits are also made upon request. As seen earlier, we run five buses on Sunday mornings picking up riders, with a van going out on Wednesday night. AWANA is held at our gymnasium in the middle of a low-income neighborhood, so that is an outreach. We have a Christian school to minister to the Christian children of our community, of all denominations. We have special days, such as Round-Up Sunday (or our upcoming monster truck Sunday) to try and get more people in.) Our church also owns a camp that we send our bus kids to free of charge.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

With the church school how many different denominations do you get children from?

Here's a list of ministries for my parish: http://www.stmaryorthodox.org/our-ministries
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Because of the large number of Baptist churches in our area, the majority of ghe students are Baptist. However, we do have several nondenominational children. A number of them don't necessarily go to church, this helping with the whole "outreach" thing. In the past we've had (nominally) Catholic children, and a couple charismatics. Oh, there's Pentecostals, too.

Our kindergarten is cheaper than most daycares in the are, so a lot of people from different backgrounds will send their kids there just for the price.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Blitz
Moose Tracks

We have very few outreaches in the church we go to. Um Awana and witnessing.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
FlyingRider
Strawberry

Cool everyone! Isn't it great seeing God touch people through our outreaches! I love when we have them. The smiles on the kids faces. I was once helping in sunday school and this little girl came up to me ( shes not from the church) and she told me i was pretty and that she loved me. She barely knew me ( she was 6) and apparently i had impacted her last time i helped out.
The cold never bothered me anyway!!!!! ( just kidding i hate snow)
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

During the summer there is a huge outdoor concert in town, so several people from our church go and hand out tracts and stuff. Apparently there's like 15000-20000 there every week, and we hand our about half as many tracts. There is also a kids club on Tuesday nights through the school year. And VBS during the summer.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

FlyingRider wrote:Cool everyone! Isn't it great seeing God touch people through our outreaches! I love when we have them. The smiles on the kids faces. I was once helping in sunday school and this little girl came up to me ( shes not from the church) and she told me i was pretty and that she loved me. She barely knew me ( she was 6) and apparently i had impacted her last time i helped out.
That is so sweet! :D

Our church does AWANA, sometimes has missions trips, and a food pantry. They usually do VBS but didn't this year because things were getting complicated (I'm not totally sure of the reason)

The main thing we focus on is Justice Mission which helps the poor, helps persecuted believers, and has an anti-human trafficking group, with a shop in the church that sells products made by women who were enslaved. I helped with inventory one day and went to the dinner last week where they gave info about it. I could be a cashier but I'm no good at fast-paced kinds of things. Dad helps with the Persecuted Church mission.

I was a supervisor at the 0-5 nursery, but supervising others just doesn't fit me. I'd rather work directly with the kids, anyway. So I got 'demoted' to a volunteer.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Our church helps pack boxes for Feed the Hungry it's lots of fun!

Cool flyingrider!
Proud K.R.E Member