Crossdressing

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

It's interesting that you say it's okay as long as a woman isn't trying to look 'like a man', or the other way around. Again, are we simply going by what our current American society decides for gender identity? What if someone simply likes the clothing style? Aren't they just trying to 'look like' what they like? Is it only okay for women to wear pants because it's become more acceptable in the last few decades?
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Society is friendly to homosexualism...
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

I'd disagree with that. I think society is slowly becoming more accepting of it, but not as a whole. And definitely not in other parts of the world.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

John Henry wrote:You say that Deuteronomy 22:5 is surrounded by ceremonial laws - so it's a ceremonial law. The Sabbath was surrounded by moral laws...
And ergo, it is a moral law. A moral law that was made for man, rather than man being made for the Sabbath. Ever read Matthew 12:1-8?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Wakko
Pistachio

John Henry wrote:Society is friendly to homosexualism...
And this has to do with the current subject how?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

John Henry wrote:Society is friendly to homosexualism...
Exactly. So we can see clearly that societal definitions of marriage and sex are unacceptable, right? So how can we trust that the societal determination for the purposes of pants are any more acceptable? You seem to believe that (according to you, anyway) because pants were created for men by a patriarchal society that they are only meant for men. Aren't you succumbing to ideals of a society?
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Yes, but Crossdressing is abomination to God. Now, man's garment could mean armor. Yes, and you can refer back to an idolatrous custom of crossdressing - women wearing armor, men wearing women's clothes. Therefore, God regards that as abomination.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

He regards idol worship as an abomination, yes, we've covered that. You still haven't answered my question about why we should accept outdated societal definitions of "man's clothes" and "woman's clothes" to forbid women from wearing pants.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

'cause what is regarded as men's clothes?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

That's generally defined by society, isn't it? The society that you lambasted for approving of homosexuality?
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

What about bathroom stick figures?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Established by society, not God. You're telling me that all women should be relegated to wearing skirts because of bathroom stick figures?
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

What is man's and woman's clothes?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I think we both have our own ideas on that.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

John Henry wrote:What is man's and woman's clothes?
Good luck trying to identify all pieces of clothing as either male or female ware. xD

I wear what I think doesn't look feminine. That's how I identify what I wear. I may wear a pink shirt, but that doesn't necessarily make it feminine. I wear what looks good on my person.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Nelson S. wrote:
John Henry wrote:What is man's and woman's clothes?
Good luck trying to identify all pieces of clothing as either male or female ware. xD

I wear what I think doesn't look feminine. That's how I identify what I wear. I may wear a pink shirt, but that doesn't necessarily make it feminine. I wear what looks good on my person.
Mr. Ben Nelson Swanson, nice to meet you.

I thought American kids make fun of every guy who wears pink to school.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Even if all American kids do it (which they do not; pink polo shirts and dress shirts are a popular thing for preppy guys), why should you follow their example?
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

I'm getting confused...they don't do it? Maybe the times have changed from ten years ago...
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Yeah, times tend to do that. And again, even if they did do it then (which they did not), what makes you think that this is at all a way to define what is "manly" rather than a form of bullying by cruel kids who don't know any better than to tear someone else down for being different?
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Half the guys at my school wear pink shirts. And I wear shirts that were once considered boy colors, like blue or black. Who cares?

Anyways, considering I don't really like skirts or dresses all that much, thank goodness that the times have changed and I can wear pants. xD And I don't consider that "crossdressing" at all. Actually, I think this topic should be renamed to something like, "What defines men and women's clothing?" because that's really what this is about, not actual dressing like the opposite gender. d=
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.