The Apparel & Adornment of Women and Men

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Eleventh Doctor wrote:What in your mind is acting like prostitutes? Showing any skin? Including the neck? I mean you have literally said you cannot look at a picture of a woman whose neck is exposed. Do women have to literally cover everything but their face? And why is leaving their face exposed okay? Could that tempt men too?
I must have exaggerated or something. A woman can expose her face and neck. Her hands and arms even to the elbow (though, depending on the case sometimes it is all right to wear shorter sleeves i.e. at home). Her legs even to the knee.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Why is okay to show up to the elbow? What makes that flesh okay but not the upper arm?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

How about dresses or shirts with no sleeves?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

What about them?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

They expose the body - whatcha call the body.
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

So it's okay to expose hands and forearms but not upper arms?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

They expose a part of the arm that is very similar to the lower part of the arm below the elbow that you are fine with being exposed.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

You know the body - such as chest, breasts, shoulders.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

A shirt without sleeves does not expose the chest or breasts.

John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Yes, but it exposes a certain part - though small. Okay you'll say this kind of word again: narrow minded, legalist, legalism, legalistic, Pharisee, scribe, lawyer, hypocrite, law-keeper. Say, how about breast-exposing clothes (though irrelevant to the previous).
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You seem to have gotten all the words, no need to repeat.

Oh so question I asked earlier, what's wrong with dressing like a nun or monk?

John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Eleventh Doctor wrote:You seem to have gotten all the words, no need to repeat.

Oh so question I asked earlier, what's wrong with dressing like a nun or monk?
Not really wrong - there is a good intention behind that. However, I do not want exaggerate God's principles. For instance - the veiling mentioned in 1 Corinthians 11 - I don't think it means real veiling (maybe it did at that time, but not now). Because, the 15th verse tells us that the woman's hair is given to her for a covering.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So if 1 Corinthians 11 meant a real veil but has changed with the time couldn't that mean other parts have changed too?

John Henry
Peach Cobbler

So that means men should cut their hair bald & women put a veil over their heads. Maybe I should emphasize that.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I think you're emphasizing enough already :)

John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Okay, EleventhDoctor I was joking. Man, you never rest in your arguments - you tire a person down(whew!).
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I figured you were joking that's why I added the smiley :) I can be funny from time to time

Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Wait so exposing five or less inches of your back is immodest, JH?
*refers to dancing topic*
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

Spoon wrote:So it's okay to expose hands and forearms but not upper arms?
I think the problem here is the amount of skin you are revealing. One guy told me that sometimes (only sometimes) its not exactly what you're revealing (ex. arms, legs, or belly) but how much you are revealing. He said that when guys see a lot of skin, it often turns them on.
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

So then shorts and a t-shirt would be more inappropriate than pants and a tank top.