What do you think of David J. Stewart and his website?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

What do you think of David J. Stewart and his website?

Really, what do you think of him and his website "Jesus-is-Savior.com"? I think he is strange.
Wakko
Pistachio

This guy came out as a fake. He said he did to mock ultra-conservative Christians.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Did you know that he calls Martin Luther a heretic?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Is Martin Luther a heretic?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

I don't think so.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Why not?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

I'll give them one by one.
1. Max Younce & David J. Stewart says that Luther omitted the 2nd commandment from his catechism. Actually, the truth is he regarded the 1st & 2nd as 1 commandment - as the Catholics & Augustine. Also, even if he did omit them - what good would it do him? He's against the worship of the saints. Also, hypocritical as he (Mr. Stewart) is: David J. Stewart denies the 4th commandment, and says that Keeping the Sabbath is Heresy!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Martin Luther had some strange ideas although.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Yeah, he teaches baptismal regeneration, infant baptism, church & state - yet, he used to be in the Catholic Church. He has some strange remarks in "The Jews and their Lies" and "Let your sins be strong". His later writings are the worst in one of them he opposes a Catholic and uses the word "Devil" 146 times. He uses offensive terms, also. Yet, in those times such language was common - or at least less horrifying than it was now e.g. Martin Luther called Henry VIII "a hellish worm", Henry VIII called Luther "A Wolf of Hell". Pope Leo called luther "A Son of Belial". So such terms were more common then. Yet, it's true a good man is not without his errors.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What is good about Luther in your opinion?

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Well the Pope and Henry the 8 were still Catholic. Despite the fact that Henry the 8th dumped the Catholic church, He was largely Catholic afterwards. Except he disliked saint worship.
Debate Vampire

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

An important part of being Catholic is being in communion with the Pope of Rome.

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Thus he created his own Catholic rip off religion.
Debate Vampire

jehoshaphat
Cookies & Creme

I dont think I have ever met someone who likes or even supports saint worship.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Do you worship the saints? And if so Why? Does the Holy Scriptures tell us about it? I think it forbids worshipping angels.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Jehoshaphat doesn't worship the Saints. I think everyone would agree that we shouldn't worship angels.

John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Really? I thought he was Catholic (no offense to the Catholics).
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

He is Catholic, they do not worship Saints.

John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Really? That's unusual...I thought all Roman Catholics worshipped the saints.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Nope, you were mistaken. But now you know the truth.