God's Not Dead

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
f100
Vanilla

God's Not Dead

so what do you think about the new movieGODs not Dead should aio try to make an episode like it :jason
Mara
Pistachio

I have not seen it yet, but I've heard really good things about it! I think my family might go see it tonight.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

The movie based on a chain email that was originally a Jack Chick tract. I personally would have called the movie Professor Strawman.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

It sounds really good, and I want to see it soon! :D
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Batgirl
Cookies & Creme

I got to see it yesterday, you guys need to see it. It kicked butt xD
"Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket, and sometimes the best tea cup is chipped."
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

wow, i gotta see it! it looks awesome! if i were that kid, as soon as he said (in the trailer) "god is dead" i would have gotten up, yelled at him, say "im sorry, but i cannot participate in your class", walked out the door and slammed it!

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What a great witness that would have been.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I haven't seen it, but most likely will someday.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

11th, then it is a good thing it hasn't happened yet XD

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
vickygreen48
Strawberry

That movie is AMAZING!!! Love it soooo much!!!! (I actually just watched it yesterday)

The only part that could have been better is the ending, they should have ended it better.

If u haven't seen this movie u should watch it. It's a great family movie so you can watch it with your parents as well!
Connie: someone may need to slap me
Eugene: are u asking for a volunteer? ...
Connie: how is he?... no no wait i may need to sit down... no no i should stay on my feet, will someone catch me if i pass out?
Eugene: before or after we slap you
-Album 58 The Ties That Bind Part 10
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Good, yes, in the sense that it was entertaining yet thought provoking and inspirational. However, the characters are disappointing. The good guys are virtually flawless, while the baddies have no redeeming qualities. That's terrible storytelling. Plus, it's one of those fluffy movies where everything works out for the good guy because he's the nicey-nice Christ lover. That just reinforces the emotional, cushy stereotype of Christian movies. It would be fine if it was less common, but it seems every Christian fiction movie has such a Pollyanna ending. Wow, I sound like I hated that movie. As I said, overall, it's an enjoyable watch, and I'm definitely glad I saw it, and I would like to see it again. It's just there's a lot of things wrong with it.

NOTE TO GOOD DOCTOR: Where did you hear it's inspired by Jack Chick? that's interesting.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I say inspired by Jack Chick because it's clearly based on this tract: http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0055/0055_01.asp

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Fascinating. You're probably right. Though, frankly, I'm shocked by the intelligence of that comic. Mostly, it scientifically accurate, not to mention amusing. Theologically, it steps into Unbiblical ideas at the end. But that was quite good. I know, I know, I just said a Jack Chick track was good. The guy who thinks Catholic priests lie that we need to pay money to smuggle the deceased out of purgatory wrote a good comic.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I agree with Pound Foolish on the movie. I enjoyed it, but there were several parts where I cringed.

I skimmed over the Chick tract, but it seemed fairly standard to me. Did I miss something that linked it more clearly to the movie?
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I was saying this tract and that Professor and Christian email that make the rounds in Evangelical circles share a lot of common themes, anti-academia and this ridiculous notion that some college freshman will totally destroy their college professors views via old Evangelical talking points.

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Ah, okay. They did share a lot of common themes. I thought that you were saying the movie was literally and directly based off of the tract.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
vickygreen48
Strawberry

Pound Foolish wrote:Good, yes, in the sense that it was entertaining yet thought provoking and inspirational. However, the characters are disappointing. The good guys are virtually flawless, while the baddies have no redeeming qualities. That's terrible storytelling. Plus, it's one of those fluffy movies where everything works out for the good guy because he's the nicey-nice Christ lover. That just reinforces the emotional, cushy stereotype of Christian movies. It would be fine if it was less common, but it seems every Christian fiction movie has such a Pollyanna ending. Wow, I sound like I hated that movie. As I said, overall, it's an enjoyable watch, and I'm definitely glad I saw it, and I would like to see it again. It's just there's a lot of things wrong with it.

NOTE TO GOOD DOCTOR: Where did you hear it's inspired by Jack Chick? that's interesting.
I'm not sure what your getting at? Ok... I agree all Christian movie have some happy ending one way or another but I do think that movie was one of the best Christian movies I've seen. And believe me, I've seen many Christian movies in my lifetime that r worse than this one.
Connie: someone may need to slap me
Eugene: are u asking for a volunteer? ...
Connie: how is he?... no no wait i may need to sit down... no no i should stay on my feet, will someone catch me if i pass out?
Eugene: before or after we slap you
-Album 58 The Ties That Bind Part 10
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What made this movie so good?

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Is it available on Amazon Prime? If it's not, I probably won't watch it, because my family only has amazon prime.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Please note: I have not watched this movie. I have heard about it (here and other places) and while browsing AnswersinGenesis I found this review. It may be helpful, maybe not. I did see the trailer.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates