Do you play on the computer on Sunday?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.

I play on the computer on Sundays.
42%
I do not play on the computer on Sunday.
19%
Somtimes I do Somtimes I don't.
38%

Total votes: 26

dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

What do you think about playing on the computer on Sunday? Is it wrong? Maybe it's a family rule.
I would like to see what other people think.

Can we please discuss this without namecalling and meaness?.
Last edited by dolphinlovr4ever on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

Well, I do, I don't see a problem with it
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

What do you mean by "playing"?
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Hmm. Honestly, I don't have any issue with using or playing a computer on any day of the week. It's an excellent idea to give it up on Sunday, but that's certainly not mandated by the Bible. To answer your original question, it is not wrong to play the computer on Sundays. If your parents tell you not to use a computer on Sundays, using a computer would be wrong because you are disobeying your parents, not because all computer usage is wrong on Sundays.

I would also like to point out that we use computers every day, somehow, in this age. It would be extremely difficult for the average American to go an entire day without using any form of technology and still lead a "normal" life.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

By playing I mean anything not worthwhile. THe only Problem there is that means the SS isn't that worthwhile :roll: :roll: :roll:
Oliver
Cookies & Creme

I think it's fine to play on the computer on Sunday but my mom won't let me...so some of you on the ToO chat probably saw that I had stopped coming on on Sundays so that would be my mom's rule. but seriously I think it's fine to use the computer on Sunday.
LOTR IS AWESOME
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

There's nothing in the Bible that's against playing on the computer on Sundays, so it would have to be up to your conscience and what your parents say.
jehoshaphat
Cookies & Creme

I don't play games or use most technology on Sundays because Sundays are a day of rest meeant to be spent with your family not staring at the screen.
Mara
Pistachio

jehoshaphat wrote:I don't play games or use most technology on Sundays because Sundays are a day of rest meeant to be spent with your family not staring at the screen.
Our family does the same thing.
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

well, I do play on the computer on sunday, i if have time that is, I get home from school at about 4:30, and then tons of homewrok and such. but I do NOT play during the sabbath, meaning mostly on saturday no, but only after the sun goes down, and on friday after it goes down, i dont.
But its not an issue like God forbids it or something, It only matters where your heart is, and my family (i do too as part) wants to keep the sabbath holy and just respecting God's day of rest.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!