do you think men should wear pants?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Leetastic
Vanilla

Guys can have good lookin' legs, too.

SKIRTS FOR EVERYONE.
"You cannot erase God with an edict!"
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Oliver wrote:
Renae wrote:*snorts* Umm...are you sure you want to make that statement? :/
umm ya..*snorts* are you sure you wanted to say that to me?
Whoa... O.o Back down, Missy...

-----------

I found this verse in Deuteronomy:
~Deuteronomy 22:5~
"A woman must not wear men's clothes, nor a man wear womens clothes, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this."

Now, I don't think this is a conversation that can be debated. God convicts different people in different matters. Some conservative and some less conservative.
~1 Corinthians 10:23-24~
"Everything is permissible"-but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"-but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

Who defines what men's and women's clothes are?
Formerly Christian A. :)
Jeremiah 13:23
Ezekiel 36:26-27
Ephesians 2:4-10

God has done the impossible! He has, in effect, changed a leopard's spots into stripes! He turned me, one who was accustomed to do evil, into one who can walk in good works! He brought me to life from the dead and gave me His Spirit, in order to cause me to walk in His statutes! He has totally changed me, and it is all for His glory!
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Christian A. wrote:Who defines what men's and women's clothes are?
Good question. :P

It's also odd to think about, because we were never meant to wear clothes anyway...
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

I think a lot of it has to do with this fact: not only are the body's of men and women created differently, but also males and females are wired (internally) in different ways.
I think it is very narrow minded of someone to say that men and women both have legs and therefore they should follow the same rules in modesty and dress. This argument has only one major premise and is not using correct logic.

Like I said men and women have different forms (yes...even in legs. Lots of things involve muscle. If men had the same leg muscle and form as women do, they would be as weak as we are and not able to do many of the things they are able to do). However I shall not go into detail on this because if you choose to be ignorant to this fact, that remains and will always remain your problem.

Moving on to the difference in the inside wiring of males and females. Picture this (or maybe you shouldn't :? ) : If a girl in some super duper tight pants walks down the street, she will attract the eyes of almost all the males walking down the same street and will cause them to sin as they look lustfully at her. However...if a man walks down a street wearing pants that are just as tight as they were on said woman, what would naturally follow (and I say naturally because there can be exceptions due to some thwarted minds) he will not cause any person to sin by making them look lustfully at him and his legs. The only thing that would happen in this case would be the wierdoutisation of the on lookers.

My point: Though I am all together FOR PANTS ( I love love love them, and wear them to soo many activities) I do not think that this question should ever be used to further the universal acceptation of women wearing pants.
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

If men had the same leg muscle and form as women do, they would be as weak as we are and not able to do many of the things they are able to do). However I shall not go into detail on this because if you choose to be ignorant to this fact, that remains and will always remain your problem.
And if you choose to go around spreading ignorant stereotypes about gender that will always be your problem.

You're honestly saying women don't lust after men's bodies? (Except in odd cases)
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Renae
Fudge Marble

Eleventh Doctor wrote:And if you choose to go around spreading ignorant stereotypes about gender that will always be your problem.

You're honestly saying women don't lust after men's bodies? (Except in odd cases)
Ok, I am basing my judgments after the way I work. Maybe that's not right the right way to do it (as I might be the odd ball out of all human beings), but I have NEVER lusted after a guy due to the fact that he was wearing pants or because of the tightness of the pants. Maybe this has happened to you, and in that case I should change my argument, agreed.

However, please don't twist my words. I did not "honestly say that women don't lust after men's bodies." Not once in my entire post.
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Renae wrote:
Eleventh Doctor wrote:And if you choose to go around spreading ignorant stereotypes about gender that will always be your problem.

Ok, I am basing my judgments after the way I work. Maybe that's not right the right way to do it (as I might be the odd ball out of all human beings), but I have NEVER lusted after a guy due to the fact that he was wearing pants or because of the tightness of the pants. Maybe this has happened to you, and in that case I should change my argument, agreed.

However, please don't twist my words. I did not "honestly say that women don't lust after men's bodies." Not once in my entire post.

Renae, i have agreed with almost everything you have said. And think about this peoples, Most people if they saw a guy wearing a skirt, well umm they would think that guy was Well um well um well um.......................You know...............g...........a...............y.............

Plus Oliver, have you ever worn a dress? I mean guys would not be able to do their work very well in a dress....

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Most people if they saw a guy wearing a skirt, well umm they would think that guy was Well um well um well um.......................You know...............g...........a...............y.............
ImageTotally gay
Plus Oliver, have you ever worn a dress? I mean guys would not be able to do their work very well in a dress....
Yeah I mean look to history, men have always worn pants and never worn anything else. They've never worn tunics or robes while doing hard work.
You wrote:he will not cause any person to sin by making them look lustfully at him and his legs.
You stand by this statement? Because to me, that seems to be saying that men don't cause lustful thoughts. Which is just untrue.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Renae
Fudge Marble

Eleventh Doctor wrote: You stand by this statement? Because to me, that seems to be saying that men don't cause lustful thoughts. Which is just untrue.
Like I said in my previous post that addressed this question (not sure if you actually caught that post or are purposefully ignoring it..however I shall repeat myself for your sake).
I would not be caused to sin by looking lustfully at a man wearing pants (tight or not).
I wrote:he will not cause any person to sin by making them look lustfully at him and his legs.
What you think I wrote: men don't cause lustful thoughts.
Reading both these sentences over and over... I still can not see why you think they are they same thing. I said that in a natural case (judging by myself), a woman would not be caused to lust after a man because (and only because) of his pants and/or their tightness. You think I am saying that a man cannot in any case cause a woman to lust. Please show me where you find this in my quote.
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Just to clarify, Renae, you're saying that you yourself don't lust after dudes with tight pants, but you're not saying that women in general don't lust after men with tight pants, right? :)
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Renae
Fudge Marble

Metal15 wrote:Just to clarify, Renae, you're saying that you yourself don't lust after dudes with tight pants, but you're not saying that women in general don't lust after men with tight pants, right? :)
Ok, so I thought (when I wrote that post) that is was women in general, because was basing that off of myself, however I'm starting to think that it might be otherwise. Maybe it is just me :|
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I think you have a great deal of self restraint but having talked to other women I would say that is not the general case. Look at our advertising and popular culture, a pleasing male form can be just as lustful as a pleasing female form. So if the argument is that pants by their very nature generate lust then men should not wear them either. But unless we want to go around wearing burkas, both genders need to learn self restraint instead of placing all the blame on the opposite gender for tempting them.

Oliver
Cookies & Creme

Renae wrote:I think a lot of it has to do with this fact: not only are the body's of men and women created differently, but also males and females are wired (internally) in different ways.
I think it is very narrow minded of someone to say that men and women both have legs and therefore they should follow the same rules in modesty and dress. This argument has only one major premise and is not using correct logic.

Like I said men and women have different forms (yes...even in legs. Lots of things involve muscle. If men had the same leg muscle and form as women do, they would be as weak as we are and not able to do many of the things they are able to do). However I shall not go into detail on this because if you choose to be ignorant to this fact, that remains and will always remain your problem.

Moving on to the difference in the inside wiring of males and females. Picture this (or maybe you shouldn't :? ) : If a girl in some super duper tight pants walks down the street, she will attract the eyes of almost all the males walking down the same street and will cause them to sin as they look lustfully at her. However...if a man walks down a street wearing pants that are just as tight as they were on said woman, what would naturally follow (and I say naturally because there can be exceptions due to some thwarted minds) he will not cause any person to sin by making them look lustfully at him and his legs. The only thing that would happen in this case would be the wierdoutisation of the on lookers.

My point: Though I am all together FOR PANTS ( I love love love them, and wear them to soo many activities) I do not think that this question should ever be used to further the universal acceptation of women wearing pants.
thank you for saying that about me, Renae...
@Sing, women work too.
@doctor, that last thing you said..I TOTALLY AGREE!
LOTR IS AWESOME
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Just wanted to note something I've noticed..first off, there is a difference between tight pants, and modest pants.

I don't feel that tight pants are appropriate, on guys or girls. However, pants that are not super tight, I believe are modest and fine and both guys and gals.

And I also think kilts look cool.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Renae
Fudge Marble

Eleventh Doctor wrote:I think you have a great deal of self restraint but having talked to other women I would say that is not the general case. Look at our advertising and popular culture, a pleasing male form can be just as lustful as a pleasing female form. So if the argument is that pants by their very nature generate lust then men should not wear them either. But unless we want to go around wearing burkas, both genders need to learn self restraint instead of placing all the blame on the opposite gender for tempting them.
You say I have a great deal of self restraint, but the very reason why I assumed (wrongly, agreed) that women do not lust after men because of their pants was because it takes absolutely NO restraint for me not to do so. Does that make sense? :?
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

In the Bible it says if a male put on a woman's garment its a sin...I can't remember where it's found..
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

If you would read over the comments in this thread you would see that we're discussing what makes something a male or female garment. Why are pants a male garment? Why are skirts or dresses a female garment?

Leetastic
Vanilla

Not to mention that was the old Levitical Law... really people. If we're using that as a basis for women not wearing pants, or 'men's clothing', why do we not still ceremonially wash ourselves before a meal?
"You cannot erase God with an edict!"
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Well, you are supposed to wash your hands before you eat...
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)