Is it wrong for women to wear pants?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.

Women wearing pants?

Yes, its fine
76%
No
11%
I dont care
8%
I am not sure
No votes
I guess so
4%

Total votes: 72

Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

gabbygirl17 wrote:
Eleventh Doctor wrote:As far as Romans what would you say to Joy's question? What if all the women in the world wore skirts? should Christian women wear pants/jeans just so they can look different, not conform to the world, and "stand out"?

What I would say about Deuteronomy is this: do you wear tassels on your clothes that are made of only one type of fabric?

@Aaron, but I thought all good Christian girls wore denim jumpers? I'm so confused :P

You would do whatever the Bible says! The Bible says NOT to wear mens clothes! Pants. are. mens. clothes.
WOAH, this isn't even in my Bible (the one with fictional books that talk about denim). Who are you to say that pants are men's clothes?
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Jimmy Barclay
Caramel Crunch

gabbygirl17 wrote:
Jimmy Barclay wrote:Lol, I didn't see that. In the time it took me to write my post there was 10 more replies lol. I'm not judging you for your convictions, in fact I commend you for standing up to what you believe.

Haha yeah there was alot of posting here! its fine! Thanks but I feel bad for having people think I was trying to force me beliefs lol.
No hard feelings, :P Basically even as you were defending your beliefs, we were defending ours ;)

Jimmy Barclay: Faithful companion of Drama Queen, aka Renae.

"And besides, it's salmon patty and broccoli night.......yulghth"
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I spent half and hour typing out a response and in the time I did, a new page was added to this topic. :P

So, yeah, I pretty much agree with what Jimmy and Joy are saying.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Jimmy Barclay wrote:
gabbygirl17 wrote:
Jimmy Barclay wrote:Lol, I didn't see that. In the time it took me to write my post there was 10 more replies lol. I'm not judging you for your convictions, in fact I commend you for standing up to what you believe.

Haha yeah there was alot of posting here! its fine! Thanks but I feel bad for having people think I was trying to force me beliefs lol.
No hard feelings, :P Basically even as you were defending your beliefs, we were defending ours ;)

Yeah I understand! It's sorda hard for me to though when I am the only person defending my belief lol! :lol:
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Jimmy Barclay
Caramel Crunch

Yes, I suppose it is. All of us should just accept each other's differences and go on, lol. There are definitely issues that are a definite "Right or Wrong" but this doesn't seem to be one of them. I hate to use the cliche verse, but God does look on the inside. :D

SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I find it funny that I don't understand what you mean by "I'm a pastors daughter" LOL (I actually do) I am a pastor's daughter, but he pastor's a small country church where you'd very rarely find most of the woman/girls wearing dresses and skirts. I literally own only two dresses and about 3-5 skirts. I don't find anything wrong with dresses, skirts, or pants. I just find pants the most comfortable. I do wear guy clothes, but that is only for acting. And I have to buy guy swim shorts and a swim shirt for swimming because of the immodest styles women have. I think it doesn't matter what people are wearing as long as it's modest and doesn't look too much like the other gender's clothing. And I don't think pants are considered immodest for girls.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Gabby Girl, that wasn't meant as an insult, it's not that your thread is boring. It's just... to Catholics especially, it's rather amusing when this kind of thing pops up. Women shouldn't be allowed to wear pants? Seriously? Would it be better if they went around without them? Hee hee, sorry... No I'm not.
Anyhow, I have another thing to say after-all.
HA HA HA! Oh wow...
As Eleventh Doctor pointed out, if we followed the Bible's directions on how to dress (and nobody does, including you Jimmy and Gabby) we'd look awful silly. The Bible never meant all it's rules to last through the ages. Divorce, for example, is now morally out the window.
Therefor, it's logically insupportable that women need to obey clearly outmoded rules in the Bible. They are meaningful in context, but not if we apply them word for word to our lives. Yet many women not only believe the lie that they need to accept these rules, but thrive on them and are enthusiastic about them.
But if the rules are still to obeyed, well then...
"Leviticus
12:2 *

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. "

Hmm. It looks like your mom needs is overdue to spend a llllot of time alone.
"Now if a man lies carnally with a woman who is a slave acquired for another man, but who has in no way been redeemed nor given her freedom, there shall be punishment; they shall not, however, be put to death, because she was not free." (Leviticus 19:20)
So, not only does this verse not at all condemn slavery (so it's okay to have slaves) and you have a "carnal" time with her and she belongs to someone else, then you get banged up but it's not as bad as doing it with a free girl! Oh no. Taking advantage of a girl even more after making her your slave isn't as bad! And you you can have "carnal" relations with her no prob as long as you're the one who "acquired her." Awesome. Go out a get a girl-slave. Speaking of girl slaves...
"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go free as the male slaves do."
(Exodus 21:7)
Of course not. Why on earth would females have equal rights to guys?
This could go on and on and on. But for crying out loud, it's obvious tons of rules about women have been discarded, and should be. If men treated women as they are instructed in the Bible...
Women. Would Be. Treated. Like. Animals.
Wake up. Some rules change. God never wanted imperfect rules in an imperfect world to last. And the idea that sexist rules should stay is freekin junk.
Girls are worth as much as men. Likely more. Some rules in the Bible show us only how horrible things can be. God shows us how things should be.
“You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:26-28)

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/God-Bible-s ... z2Qez0w0xt
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

I was just wondering what people thought of women and pants....we wear skirts bc there modest
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

PF, it might be wise to edit your post just a teeeny bit.

Don't worry gabby, it's fine. Wearing skirts is a personal choice, that's great for you! Don't think you shouldn't wear skirts! It's a personal choice, a preference, a very good choice!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

That's true. Girls look cute in skirts. It's just not wrong for them not to. However, yes, if skirts is your style Gabby, for it!
Yes, Joy, I should edit it... but I'm sure Blondie will for me if she has a bone to pick with it. Is there anything in particular you think might be too much? Nothing I said elaborated much on the scriptural text. But I do go overboard, I'm not known for putting things gently.
By the way Joy, you've said some of the smartest things, as usual. (I'm finding you're a very smart girl.) As you say, yes, girl's shouldn't dress like guys (unless it's a party and you're Abraham Lincoln) but jeans aren't guy clothes.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

*flips hair and smiles*
Why thank you!
I have the tendency not to present my point....well, not too well, along with contradicting myself, so I'm glad I did okay. I will say, I'm pretty good for my age, but honestly, things work better in my head then in writing/typing.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Just to add so people dont think I wear mini skirts (haha!) My skirts are below my knees! :D I guess I am used to wearing skirts bc my school's uniform is a skirt lol.

Anyway yeah Joy I can have the same problem sometime! Haha PF going to party and being Abraham Lincoln....wow ;)
Jimmy Barclay
Caramel Crunch

Pound Foolish wrote:Gabby Girl, that wasn't meant as an insult, it's not that your thread is boring. It's just... to Catholics especially, it's rather amusing when this kind of thing pops up. Women shouldn't be allowed to wear pants? Seriously? Would it be better if they went around without them? Hee hee, sorry... No I'm not.
Anyhow, I have another thing to say after-all.
HA HA HA! Oh wow...
As Eleventh Doctor pointed out, if we followed the Bible's directions on how to dress (and nobody does, including you Jimmy and Gabby) we'd look awful silly.
Did I ever say I was dressing according to the Bible directions? My point was that it's a personal preference. I gave mine, and in no way did I say that my preferences/convictions were the "right" ones.
I was simply giving my opinion.
I expect and encourage everyone to give theirs, unless it's clearly unbiblical people have the right to come to their own conclusions.

NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

gabbygirl17 wrote:Just to add so people dont think I wear mini skirts (haha!) My skirts are below my knees! :D I guess I am used to wearing skirts bc my school's uniform is a skirt.
I also feel more comfortable in skirts and dresses. (I also don't wear skirts above the knee... O.o ) I wear basketball short to swim in though, and to play soccer in, not every thing can be done modestly in skirt... (try climbing trees in a skirt... or don't.) But it's a personal conviction, like I personally will not kiss a guy before I'm married to him... not that the Bible says it's wrong per sa, but I feel it's wrong.

So do you wear pants to sleep in, or night gowns? (I hope that's not to personal.... if you feel it is, then you by all means you do not have to answer.)

I also agree with the others, I think it fine if women wear modest pant, and I think it's okay for girls to wear guy swim shorts, and obviously basketball shorts, as long as they do it with a pure heart, and it's modest. :mrgreen: but personally I don't wear pants either. ;) I much prefer my little pink tutus and long sky blue gowns, to jeans and tees ;)
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Tutus! Yes!
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

Pound Foolish wrote:Tutus! Yes!
LOL! This made my day! *dies laughing*
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

NinjaThrowingStar wrote:
gabbygirl17 wrote:Just to add so people dont think I wear mini skirts (haha!) My skirts are below my knees! :D I guess I am used to wearing skirts bc my school's uniform is a skirt.
I also feel more comfortable in skirts and dresses. (I also don't wear skirts above the knee... O.o ) I wear basketball short to swim in though, and to play soccer in, not every thing can be done modestly in skirt... (try climbing trees in a skirt... or don't.) But it's a personal conviction, like I personally will not kiss a guy before I'm married to him... not that the Bible says it's wrong per sa, but I feel it's wrong.

So do you wear pants to sleep in, or night gowns? (I hope that's not to personal.... if you feel it is, then you by all means you do not have to answer.)

I also agree with the others, I think it fine if women wear modest pant, and I think it's okay for girls to wear guy swim shorts, and obviously basketball shorts, as long as they do it with a pure heart, and it's modest. :mrgreen: but personally I don't wear pants either. ;) I much prefer my little pink tutus and long sky blue gowns, to jeans and tees ;)

Yeah to swim mostly shorts (like the long shorts lol) I wear both to bed....Mostly pants tho because it's night time, it's not out in public. ;)
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

I'd like to change my argument:
I think it's sinful for woman to wear any sort of lower covering at all. Females should only wear shirts.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Aaron Wiley wrote:I'd like to change my argument:
I think it's sinful for woman to wear any sort of lower covering at all. Females should only wear shirts.
My eyebrows have a new record for how high they can go up.....
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I'm with you GG lol I think they almost hit my hair line!

I'm very sorry to have missed this discussion :(. But here I am now! (I must put in my two cents hehe)

I don't see anything wrong with jeans. If done modestly. I see girls who walk around with TIGHT jeans that have holes going up their entire legs... I don't think that's right. But I don't see anything wrong with wearing jeans if done modestly.

I personally don't like skirts (GASP)... I'm a very German girl, therefore stocky... My legs chaff, therefore making skirts a nightmare for me (pardon my openness boys haha)! I only wear them when I have to. But I always enjoy seeing others who wear them! To be honest, I would love to wear them all the time! I do feel they are a lot more feminine than jeans. But I don't (for the reasons above.)

I think it's great that you wear skirts all the time Gabby! (and Allie ;)) More power to you!
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:But it's a personal conviction, like I personally will not kiss a guy before I'm married to him... not that the Bible says it's wrong per sa, but I feel it's wrong.
I really liked what you said there, Allie. Wearing skirts full time is a personal conviction. Just like purity and saving my first kiss is really important to me. We all have different focuses. Different convictions.

(Just out of curiosity Gabby, is your family Vision Forum?)