The Rapture..

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I'm not sure I understand your stance on this issue, do you believe the Rapture will occur?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Nor do I get your stance. I believe he come half way because of the tribulation to follow.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

I believe the rapture will happen, but during the tribulation.

http://grandpappy.org/[censored].htm
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

11th Dr: I know this one's a little while ago but I've decided the second coming is not the rapture. It is when Christ comes to signal the millennium, if you believe in that.
Girls just wanna have fun!
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I don't. So the rapture will still occur it just won't be the Second Coming?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Right. I'm sorry I was unclear about That in earlier posts. I believe the rapture can take place anytime.
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Yep, the second coming. Not the rapture

Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

That is the rapture...
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I disagree

Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

Did you read the article?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

No, the link doesn't work. Did you read all of the posts in this thread?

-- Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:14 pm --

Still not working

Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

Go to: http://grandpappy.org/
click Bible and Prophecies
Click the rapture
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

"The word "rapture" was chosen a long time ago by Bible scholars to refer to the event when Jesus returns to the earth to claim all those who have faith in Him." When? When was that word chosen?

I disagree with this person that those verses refer to the Rapture and not the Second Coming.

Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

There is a rapture and a 2nd coming. Please believe in God before the rapture!
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Umm, are you suggesting I don't believe in God?

If there's a Rapture won't Christ's next time be the third coming?

Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Umm, are you suggesting I don't believe in God?

If there's a Rapture won't Christ's next time be the third coming?
No! I'm not suggesting that! I meant that towards unbelievers!
No. God isn't coming to earth, we are meeting him in the air
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So technically Christ isn't coming since He doesn't touch down?

Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Eleventh Doctor wrote:So technically Christ isn't coming since He doesn't touch down?
Technically not.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I find that to be a silly technicality. Christ is coming back and when He does that's it, He doesn't just come in the air and that doesn't count.