The Rapture..

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Eleventh Doctor wrote:I find that to be a silly technicality. Christ is coming back and when He does that's it, He doesn't just come in the air and that doesn't count.
There's another reason. Christ is coming back for all believers that time. The first and second coming is when he comes back for all people.
Girls just wanna have fun!
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

That would be the second and third coming then and I don't see the third coming in Scripture.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

Eleventh Doctor wrote:That would be the second and third coming then and I don't see the third coming in Scripture.
Me neither.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So what is the Rapture? The Second Coming dress rehearsal?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

I find it funny that you don't believe in the rapture because people don't have historical documents from a few hundred years ago, and Darwin created his Origin of Species around the same time.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Darwin is just one part of the theory of evolution, some of these discoveries were only possible due to recent archaeological and paleontology discoveries. Where as the Bible has been around for much longer without the rapture being written about.

Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Darwin is just one part of the theory of evolution, some of these discoveries were only possible due to recent archaeological and paleontology discoveries. Where as the Bible has been around for much longer without the rapture being written about.
Darwins "discoveries" was actually limited to his imagination.
Why would I change my beliefs simply because I find that others didn't write about it 1000 years ago?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Good thing the theory of evolution isn't based solely on Darwin then.

You can hold to what belief you want, for me though it seems unusual this obvious doctrine went unnoticed for so many centuries.

Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Good thing the theory of evolution isn't based solely on Darwin then.

You can hold to what belief you want, for me though it seems unusual this obvious doctrine went unnoticed for so many centuries.
Well, I'm glad that isn't your only hope.
Ok, I'm gonna stick to my belief, but people are so often wrong, so I'm gonna stick with 2nd Thessalonians.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Go ahead and stick to your interpretation of 2nd Thessalonians.

Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Go ahead and stick to your interpretation of 2nd Thessalonians.
I will.
If you don't take the creation account literally, how do you know the story of Moses and the Hebrews is literal? It's in the same book....it would effect a lot today.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

It's actually in Exodus not Genesis. But how would it effect us today if Exodus was more figurative?

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Darwin is just one part of the theory of evolution, some of these discoveries were only possible due to recent archaeological and paleontology discoveries.
So what exactly is this "evidence" for evolution?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You've been down this road with Sixth Doctor. I'd say similar things to him.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You mentioned "archaeological" discoveries. I'm wondering what that exactly is... I know some evolutionists often point to fossils and rock layers in the ground as proof of evolution, when really that is just evidence of the flood. So do you believe the flood was involved in some of this or not?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

The flood couldn't explain all of the rock and fossil layers, since a flood doesn't lay down layers of rock but instead altars the current layer. I believe the flood was involved in shaping our current geographical reality but that it in no way explains all of the rock and fossil layers in existence.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You're forgetting that "the fountains of the great deep" were broken up in the flood. This means the crust of the earth was cracked. When that happens many things happen, including the release of lava. This is what happens in a volcano, but on a much larger scale. Lava rushing down a mountain slope would suddenly bury large amounts of flora and fauna – that’s just the right criterion for fossilization. And the same thing happened in the flood, which explains many of the layers we see. Mt. Saint Helens is a good example of tons of rock layers created in a short time.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Source? I've heard this before about the fountains of the great deep but what evidence is there for that happening?

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Okay if this is so obvious as this book makes it out to be why hasn't it been accepted by scientific institutions and publications? Is there some grand anti-Christian conspiracy? I'm not a scientist so I have no idea whether that science is sound or not but a five minute Google search of the author of the book turns up a pretty thorough refutation of the book: http://ncse.com/cej/9/1/examination-res ... lter-brown and the fact that even other Creationist are skeptical of Doctor Brown's fountains of the deep theory.