Catholic/Protestant/Anabaptist

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Well it's good to know that Luther is infallible enough to decide which Bible to use by himself, remind me of what other religious leader is infallible and can make decisions by himself?

Edit: I realize you may not be defending Luthers actions, thank you for the article.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I don't know if I am defending Luther or not. However, I doubt Luther really worked alone in the first place.... And also, I believe Luther was questioning everything the Catholics believed, so it makes sense that he would ask the Jews what their canon was. And another thing...even you call them "less Canonical."
xo eht haiasi-
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Okay well technically the pope doesn't work alone either, so what do you think of Luther and whoever you think might have worked with him deciding what the Biblical canon would be?

Also if they can do that does that mean another group in the future could work out a different Biblical canon?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

We've touched on this before, and I've said I do not know.

But, as I said in my post before, the Jewish canon from AD 90 and after was the OT that Protestant Bibles have now. Luther wasn't just deciding what he liked or not, he was looking at the Jewish source.
xo eht haiasi-
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Actually the Masoretic Text, which the Protestant Bibles uses, wasn't finalized until at least the 7th if not 10th century AD. Luther picked A Jewish source not THE Jewish source. He was picking which one he liked.