Prayer requests!

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm sorry, Godsgirl...she's a cute little dog, thats a shame.
I'll be praying for your youth pastor as well, Ghana.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I'm sorry for you Godsgirl, though I am a little late. Our last dog got a brain tumor and had horrible seizures. It's a really tough thing to go through. I will be remembering your family in my prayers.

Oh, and my triathlon is tommorrow. I get to sleep way in, all the way to 4:30! (the thing doesn't even start till 8!) then, I'll do a quarter mile swim, 15 mile bike, and a 3 mile run. It's a bit of a family thing, as my mother is training for the Ironman, my sister will do the short triathlon with me, and my little brother will do a 3 mile run on the same day. Thank you for your prayers!
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I overheard an old guy at my church say that he is going to have open heart surgery in a few days and asked who he was talking to to pray for him. If you could pray for him it would be nice.
~ Walker in Dreams
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Sure thing dude!
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Alright. My cousin went through it five years ago. It's a very scary experience.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Oh my! I'll definitely be praying for him, Arkan.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

Accent on the á!
~ Walker in Dreams
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Alright, Arkán! ;)

(still praying)
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Oh, sorry Arka- err, uh, Arkán. ;) Like TS said, still praying.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Well, I finished the triathlon on Saturday. It went very well, all things considered. I even came in first for my age group! (sarcasm, there was only one other person my age) It was rather ironic how I was wanting the event to be accident free, and then my sister and I both managed to get flat tires. I had a fairly bad wipeout, but it was only 100 yards to the biking finish, so I could simply walk the rest of the way.

To make a long story short, there were around ten different things that went wrong, but I still got a 1:20:45. Taking out all the mishaps, I could have gotten a 1:16 or below. There's always next year. However, I'm extremely happy with this time, I did fairly well, and I was able to give glory to God! Thank you for your prayers.

And now, I have to pray for my mother, who is doing the Ironman Triathalon. It's something she has wanted to complete since she was 12, and we have seen her come a tremendous way since she started training. When you compare what I did and what she is going to do, it is like comparing a toddler trike race to the Tour de France. If you could remember our family on September 9th, I would be very happy. Thank you all again!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Wow, that's amazing! My mom has done a few triathlons, but the farthest I've ever run in an actual race was a mile! I will be praying for your mom, T.S.!
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Thank you! The race is coming fast! The biggest thing to pray for, probably, are her foot arches to hold up for the run. She got some sort of compressing condition when she raced in her 20's, so they can get really swollen and hurt badly if she runs over 20 miles.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

God's Girl wrote:Our dog is dying. We will have to put her down soon.
IMG_3521bd.jpg
IMG_6050b.jpg
lunapic_129564121692789_5.gif
My Mom and sister are off to the vet's to put her down. please pray.

ETA: She is doing much better!!!
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Smile Awhile
Cookies & Creme

My grandpa is in the hospital for abdominal tumors. Please pray. :cry:
What do you want here? You can move along to the next post now; nothing fun here in my signature.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Smile Awhile wrote:My grandpa is in the hospital for abdominal tumors. Please pray. :cry:
Oh my! I'm sorry, Smile Awhile. I'll definitely be praying. Keep us updated on how he's doing.
Smile Awhile
Cookies & Creme

He's out of the hospital now! :D: Thanks for the prayers, Suzy.
What do you want here? You can move along to the next post now; nothing fun here in my signature.
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Awesome! :D: Last night, I was wondering how he was doing..
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

How is your dog doing, God's girl? Did you have to put her down?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

No, but she is getting steadily worse. It is a very long story, but basically she got really sick about 2 years ago with a number of things (choked on a bone, damaged her esophagus, couldn't eat, got pneumonia, got 3 infected teeth, ear infection, etc.), but the most prevalent being congestive heart failure. She was given 6 months or less to live, and as you can see, she has surpassed that. She is now deaf. 14 years old is good for a dachshund, so if you are praying, please pray for us to be able to cope with her dying. She has been there ever since I can remember, and it will be really hard.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Wow, I had no idea your dog had been through so much. I'm sorry that it is coming to an end. My family had a Labrador who got a brain tumor and got seizures. I'll keep your family in my prayers.