New Emily Theme!

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

New Emily Theme!

Hello Soda Shoppers \:D/

We here at the tech team would like to announce that a new theme is officially released! Emily Jones graces the header of this new theme, which you can activate as follows:

Activation Instructions
  • Go to the User Control Panel
    On the left sidebar, click on Board Preferences
    On My Board Style, select "The Soda Shop - Emily"
    Click submit, and enjoy the green color!
Special thanks to our Beta Group, which is MnM, snubs, Rosy, Paula, and T.S. (myself)! Also a big thanks to Belle, who provided assistance with the header, and Bren.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

*tries to be polite*

So, I logged in to find my beloved acidtech Emily theme gone forever. I'm. not. happy. I switched to Jimmy, but apparently all the acidtech themes are slowly slipping away. Is there anyway this can be stopped? O.o *cries* Or is this the end of life as we know it?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

We've made the decision to discontinue the AcidTech themes in favor of releasing replacements in the form of Soda Shop themes.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

The AcidTech is too dark for our group colors anyway. Which I don't find appealing.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Bren wrote:The AcidTech is too dark for our group colors anyway. Which I don't find appealing.
That's the beauty of it. Dark, rich and beautiful. With way more depth and intrigue then the plastic flat theme. :|
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I agree with MF, the AcidTech boards are soooo much better. It has a cleaner/smoother look, it looks more up to date, it's easier to maneuver, and it fits the whole screen. Plus, it's 300 time easier to see new posts.

#twocents
xo eht haiasi-
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Isaiah the Ox wrote:I agree with MF, the AcidTech boards are soooo much better. It has a cleaner/smoother look, it looks more up to date, it's easier to maneuver, and it fits the whole screen. Plus, it's 300 time easier to see new posts.
And see, I think it's completely the other way around. AcidTech is dated, the classic SS boards are super smooth and so much cleaner and a lot less old.

How is it easier to see new posts?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Belle wrote:And see, I think it's completely the other way around.
For one thing, brains can think completely differently. :P
Belle wrote:How is it easier to see new posts?
This is a question? Big bold check-marks that indicate what has been read, and what has been not, while the ice cream cones are just....

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Miss Friendship wrote:
For one thing, brains can think completely differently.
That was my point. :P
Miss Friendship wrote:
Belle wrote:How is it easier to see new posts?
This is a question? Big bold check-marks that indicate what has been read, and what has been not, while the ice cream cones are just....
Colored or black and white? Plus there's a button at the top right of the page that lets you easily view all of your unread posts: "View unread posts." I use nothing else.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Belle wrote:
Miss Friendship wrote:
For one thing, brains can think completely differently.
That was my point. :P
Okay, well I'm happy so long as both options are available so ones SS experience is more enhanced in whatever setting they deem best. :yes:

Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I love AcidTech Jimmy. It's so smooth.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Most of the AcidTech themes made my eyes bleed.

I primarily just use the standard board settings and switch it up occasionally with a character theme.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle