Accepting Mod Applications!

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Accepting Mod Applications!

Hey all!

We are looking to hire a couple new employees to join the Soda Shop Moderation team!

That’s right, we need a couple more mods (at least one), so we’re holding an open application.

What is a Mod?

The moderators of the board are the people in light blue, like this. Our current moderation team is: The Old Judge, T.S. (myself), Stella C., Arkán Dreamwalker, Eleventh Doctor, and Rosy. They are headed by the Janitors and the Managers.

The mods are the ones in charge of finding violations of the rules in posts, taking care of them (either by editing the post or deleting it), and warning the user.

Who may apply?

Any member who is above the age of 13, and has been a member for at least 3 months. You must also be in good standing and not be on disciplinary status.

How do I apply?

Easy. Just fill out the form below. Answer the questions truthfully to the best of your ability, and pm it to me, Belle.

Application:

1. Why do you want to be a mod of the SS?
2. Why should we choose you to be a mod/what will you contribute to the SS mod team?
3. How often are you around? Will you be around more if you are a mod?
4. Have you ever been in power on a board before?
5. Are you comfortable with the technology of the board? How quick do you think you can learn how to use the Moderator Control Panel?
6. Can you enforce the rules firmly in a kind and considerate manner?
7. What are your favorite things about the SS?
8. Have you had any correction on any AIO forums in the past? (including this one) If so, have you fixed what was wrong?
9. Why is blue better than red?
10. What is your opinion on bowties?
11. Do you understand that it is likely you won't get chosen for the position, and do you agree to be a good sport to whoever wins if it isn't you?
12. Type out your warning to a user who posted this quote below: (hint: Be sure to list all the rules they violated)
WHATTHEWHATTHEWAHTWATHAHTHWAHTHWAHTHWAHTWHATHAWTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!

THAT IS JUST TOTALLY NOT RIGHT YOU ARE AN AWFUL PERSON AND SO DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!1111 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Be sure to pm your application to me by the 12th of October!

We will announce our choices in the month to come.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

:lol: what does #9 and 10 have to do with being an mod?
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

NinjaThrowingStar wrote::lol: what does #9 and 10 have to do with being an mod?
*gasp*

They're extremely important in deciding your personality type and inner psyche. If we didn't know that, we wouldn't know if you would clash with the rest of the mods.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

Belle wrote:
*gasp*

They're extremely important in deciding your personality type and inner psyche. If we didn't know that, we wouldn't know if you would clash with the rest of the mods.
:lol: But wouldn't you want someone who is at least a little but different from the rest of the mods to to shine a new light on thing?
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

So if you are 13 you can't apply?
Proud K.R.E Member
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

NinjaThrowingStar wrote:
Belle wrote:
*gasp*

:lol: But wouldn't you want someone who is at least a little but different from the rest of the mods to to shine a new light on thing?
Of course! Different is always good. We just need to understand you beforehand.
Mickey wrote:So if you are 13 you can't apply?
You must be at least 13 to apply. :)
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What is "disciplinary status"?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

On #8, AIO forums, does that mean the Community Courtyard as well?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

MnM wrote:On #8, AIO forums, does that mean the Community Courtyard as well?
I mean forums like the ToO or CC. :)
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Should I ask my question again or would that be considered spamming? :twisted:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Blitz
Moose Tracks

I am definitely applying. May the odds ever be in your favor.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Miss Friendship wrote:What is "disciplinary status"?
Miss Friendship wrote:Should I ask my question again or would that be considered spamming? :twisted:
Huh, your first post didn't show up when I answered the first question.

Disciplinary status means that you have been banned or warned in the past, or if you are currently under a ban.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So no one who has been banned can apply? *squints at Blitz*

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Miss Friendship wrote:So no one who has been banned can apply? *squints at Blitz*
Well, you can't currently be under a ban and apply, but if you have been banned before, just mention that in your application. :)
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

I've been waiting for this for a long time! :P Glad the SS is going to get some more mods to help out!
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Good luck to all who entered! May the odds ever be in your favor. :)

Belleelllee! You should have done this in a few months when I was thirteen! *sobs* Jk, have fun with your new assistant dictator. :D
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Emma wrote:Good luck to all who entered! May the odds ever be in your favor. :)

Belleelllee! You should have done this in a few months when I was thirteen! *sobs* Jk, have fun with your new assistant dictator. :D
Umm... you don't have to be 13, you just have to be 13 or older. :| :P
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

MnM wrote:

She's younger than 13, so can't apply.
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Belle wrote:
MnM wrote:

She's younger than 13, so can't apply.
Oooh! Sorry! I thought she meant a few months ago when she was 13. Sorry! :oops: :P